Terrible netflix update this morning.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zorlac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Zorlac
Member since 2004 • 1511 Posts

Ok, the last update (before this one) added the ability for netflix to automatically go to the next episode of a show automatically. Today's update seems to have removed that ability, and made it even worse than it was previously if possible. Now you have to select the next episode of the the show BEFORE it ends. If you don't it goes to a suggested shows screen with no option to go to the next episode. Meaning you have to exit all the way back out to the program select screen, pick your show again, then when it starts hit the more episodes button, then pick the episode you want.

Why the hell would they do something so stupid as this when they previously had things right where they needed to be?

Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Plagueless
Member since 2010 • 2569 Posts

Ok, the last update (before this one) added the ability for netflix to automatically go to the next episode of a show automatically. Today's update seems to have removed that ability, and made it even worse than it was previously if possible. Now you have to select the next episode of the the show BEFORE it ends. If you don't it goes to a suggested shows screen with no option to go to the next episode. Meaning you have to exit all the way back out to the program select screen, pick your show again, then when it starts hit the more episodes button, then pick the episode you want.

Why the hell would they do something so stupid as this when they previously had things right where they needed to be?

Zorlac
I don't know, Netflix on the 360 used to be THE place to stream movies. Now it seems like they've removed all the features that made it great just to shoehorn in Kinect support. You can thank MS for that.
antiAntag0nist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 antiAntag0nist
Member since 2012 • 62 Posts

Zorlac
Well, I guess I'll be using my PS3 for streaming more now. Netflix on 360 has not been great for a couple years now and this is only adding to the problem.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#4 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Glad I cancelled my netflix back when they doubled their price. They never added movies, they just added tv shows and most of the ones that had were old crappy ones. Doesn't sound like it's any better now.
jordanheidt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jordanheidt20
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
it still allows you to pick the next show and has the countdown to the next show it just may be your console that does that
BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

Mine's working fine, Canada though, so maybe we just didn't get the update

mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#7 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
Glad I cancelled my netflix back when they doubled their price. They never added movies, they just added tv shows and most of the ones that had were old crappy ones. Doesn't sound like it's any better now.Rattlesnake_8
I agree, its not worth the money...if you want to watch tv shows on xbox, get hulu..its way better
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#8 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

Just add it to the list of things kinect f-ed up...

zombehhhhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 zombehhhhh
Member since 2011 • 456 Posts

F*ck Microsoft and their damn Kinect nonsense. I wish this stuff was simple. I've enjoyed having Netflix over the last several years but it's now becoming an inconvenience. They're getting rid of all the shows, movies, and stand up comedy stuff too. Only the REALLY popular stuff on netflix has seemed to stick around.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#10 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Nothing has changed. It still counts down(which I never liked). It still allows you to pick your next episode.
-Wicked_Sick-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -Wicked_Sick-
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
I liked it better before they had he countdown to the next episode.
etbny22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 etbny22
Member since 2005 • 1697 Posts
Still automatically goes to the next episode for me after the update.
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts
I mostly issue my Apple TV or PS3 for Netflix, so whatever. Why they can't just all use the same interface is beyond me.
Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ugalde-
Member since 2009 • 3732 Posts
Fine for me.
ZamboniGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ZamboniGamer
Member since 2011 • 530 Posts

The picture quality for Netflix and Amazon have been horrible lately on Xbox.  Luckily they are crystal clear on PS3. 

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#16 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts

The picture quality for Netflix and Amazon have been horrible lately on Xbox.  Luckily they are crystal clear on PS3. 

ZamboniGamer
Been fine and dandy on the xbox, could be a loose wire on your xbox. Now youtube on the xbox is a pain, so much buffering on every other video.
dave69mufc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dave69mufc
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
since yesterday's update for the xbox version the Horror section is missing from film library ? Last night when i went on netflix it was there now when i went on today it is missing I'm sure i'm not alone with this problem