Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By D3nnyCrane
Member since 2007 • 12058 Posts

Hi team,

This is in reference to a PM I have just recieved, which I am happy to post in entirety upon request.

I would appreciate it if posts that merely reference another site were not treated as "Spam", especially when the supposed infractions occur approximately a month apart.

I understand that BranKetra has a chip on his shoulder regarding users of the site mentioned, but as a long time member, bad things have happened when moderator's personal vendattas were allowed to be linked to their view of the ToU.

As to the letter of the law, TDH is not remotely a "personal site" as mentioned, and mentioning it irregularly (three posts in the space of a month?) is not spamming.

Other than that, happy New Years, team!

D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 D3nnyCrane

@D3nnyCrane said:

Who has freely moving threads

Post racist jokes with no regrets?

We do, we do.

Who lives the dream that is Jandmin

Who welcomes the new folks in?

We do, We dooooo

I mean, to spam a site, wouldn't you need to,

you know,

actually mention the site?

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Who sent you that as a PM?

Also, in reference to any moderators on the team, if you feel you have a complaint you wish to make about them, I would recommend contacting our manager. Her username is: DigitalDame, she will deal with any complaints and take a external look to them. However, I do suggest not posting attacks on moderators on the boards as this is not the place for that, so as I say, please contact our manager with links or any messages you feel are unfair and she will look into the situation and bring about a solution if one is needed.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to use this board or the send PM to all moderators function.

Thank you.

D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By D3nnyCrane

Thanks for the level and helpful reply, much appreciated.

The mod mentioned was the mod that sent it, hence my reference to him in the OP - apologies if that was out of order, but the way it was done sort of seemed like it was not an official capacity thing.

Just for clarity - are we in agreement that this wasn't a spam incident? Would be good to know, as with a cross-section of users, it's inevitable that we're going to at least mention a common-interest site now and then.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

@D3nnyCrane:

Unfortunately, in this case I will not be able to go any further as this is a situation where a moderator has made a decision and as a team we stick by decisions on this level. However, if you wish to appeal, you will need to take screenshots and have links of evidence, then send our community manager, Digital Dame a PM (use the name DigitalDame as one word in the compose message box, there should only be one user with that name appear). Explain the situation to her and reference the evidence you can provide. If there is a case to answer, she will let you know and then things will be dealt with. However, if she feels there is no case then I think she will also let you know that.

I can not go over what another moderator has acted on in this case as it would not be appropriate for me to do so.

If you have any further questions outside of this let me know, but on this one I can not really go any further.

D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 D3nnyCrane

That's ok, I didn't want to make a stink, but I'll probably have to bring it up with the community manager if my posts keep getting deleted based on a vendetta.

I appreciate the assistance, you've been very helpful!

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#7 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

D3nnyCrane, please contact me directly. Thank you.

D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 D3nnyCrane

Done and done.