Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

So just now I checked GS and saw I had a message and upon opening it I saw it was (probably) just spam (albeit of the sickest variety). The user in question only has 5 posts and has been a user since the 31st of Dec, 2014, so not a regular, so it would seem.

His/Her word go along the lines of "I hope your face gets cut to ribbons with a pocket knife", to get the gist of what the message is about.

Sooo I'm not entirely sure what to do, hence the post :)

(Edit: Just occurred to me, my pic has strong political connotations. I wonder if that could possibly be the reason)

zyxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 zyxe  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 5345 Posts

Hello @ianhh6,

Thank you for bringing this issue to us. Threats on GameSpot are never tolerable. There have recently (within the last 6 months) been a slew of inappropriate PMs sent to users and they appear to be sent at random; however, we take these issues seriously, so please contact @DigitalDame with the details of the PM and the user's name. She is the GameSpot community manager and will be able to review this since moderators cannot access other users' PMs.

Also feel free to PM all mods if you have any other concerns since it will likely be dealt with more quickly than posting in this forum.

Regards,

GameSpot Moderation Team

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Only mods and the TC are to reply to topics on this board, folks.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Well it's almost a shame they're randomly sent PMs, it's even sadder this way :p

Anyways, thanks zyxe :)