dag204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 dag204
Member since 2006 • 372 Posts
Have any of you guys played this game? I ordered it and I am still looking for some opinions
ligerz76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 ligerz76
Member since 2007 • 2022 Posts
You just made a mistake. Worst voice acting, graphics, and gameplay. I'm sorry my friend. I wish you luck if you get sick from the awfulness of this game.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#3 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
It's not your colorful, fun, happy shooter you are most likely used too. This is gritty, dirty combat. Personally, I didn't think it was amazing, but it was still pretty good. Gamespot didn't realize that this was different from Halo and decided to give it a bad score.
Nikalai_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Nikalai_88
Member since 2006 • 1755 Posts

I haven't played the Xbox version but I own Operation Flashpoint and its two expansions on the PC, there is also a demo for it in the PC section for you to try. However apparently the Xbox version has some issues with it so if your computer can run it and it probably could seeing as it is an old game you should probably get it for that.

Other than that what made the game great was its very easy to use editor and realism. If you are looking for a more GRAW like arcade game you will not find it here, in fact there is nothing more annoying than getting killed by a bullet fired from 300m from an enemy that you didn't even see.

dag204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 dag204
Member since 2006 • 372 Posts
I know it's not action packed or graphically stunning, but it looks like a good combat simulation. It should lend for a fun time.
Pvt_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Pvt_Murphy
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts

You don't get killed by invisible enemies too often if you know how to play the game. The funny thing is, most people don't like it at first, because they think it is a tactical shooter in the veins of Rainbow Six etc., meaning that if you go around corners slowly and eliminate enemies fast you can win. Then you get shot out of nowhere and the game seems random to you. You stick to the little area your commander tells you to be in and your chance of survival rises a bit but it is still pretty random.

You have to realize one thing, and that is that the game is a lot more complex than it might seem. The AI takes so much into account: If you have the horizon behind you, you stick out and the AI can see you better. If you stick your head out of the same hole all the time the AI will take aim on that and as soon as you come back you are dead. If you alternate the places you shoot from, they rarely get you. If you just drop down on open field and begin to fire from there, you are dead meat because the AI saw where you dropped down and takes aim on that location. If you drop down, crawl away, then fire, then crawl some more - that is better for you. etc. pp. The list is endless.

Play the game approximately as if you were in the military and it becomes one of the greates tactical shooters ever.

I agree that the PC version is better though! There are thousands of mods, missions, islands, visual upgrades etc. out there that only work with the pc version. If you get the xbox version you only get the game. With the pc version you can drawn from a huge pool of user created content that can enhance the value of the game infinitely.

Nikalai_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Nikalai_88
Member since 2006 • 1755 Posts

You don't get killed by invisible enemies too often if you know how to play the game. The funny thing is, most people don't like it at first, because they think it is a tactical shooter in the veins of Rainbow Six etc., meaning that if you go around corners slowly and eliminate enemies fast you can win. Then you get shot out of nowhere and the game seems random to you. You stick to the little area your commander tells you to be in and your chance of survival rises a bit but it is still pretty random.

You have to realize one thing, and that is that the game is a lot more complex than it might seem. The AI takes so much into account: If you have the horizon behind you, you stick out and the AI can see you better. If you stick your head out of the same hole all the time the AI will take aim on that and as soon as you come back you are dead. If you alternate the places you shoot from, they rarely get you. If you just drop down on open field and begin to fire from there, you are dead meat because the AI saw where you dropped down and takes aim on that location. If you drop down, crawl away, then fire, then crawl some more - that is better for you. etc. pp. The list is endless.

Play the game approximately as if you were in the military and it becomes one of the greates tactical shooters ever.

I agree that the PC version is better though! There are thousands of mods, missions, islands, visual upgrades etc. out there that only work with the pc version. If you get the xbox version you only get the game. With the pc version you can drawn from a huge pool of user created content that can enhance the value of the game infinitely.

Pvt_Murphy

I know but I was trying to explain that the game does not forgive mistakes easily.

Pvt_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Pvt_Murphy
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts
That is of course true.