Syphon_Filter2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Syphon_Filter2
Member since 2006 • 215 Posts

I'm tired of this shit Microsoft keeps releasing updates to destroy windows 10 and forcing to upgrade to windows 11. I had to reformat my PC 2 times and redownloaded all my stuff. Now, a blue screen popped asking to backup to OneDrive and after I declined, the blue screen of death appeared. Do you guys recommend using Linux? I have never used it before thanks.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

For gaming it's not fully compatible.

There's no Direct X only emulators and it uses best of Vulkan.

I would say simply try Ubuntu first which is the most similar to Windows, after getting along with it (maybe install it via VM or as second partition) then you could move into more gaming dedicated distro such as Fedora, Nobara, POP or Drauger.

Lots of them are basically Ubuntu with touches and cuts designed better for gaming.

Before you jump into Linux gaming you should check https://www.protondb.com/ to see if the game you want to play work well on PC.

Tons of compatible games but not all newly released games instantly compatible on Linux - if you're into play the latest releases stay on Windows.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34703 Posts

I'm pretty sure MS doesn't sabotage W10 in order to get people to W11. Also pretty sure those problems you have isn't because of Windows.

I would recommend staying on Windows if you like games.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1142 Posts

If you are interested I would recommend installing it to a USB SSD and dual booting to test it. I would not recommend completely switching over unless you become comfortable with it.

If you are interested in gaming you can just install Steam and use Proton to play games that way, sometimes you may still want to boot to Windows for certain games so it is convenient in that case to have both.

If you want something friendly with a nice and helpful community, support staff that responds quickly and personally, and looks like Windows 7/10, then try Linux Mint Cinnamon Edition.