att. GS feature editor: companies screw PC-gamers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

migduvednok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 migduvednok
Member since 2003 • 295 Posts

Att. Gamespot's feature editor

I'd like to see an article on the fact that many great games these last couple of years haven't even come out for PC. We've had to live with the pc-version sometimes come out after the console version, but in not too few cases now, a PC version have been completely lacking!!!

That wouldn't be a problem if we were only talking bad games, but innovations like okami, super mario galaxyor Bully (nor the latters sequel just being released now) didn't even come out for pc AT ALL! !!!
(not even ugly ports like oblivion)

Research the fact:
1) how many gamers have only PC's?
2) how many games have not been released to PC but to consoles only?
3) What's the reasons behind the companies dumbing PC-versions?
4) how many consoles versions PC's?
5) what speaks for the opposite trend: which games comes for PC but not for consoles, etc.?

I really hope you star working this pressing trend.

I also hope the GS features star looking more like journalism - there's SO MANY good stories out there, and i've read on these boards that the intention and will is also there within - so go get it! :-)

J_Dodson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 J_Dodson
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts

Interesting idea migvudne...midguvne...guy! I think you may be looking at this backward, though. Historically, console games haven't been ported to the PC. In fact, I bet more console games are ported to PC now than ever before (thanks EA!)

The problem is that many of the major PC names from the 90s (Bioware, Bethesda, Irrational, Tim Schafer) have switched to console development, because the market is so much bigger. There are still a few dedicated PC developers, but they're few and far between, and so are the good PC games.

Anyway, I'll talk to Jason Ocampo about this, he probably has more opinions on the matter than I do.

migduvednok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 migduvednok
Member since 2003 • 295 Posts

Thank you very much for taking me seriously. :-)

and a sidenote - aren't microsoft shooting itself in the foot here? Talking about GAMES FOR WINDOWS, yet betting on the xbox?