onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By onesiphorus  Online
Member since 2014 • 5272 Posts

I feel that the links related to the controversial organization Black Lives Matter should be moved from the gaming news page to a page on GameSpot that contains news that is irrelevant to gaming. Black Lives Matter has nothing to do with gaming and should belong in the non-gaming sections of GameSpot.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14815 Posts

If this was an "ordinary" month/year, I would agree. However, in our current climate I think it's appropriate. If you don't want to read it, don't click it. They're not forcing you to read it.

jakek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 jakek
Member since 2003 • 1473 Posts

@onesiphorus: completely agree. BLM is a bullshit organization completely based on a lie. I'm sick of all this propaganda being shoved in my face. I come here for gaming info, not political bullshit. I don't plan on coming back to gamespot anymore because it just gets worse and worse. I'm sure they don't care though

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56269 Posts

Sadly, all the gaming industry is now getting involved with BLM and this is a gaming site meaning GS is just reporting it as news. Gaming news is news and no, I'm not defending GS stance on BLM, I'm merely saying they are just reporting it as news.

But let's be reasonable about this. If you don't like it, don't click the page/article involving BLM. Since I don't care for the BLM movement, I didn't bother clicking the main page on it.