Xbox Version Of Entoria Last Song Suspended By Dev (Due To Series S Issues?)

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By GhostOfGolden  Online
Member since 2023 • 2540 Posts

Game was announced by Xbox at TGS 2022

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39120 Posts

The S has been the worst decision from Microsoft since the original Kinect. An absolute plague to gaming.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69703 Posts

I am going to pretend to know about this game and that I care.... scene.

OMG. I can't believe this game is not coming the Xbox because of the Series S. It was one of my most anticipated games for 2024 and now this? Screw you Microsoft.

And...scene. 🤭

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8153 Posts

the Xbox console marketshare is too big too ignore for most; but too small to prioritize for some..

this is a potential long-term problem that Xbox should be aware of as they continue with their plans.. because even though the console wars are over, the Xbox console still needs to sell enough units to be a major player in the hardware market..

blaming everything on the Series S is just a lazy kneejerk reaction imo.. Xbox consoles just weren't going to have major marketshare this gen after the PS4 domination, period..

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56206 Posts

@ghostofgolden: To be honest, I never even heard of this game, (and I assume the rest for everyone in system wars) but the poster looks cool. A shame for Xbox players though but lucky for me, I'm a PC gamer, so this is someone else problem. That said, I looked at the trailer for this and it looks like yet another Souls-like game. I did enjoy Lies of P, so I'll go ahead and add this to my Steam wishlist.

Edit: Hold up, this game is releasing August 21st? Black Myth: Wukong is releasing on August 20th! WTH are they thinking of releasing that game on a well-known AAA which happens to be another Souls-like game. No way I'm skipping Black Myth: Wukong.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

The problem isn’t the Series S in itself. It’s that developers start on the PC with infinite resources, they don’t optimise the game as they’re making it and then they try to squeeze it on to consoles backwards. But the problem, is memory management needs to kind of be baked into the base of the game.

For example, I was learning about the techniques used to squeeze Arkham City into the 512mb of ram on the 7th gen consoles. You can’t do that later on. They’re the foundation of the game.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6197 Posts

I see the excuses are already in full swing.

This just looks bad for MS/Xbox, the S was a major mistake, but Phil has made every mistake in the book at this point.

I think MS should fire Phil and hire a monkey, at least the monkey would do a better job and for way less money.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By dabear
Member since 2002 • 8870 Posts

@last_lap said:

This just looks bad for MS/Xbox, the S was a major mistake, but Phil has made every mistake in the book at this point.

I think MS should fire Phil and hire a monkey, at least the monkey would do a better job and for way less money.

You are right - it does look bad for Xbox.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56206 Posts

@dabear said:
@last_lap said:

A least give Phil Spencer a 1yr to see if he can bring Xbox Series back on track since the Activision merging is still new after all.

Phil has 1yr to get it right, then we can all say yep, he's gotta go.

Icrackurnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Icrackurnuts
Member since 2024 • 64 Posts

I never heard of this game

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6197 Posts

@davillain said:
@dabear said:
@last_lap said:

A least give Phil Spencer a 1yr to see if he can bring Xbox Series back on track since the Activision merging is still new after all.

Phil has 1yr to get it right, then we can all say yep, he's gotta go.

He's had 10yrs, and in that time he has done everything in his power to destroy Xbox.

All he had to do is pay for the industries biggest games, but instead all he has done is try and become the Netflix of gaming because he has admitted defeat and refuses to compete with Sony.

The funny thing is people say Nintendo are doing their own thing, when it's Phil that is doing that, trying everything he can except trying to compete with Sony.

Get a new head of Xbox now so that person can plan a new Xbox and put their own thoughts and plans into action for the next generation.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16562 Posts

meh, wouldn't have cared about this game either way.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7201 Posts

@Pedro said:

OMG. I can't believe this game is not coming the Xbox because of the Series S. It was one of my most anticipated games for 2024 and now this? Screw you Microsoft.

And...scene. 🤭

if it was ps5 you be all over it rubbing it in sony fans face. it still looks bad for xbox. another game you can buy on ps5 and not xbox.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7254 Posts

I got a series S at launch and have to say the 10gb ram was a huge error of judgement. I can understand wanting the entry level price down but not at the expense of your flagship console.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#15 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69703 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@Pedro said:

And...scene. 🤭

if it was ps5 you be all over it rubbing it in sony fans face. it still looks bad for xbox. another game you can buy on ps5 and not xbox.

Nope!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44270 Posts