DarkDiamond335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DarkDiamond335
Member since 2004 • 41 Posts

I'm done with this site. It's bad enough that it has become increasingly ideological, allowing woke twitter cultists to write dumb articles, but then GameSpot doesn't even have the courage to allow the users to comment on said articles because of, ostensibly, "toxicity." In reality, it's just because they're afraid of criticism for the digital diarrhea they produce. Sad to see the site decline like this, but not really that surprising.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14815 Posts

Yeah, it makes things a lot less interesting.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

Yeah, nothing worse than an employee of this site writing an opinion piece--in particular, the "Gina Carano Was Fired For Being a Bad Employee..." opinion piece--and not allowing others to express their opinion as well.

Very toxic, passive aggressive, hostile, and a true abuse of one's position here.

First time I actually thought of cancelling my account here in a very long time.

@GeminiEntity said:

If you're going to post an article and inject your opinion into it, then don't be a coward and close the comment section. Either lock them all or leave them all open, don't pick and choose.

It is cowardly, exactly.

@SOedipus said:

Yeah, it makes things a lot less interesting.

Indeed, I come here for open discussions. That includes opinions I disagree with or find distasteful. You have to accept humanity, warts and all, and hope you can change the minds of people you think need changing with civil discourse, debate, and open discussion.

Otherwise all your doing is standing on a soapbox, going "This is my opinion" then sticking your fingers in your ears and going "I can't hear you nyah nyah nyah no no no you're wrong I'm right"

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5  Edited By dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

That Gina Carano editorial has over a thousand up-votes at this point. I suspect a lot of people did what I did and mistakenly up-voted thinking they were opening the comment section. Unfortunately, there's no way to remove an up-vote, so I'm sure some clueless management type is going to see the up-votes as validation.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

Completely agree, this one-sidedness is pathetic. And why did the article fail to mention Pedro Pascal's tweet for comparison?

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

Gamespot: If you're going to publish political opinion pieces, comments need to be enabled. Otherwise get out of posting political content.

It's like showing up to a rally with a sign saying "Change my mind" and saying "uhh, im very uncomfortable you're talking to me!" when someone tries to change your mind.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34693 Posts

Yeah, it's pretty disgusting really.

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

@DarkDiamond335: well they all do it that’s why yahoo got ride of its comments section because too many people used to spread conspiracy theories mostly on the right side and left dose it too. And really you can’t have a decent conversation any more if you don’t agree what i say you must be left or right. People usually go to sites that have their views and ignore other sources because they want to sleep better at night. Its all social media fault for allowing misinformation to circle around and i have to say fox news too. CNN is bad too best news channels available in my opinion on tv is bbc and newsy. I think you are just a troll because you are so upset and you would just troll people on the article just don’t read it it’s ok not to agree with someone and don’t be a crybaby Republican

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

@sheep99: C'mon just check his history of comments, all important contributions Gamespot can't afford losing. Where else will he play victim?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

It is disgusting and a very bad look for Gamespot, but with how bonehaded a lot of this places decisions are it really doesn't surprise me. That writer is a true coward, afraid of others opinions. Pathetic.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59121 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Yea. I don't even disagree here that she shouldn't have been fired. But that's basically Kotaku blogging.

The frontpage in general over the last 2 years, especially after the election has had an influx of these very politically motived posts where they espouse liberal values and lock down the page for fear of evil MAGAs.

Video games, eh?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@mrbojangles25: Yea. I don't even disagree here that she shouldn't have been fired. But that's basically Kotaku blogging.

The frontpage in general over the last 2 years, especially after the election has had an influx of these very politically motived posts where they espouse liberal values and lock down the page for fear of evil MAGAs.

Video games, eh?

Yeah, that...and misplaced sense of guilt, maybe?

Seems like we either think we are--or we think other people think we are--like those shmucks from gamergate when a.) no we are not, and b.) honestly, who really cares?

Would be nice to go a month and only see gaming related news here.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59121 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Get your PolygonyKotakus farting out their end of a culture war enraged about anything and everything and you get your youtuber grifters, Quarterings and alike farting out nonsense. Each giving confirmation bias to their audience, inciting the other side.

And then shitholes like Resetera.

Actual games and movies become perfunctory to their political motivations. Just something to piggyback on as a means to influence people.