Let us disable union invitations already!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RainbowBrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#1 RainbowBrite
Member since 2003 • 644 Posts
It's been said before and we'll keep saying it until Gamespot pays attention: Give us the option to disable union invitations!!
Mehfuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 1

#2 Mehfuz
Member since 2005 • 10290 Posts
Totally agree with you, i get 2-3 invitaions almost everyday,  it's annoying
danieloc92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 danieloc92
Member since 2006 • 3278 Posts
Yeah, i requested this last week, but nobody did anything about it.
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
Are you talking about the PMs you receive?
OmegaDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 OmegaDark
Member since 2003 • 800 Posts
Yes! Massive Spamming of Union Invites is really really annoying! I get 2-3 invites daily...and most of the times its from the same people.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#6 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
I get quite a few but it's not really a huge hassle. Maybe have the option to have a fuzzy invite system where you only want to join unions with certain keywords associated to them and also full off.
vix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 vix
Member since 2003 • 2803 Posts
I've gotten the same invite from the same person about ten times now(in the past two weeks or so). It can be really annoying at times.
RainbowBrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RainbowBrite
Are you talking about the PMs you receive? KiIIyou
Sort of, I know you can turn those notifications off, but that's not what I want. I want notifications for other things. I just don't want to be invited to unions anymore! I don't want them piling up in my Union invitation queue, I just want them turned off.
Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Please Gamespot, give us a seperate PM box for all things union related. I am so sick of opening up my PM box and seeing nothing but union invites/telegrams.
maa4208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 maa4208
Member since 2004 • 14543 Posts
Or, you can just delete, not decline the message. Then you won't get any after a while. Thats what I do at least. Union Invites are the only way unions can grow, member-wise at least.
RainbowBrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RainbowBrite
Union Invites are the only way unions can grow, member-wise at least.maa4208
But when the same person invites you to the same union over and over and over, it's really annoying.
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
[QUOTE="maa4208"]Union Invites are the only way unions can grow, member-wise at least.RainbowBrite
But when the same person invites you to the same union over and over and over, it's really annoying.

Are they on your friends list?
maa4208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 maa4208
Member since 2004 • 14543 Posts
[QUOTE="maa4208"]Union Invites are the only way unions can grow, member-wise at least.RainbowBrite

Then you delete the message instead of declining the invite. When the person goes to invite you, they get an error saying that "This user has already been invited."
mariomaniac92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mariomaniac92
Member since 2006 • 5482 Posts
This may come as shock to you, but you already can disable them. Go to your prefs----> site settings----> uncheck everything under notification prefs. Unfortunately, this also turns off auto PMs of who's tracking you, but that's a sacrifice worth taking if you REALLY don't want union invites.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts

[QUOTE="RainbowBrite"][QUOTE="maa4208"]Union Invites are the only way unions can grow, member-wise at least.LTomlinson21

Are they on your friends list?

Exactly. If somebody on your friends list is sending union invites to you over and over (which is easily done because they just click one button to add their entire friends list for union invites), then just send a PM asking them to stop. Personally, if one of my friends keep sending invites, i PM then asking them nicely to stop and if they carry on, i remove them from my friends list. That usually stops the people sending invites unless they are just trying to annoy you. Most of the time though, they are not meaning to cause so much annoyance.

tyployt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 tyployt
Member since 2004 • 3545 Posts
This may come as shock to you, but you already can disable them. Go to your prefs----> site settings----> uncheck everything under notification prefs. Unfortunately, this also turns off auto PMs of who's tracking you, but that's a sacrifice worth taking if you REALLY don't want union invites.mariomaniac92
That isn't really disabling them. You still get them, you just don't get notified.
earthking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17 earthking
Member since 2003 • 12506 Posts
Atleast make it for subscribers...Then more poeple would join just for that...:P.
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
[QUOTE="mariomaniac92"]This may come as shock to you, but you already can disable them. Go to your prefs----> site settings----> uncheck everything under notification prefs. Unfortunately, this also turns off auto PMs of who's tracking you, but that's a sacrifice worth taking if you REALLY don't want union invites.tyployt
That isn't really disabling them. You still get them, you just don't get notified.

And that's good enough.
ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ArmoredCore55
Member since 2005 • 24947 Posts
I agree with the idea.
Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Disgaeamad
Member since 2005 • 19315 Posts

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Please Gamespot, give us a seperate PM box for all things union related. I am so sick of opening up my PM box and seeing nothing but union invites/telegrams.Dutch_Mix
Dutch, were you the one that made that suggestion a while back, with how it would look?

That's something we definitely need.