BradSetzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BradSetzer
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

So, I'm trying to figure out the name of a game that I played when I was little. I think it was either on the NES or the SNES. I vaguely remember a group of people going to a cave from an overworld and them finding someone inside the cave who has been turned to stone. I think one of the characters said something like "He's petrified!" or something. If I remember correctly, it may have been an RPG.

The games that come to mind are Startropics, Breath of Fire, and Lufia. I've looked at videos of gameplay for these games and they don't quite fit from what I remember. The gameplay from Startropics is not what I remember because the sprites are too big during the platforming sections.

The cave thing happens at the beginning of the game from what I recall. It seems like the game was real tense and dramatic. Even the music matched what was going on (finding someone petrified/dead in a cave). I believe they called him a professor but I'm not 100% on that. For some reason, when I remember this game, I tend to remember the boxart for Startropics but I don't think that's the game at all... Lufia's art style seems similar to the game from what I recall...

Ugh I'm so stumped. :P

Moonco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Moonco  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 3848 Posts

Phantasy Star 4? Your party enters a cave and finds Professor Holt turned to stone. This is a Mega Drive game so probably not the right answer.