regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

Here is a series of tweets that describe what went on there (click the tweet below to see his followups)

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

What a crappy company. Pay woman right. Dang sexist pigs.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I really don't care anymore. Don't buy their games if you don't like their practices. What's the argument these days? Private company can do what they want?

Quit being a Karen and put your money where your mouth is.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11704 Posts

Trash company is trash.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

Really? Quit being a Karen? This is more than complaining to a manager, this is a human rights issue. Perhaps we need to
quit being a Karen" over racism too. 🙄

@Telekill said:

I really don't care anymore. Don't buy their games if you don't like their practices. What's the argument these days? Private company can do what they want?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#6  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70402 Posts

@Telekill said:

Not buying their games as an individual literally changes nothing. This makes you solution simply useless and devoid of actual thought.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9434 Posts

I stopped supporting Acti/Blizz in 2019 when they decided to bend the knee to oppressive governments.

Spineless fuucks.

They have proven time and time again they don't care about anything but making as much money as possible for their shareholders which I view as a harmful practice.

It's not a matter of 'be better'. They are a machine that will continue to operate like this. They will push and push and take whatever they can to maximize profit at the expense of morality and human resources. It's very unlikely anything will change under the current leadership unless it is forced.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Telekill

@regnaston: I really wish they would. All that's happened by calling all white people racist is the creation of more racists.

@Pedro: All they understand is money. Enough people stop buying their products, they don't get paid.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pedro

@Telekill said:

@regnaston: I really wish they would. All that's happened by calling all white people racist is the creation of more racists.

@Pedro: All they understand is money. Enough people stop buying their products, they don't get paid.

That requires awareness, the very thing you are criticizing another poster about. However, it doesn't change the uselessness of your suggestion being guised as a solution.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Telekill

@Pedro: Well I suppose you could go all torch and pitch forks on them like every internet mob. Internet mobs now attack people IRL and look to kill them. Perhaps that'll work?

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

I've said this before but Activision-Blizzard made $447 million in profits a few years ago, paid zero in taxes, cut 800 jobs, and still got $228 million in tax payer credits that same year. You can effectively boycott all their products and they will still make money off of you with tax havens. They are just too big to fail.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pedro

@Telekill said:

@Pedro: Well I suppose you could go all torch and pitch forks on them like every internet mob. Internet mobs now attack people IRL and look to kill them. Perhaps that'll work?

It is clear that you are not taking too well to the fact that your argument is falling apart.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Telekill

@Pedro: Actually, you've provided no alternative means to prevent these actions. I have. You provided nothing.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

@Telekill said:

Criticizing a company for treating its employees like shit is "being a Karen" now?

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Telekill

@lebanese_boy: Over and over and over? Yeah. It's beating a dead horse. We all know they're shit. So don't buy their games.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lebanese_boy

@Telekill said:

@lebanese_boy: Over and over and over? Yeah. It's beating a dead horse. We all know they're shit. So don't buy their games.

And why is the critique of Activision-Blizzard bothering you so much?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44546 Posts

Wow. There’s a whole lot of **** going on over at Activision/Blizzard. Really need a good cleansing to happen over there.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Telekill

@lebanese_boy: I'm sick of hearing about it while the same people bitching keep buying their games. Grow a pair.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pedro

@Telekill said:

@Pedro: Actually, you've provided no alternative means to prevent these actions. I have. You provided nothing.

You are under the false impression that I needed to provide an alternative to your solution which was devoid of any sound logic thought.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#20 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14502 Posts

Why are we all feigning shock that Activision is a dubious manager?

Nothing stands between them and the bottom line.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

@Telekill: I agree it's annoying to constantly hear about this stuff but I bet you it isn't the same people bitching that are also buying their games. I think it's pretty safe to say that we here on these sites that are informed about all the videogame happenings are the minority. The majority of people who buy the next COD, and the next COD, and the next FIFA, and on and on are just casual people. They aren't informed about all the crap that goes on or they just don't care. These people are the casual masses that just flock to the nearby Walmart and go "where's the new Call of Duty?", pick up their copy, and go home year after year.

It's a damn shame as I feel like if more people would oppose certain practices that go on with new iterations of these franchises then perhaps actual boycotts could happen. But it won't.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Telekill

@Pedro: I appreciate you confirming that you're nothing but a troll with no solutions.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lebanese_boy

@Telekill said:

@lebanese_boy: I'm sick of hearing about it while the same people bitching keep buying their games. Grow a pair.

Yeah but why is this bothering you this much? People often bitch for trivial stuff but at least here there are valid reasons to bitch about.

If this somehow bothers you then the solution for you should be obvious and quite simple.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lebanese_boy

@Telekill said:

@lebanese_boy: Forgot I'm not allowed to call a Karen a Karen. STFU.

And the meltdown begins...

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18261 Posts
@Telekill said:

It's a noble sentiment to just say ... "don't buy their games" but sadly it won't work, they would first cut tons of jobs to maximize profits, they would screw several hundreds of hard working people to get revenues on their fiscal years, etc, etc ... those guys won't ever step down even if you stop buying their games, this guys need to be forced out of their positions.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Telekill

@madsnakehhh: And they're in the midst of various lawsuits for how many months now to do just that? The cards are in play to remove them. For now... don't buy their games.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18261 Posts

@Telekill: Again, i doubt is that easy ... even Blizzard employees were begging people to not stop buying their games because they count on sales to earn their bonus and keep their jobs. In the end, not buying their games will not stop Kotick from making a trillion dollars a year, but it will probably prevent Average Joe to pay his mortgage on time.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#29  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts
@Telekill said:

As if I'm not already doing that. But more needs to be done in sh**y workplaces like this. And COD bombing in sales, alongside losing stocks is a start.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5294 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@Telekill said:

As if I'm not already doing that. But more needs to be done in sh**y workplaces like this. And COD bombing in sales, alongside losing stocks is a start.

I am quite surprised that there are no activist investors who feel the need to do something, such as buying stocks in Activision/Blizzard, which allows them to choose the members of the company's board of directors (who can decide the fate of its executives, including CEO Bobby Kotick).

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58508 Posts

Yeah, but let's not put this all on Blizzard; it's important to remember this is Activision-Blizzard-King (or ABK).

I only say that because people want to hate on Blizzard for being Blizzard, but this problem is a lot larger than your dislike for WoW or because Diablo 3 was too colorful or whatever.

With that said, hopefully the poor sales of CoD Vanguard are a sign that people are catching on not only to the poor product development of these larger corporations, but also their poor ethics.

@Telekill said:

That's one perspective. Another is that by calling racists what they are, you pull them out of hiding and it becomes apparent just how many racists there really still are out there.

@Telekill said:

@madsnakehhh: And they're in the midst of various lawsuits for how many months now to do just that? The cards are in play to remove them. For now... don't buy their games.

Well the initial case from recent months had them settle for like $18 million or something. That's nothing to these people, it's a joke. They make that much in a day.

Strong action needs to be taken; for starters, break up the company into [at least] three different companies. Fines and tolerance workshops aren't enough these days, we need to make the idea of mistreating employees so abhorrent no corporation dares do it.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Oh, Bobby...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50664 Posts

Does the male have more experience than the female? Is he better qualified?

Or do we just look at the same positions and assume they should make the same?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pedro

@Telekill said:

@Pedro: I appreciate you confirming that you're nothing but a troll with no solutions.

You offered a thoughtless "solution" and I call you out on it. Now you are upset because you have been exposed.🤷🏽‍♂️

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39701 Posts

Since the backlash is related to a minority, and we're in 2021, i wouldn't be surprised if this is enough to make even Bobby resign. Now that would be something.

If this has happened in 2005, nothing would come out of it.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@hardwenzen: Honestly, I don't think anything's gonna happen. The board's still on his side, and firing him would cost the company actual millions. That's just how big corpos are I guess.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44546 Posts

Sounds like Bobby Kotick‘s time as Activision/Blizzard’s CEO may be coming to an end. Apparently he threatened to have an employee killed. Yikes! If true he shouldn’t just be ousted he should also be put up on criminal charges.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2525 Posts

It's an unfortunate consequence of centuries of workplace discrimination that, even today, men can still often be more confident in salary negotiations than women. Also silly Activision didn't see this PR disaster coming a mile off.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2150 Posts

@sancho_panzer said:

Also silly Activision didn't see this PR disaster coming a mile off.

When you are a rich creep and all your friends are rich creeps AND you know that you are too rich for consequences, why would you ever see it coming?

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2525 Posts

@rmpumper: No doubt they're awful people - that goes for pretty much any exec in any field.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34774 Posts

You can be sued for paying women less? Why isn't every woman suing everyone?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#42 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59332 Posts

Loading Video...

A group of Activision Blizzard shareholders has called for the resignation of CEO Bobby Kotick in a letter to the company's board of directors.

The letter follows a damning report from the Wall Street Journal that claims Kotick was aware of sexual misconduct within the company.

It also follows a walkout from Activision Blizzard staff in protest.

"In contrast to past company statements, CEO Bobby Kotick was aware of many incidents of sexual harassment, sexual assault and gender discrimination at Activision Blizzard, but failed either to ensure that the executives and managers responsible were terminated or to recognize and address the systematic nature of the company's hostile workplace culture," the shareholders wrote in a joint letter from the Strategic Organising Center (SOC) Investment Group, shared with the Washington Post.

The letter is also calling for the resignation of Brian Kelly (chairman of the Activision Blizzard board of directors) and Robert Morgado (lead independent director). They are the two longest-standing members of the board: Kelly since 1995 and Morgado since 1997.

In the letter, shareholders said that if Kotick, Kelly and Morgado didn't step down, the group would not vote for the re-election of the current directors on the board at the next annual shareholders meeting in June, and would urge other shareholders to do the same.

"After the new revelations, it's clear that the current leadership repeatedly failed to uphold a safe workplace - a basic function of their job," said SOC executive director Dieter Waizenegger in an interview.

"Activision Blizzard needs a new CEO, board chair, and lead independent director with the expertise, skill set and conviction to truly change the company's culture. We need to really have a reset button on the board."

Activision Blizzard's board of directors has already issued a statement defending Kotick, saying it "remains confident" in Kotick's "leadership, commitment and ability".

Avatar image for deactivated-6198641bda3ed
deactivated-6198641bda3ed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44 deactivated-6198641bda3ed
Member since 2021 • 71 Posts

This is what happens to your company when you hire mentally ill people