lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44624 Posts

My mobile browser (Chrome) keeps giving me a caution notifications in browser that the site pages aren't establishing a secure connection. I am viewing in mobile mode. It has been happening for last day or so.

I have been coming here for years and this is kind of a first. First time it happened I thought it was a fluke but unsure as to why it keeps happening.

EDIT: I tried in desktop mode and same. I noticed some pages are fine and others not. I have actually think I narrowed down when this problem occurs and it is when ad banners for the Facebook Oculus come up I get the site security problem.

I want to reiterate this only seems to be a problem for me with the Facebook Oculus ads. I know they have been getting bad press lately but I am being serious I am not trolling about it. I will try getting some screen captures to support this.

EDIT 2: I have been able to recreate issue now on multiple devices so it is not just my device. I noticed other ad banners for other stuff in same fashion page location for like US Army or Best Buy that do not do this, just Facebook Oculus ads.

EDIT 3: two ads here seem to cause it a third seems fine, I have looked at other sites to see if I can recreate issue with their ad services, found one on TechRadar I think but it was only same banner as one here that isn't causing issue, so I will keep hunting

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44624 Posts

I tried using another browser to see if issue persists. I haven't encountered the ad with Edge Chromium yet so haven't been able to confirm, but seems only to effect Google/Chrome browsers, but on multiple devices, and only on this website.