uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59332 Posts

We need to keep the Cyberpunk quota of shitty threads up my friends, dwindling.

Anyways... here's more of the gaming community embarrassing itself.

Selling 10.2 million digital copies in December 2020, Cyberpunk 2077 is the biggest digital game launch of all time.

According to a report by industry analyst SuperData, PC games revenue jumped 40 per cent in December 2020, "thanks to the release of Cyberpunk 2077".

interestingly, while the sale estimates do include refunds, the "data shows that refunds did not substantially affect the game's aggregate sales".

"A successful marketing campaign and the reputation of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt provided the hype necessary for the CD Projekt Red title to break records despite issues including performance problems on consoles, widespread glitches and the indefinite removal of the game from the PlayStation Store," the report said. "An extremely high share of digital sales (80 per cent) were on PC, likely due to the delisting on PlayStation and overall state of the console versions.

"Regardless of the short-term financial success, the critical backlash means the developer will now have to invest significant resources fixing the game in order to rehabilitate its image before the launch of its next title."

The report also confirms that Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War boasted the highest earnings on console last month, with Pokemon Go dominating on mobile

The long road to recovery for Cyberpunk 2077 continues with the release of the game's first major patch.

As we reported yesterday, this update - which brings Cyberpunk 2077 up to version 1.1 - focuses on stability improvements as opposed to quality-of-life, balance or AI reworks. It's under 10GB on PC, and just under 17GB on console.

The patch improves the game's memory usage within its various systems (characters, interactions, navigation, in-game videos, foliage, laser effects, minimap, devices, AI, street traffic, environmental damage system, GPU-related, and more), and makes various crash fixes related to loading saves, game opening and closing and the Point of No Return, among other aspects.

CD Projekt recently vowed to defend itself against multiple Cyberpunk 2077 lawsuits.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

Cyberpunk is a great game. If you’re poor and dont have next gen hardware, it sucks though. Plays best on ps5

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16019 Posts

Luckily sony pulled the digital edition and offers full refund the game. It would have been a very terrible experience for everyone on last gen consoles.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

Got it on GoG and I don't regret nothing!

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

great game

shouldn’t have been released on 2013 hardware in 2020,but they would have been criticised for not releasing on peasantware

damned if you do and damned if you dont

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#6 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25063 Posts

Terrible game. incomplete and unfinished.

indeed gaming embarrassment.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58508 Posts

Great game, but not without its share of problems. None of them gamebreaking, so I can overlook them, but still...I wish the game was polished. I also wish they didn't fart around with last-gen compatibility, that was probably mistake #1. Or just say "**** it" and make the game for "last" gen hardware, make it run better.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Djoffer123  Online
Member since 2016 • 2259 Posts

Looking forward to going back to it sometime later this year. 2 game breaking bugs in 4 hours of playtime was more than I cared for. Still believe it will be great!

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@sheevpalpamemes said:

Cyberpunk is a great game. If you’re poor and dont have next gen hardware, it sucks though. Plays best on ps5

I have next gen hardare and it still isn't a great game. It's okay at best. lol the missing police and traffic system. At least 40 perks not working. An entire attribute not working. Bugs everywhere. Yikes haha.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10556 Posts

i feel totally indifferent to it now.

i bought into the hype, pre-ordered etc. but i've made my peace with it being a lemon and moved on.

i'll probably pick it up at bargain bin price for pc or ps5 in a couple of years time out of curiosity, but it's well and truly old news for me now. don't care anymore. gone full partridge on it

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6610 Posts

Great game, haven't beat it yet since I'm taking a break from it. I burnt myself out since I was playing everyday since it came out.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Almost done... in the final pitches of the game. It's been such a fantastic experience despite being a hot mess. If I had to pick one thing I think the internet mob on here has gotten most wrong, it's the player choice aspect. The more you play, the more relationships you build, the more you discover how much it matters. In the final phases of the game you realize so much of what you said and did has shifted or even opened up quests and options now available. Between that and the stats and customization system, it really puts TW3 to shame

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

The game is a mixed bag it has the worst cop AI I've ever seen in a game but on the other hand Night City is beautiful and has alot of good side quest. I really hope in future patches they add some activates you can do to make the world feel less empty and boring also having more interiors to enter would be nice.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

I finally got my hands on a PS5 and the game runs great now. But it still crashed twice in the first several hours. What a joke.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8509 Posts

I think I should go and buy CDPR stock.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25063 Posts
@warmblur said:

The game is a mixed bag it has the worst cop AI I've ever seen in a game but on the other hand Night City is beautiful and has alot of good side quest. I really hope in future patches they add some activates you can do to make the world feel less empty and boring also having more interiors to enter would be nice.

Finally you seen the light. a month ago after launch game was "Amazing"!!.

Play Hitman. Better game.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44685 Posts

@Macutchi: "i bought into the hype, pre-ordered etc. but i've made my peace with it being a lemon and moved on."

That's how I feel. It's so disappointing I am beyond angry, just like so awful I am convinced there is no way they can pull a No Man's Sky or Sea Of Thieves reversal which essentially just meant adding more content and making minor tweaks. The kind of work the game needs will take at least a few years to right and I don't see any company investing resources into fixing the game design, let alone multiple buggy builds on multiple systems. They will likely throw their hands up and give up because the damage to their goodwill is irreversibly damaged, and legally (most likely from investor side) the financial and criminal consequences (securities fraud) could really throw a wrench in the company's operations, and cause for many in leadership to leave one way or another.

I haven't bothered to refund my digital version because I am kind of curious to see how these updates look over time, mainly in a kind of academic curiosity, but yeah I am not holding out hope this will get better, and that's relieving actually.

If anything makes me go "WTF?!" though it's the people who act like the game managed to live up to all the hype and what many see ad bad unfinished game design is actually well thought out intentional design choice.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts

From a studio that many claim is the most honest and consumer friendly in the biz.

They lied through their teeth with this one, and continue to do so. Real bad precedent.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39701 Posts

With this amount of annoying marketing. Not surprising.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44546 Posts

Really makes you wonder how much more it could have sold though. 🤔

RichiBowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RichiBowzer
Member since 2021 • 8 Posts

there is a load of hidden content in the game as well

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I am one of the failures that bought this game day 1. I have exactly 37 minutes on the game on Steam. I could refund it, but I keep thinking I might want to play it someday. How is that working out for me?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xantufrog  Moderator

@mojito1988: dude. What's The point?

You haven't played it long enough to like it or hate it, and it's only going to devalue with time...

Why not just return it and buy it for half the price in a year or two if you end decide you were interested again?

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mojito1988

@xantufrog said:

@mojito1988: dude. What's The point?

You haven't played it long enough to like it or hate it, and it's only going to devalue with time...

Why not just return it and buy it for half the price in a year or two if you end decide you were interested again?

I own every system every time. I have money so $500 is not much. Price is only a factor till it becomes a non factor. At that point it is all about if you have having fun when you play. I use x-box systems for Gamepass, Sony and Nintendo systems for exclusives, and my PC for more power. What's not to love?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xantufrog  Moderator

@mojito1988: wut? I'm talking about CP2077 - you said you were pissed you bought it and are now sitting on it. So I was saying why not return it, since they were doing refunds?

SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SheevPalpamemes

@mojito1988: instead of buying an xbox zunes X why not get 2 ps5’s.

SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SheevPalpamemes

Deus ex, was surpassed by miles by cyberpunk.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

@sheevpalpamemes: Huh? Miles and Deus Ex aren't even in the same genre.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mojito1988

@sheevpalpamemes said:

@mojito1988: instead of buying an xbox zunes X why not get 2 ps5’s.

Maybe cause I will end up with far more playtime on Gamepass than I ever will on my Ps5. (obvious answer)

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mojito1988
@xantufrog said:

@mojito1988: wut? I'm talking about CP2077 - you said you were pissed you bought it and are now sitting on it. So I was saying why not return it, since they were doing refunds?

I bought it on steam. I can get a refund forever as long as I do not play over 2 hours. So it really does not matter. I will refund it at some point if I decide I just don't ever want to play. I don't have money issues in the slightest so it is neither here nor there at the end of the day. I'm not pissed about anything I just feel silly for buying something that I guess I just really did not want. (not the first time and certainly will not be the last time)

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@sheevpalpamemes said:

I heard it plays pretty wel on the xbox one x as well, and it's good they leave teh base xbox and ps4 behind, it mean that's mediocre hardware from 2012.

The rtx 3800 is simply 20 times as strong as the ps4, a 300 $ cpu is more than 5 times as strong as the cpu in the ps4 as well.

At some point you need to let the old hardware go.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

The marketing department did their job. They had to embellish a few things, and outright lie about other things, but it got the results they wanted. Maybe in a few years the game will resemble what they promised, but I don't care because even the best CDPR games are severely lacking in the gameplay department. At this point I don't actually think they know how to make a good game. I'm not saying they are terrible, but the reputation they have is so ludicrously out of proportion to how good their games actually are.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@PernicioEnigma: honestly, that comment doesn't make much sense for CP. The gameplay doesn't remotely resemble The Witcher games. Not saying you'd like it or not, but just pointing it out. The gameplay in this is more like a strange lovechild of Deus Ex, Fallout 4, and GTA. With all the pros and cons that entails, including some "Jack of all trades, master of none" complaints one could lever