TazmanianD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 0

#1 TazmanianD
Member since 2002 • 1476 Posts

I'm one of those weird people who has subscribed to the "GameSpot Daily Updates" email newsletter. Whenever I try to open a link from the email, I get an error page complaining about the certificates for the site I'm trying to open.

For example, the most recent "Today-Only Deal: Cyberpunk 2077 Is Just 5 Bucks" email I got has links that open to a hostname with "https://url6319.gamespot.com/" and Chrome takes me to a "Privacy error" page with the error "NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID". This indicates that your server has a problem with the certificates installed on it.

Even clicking on the ads in the email don't work. You're losing revenue here.

This has been a problem for me for months. You should probably fix this.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@TazmanianD: Although the URLs in the email will be the same, they don't appear to throw the same security error in other browsers. Have you tried clicking the link from another browser?

TazmanianD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TazmanianD

Well after not working for I think a year, this seems to be fixed now. So either someone saw my post and fixed it or, more likely, it was just coincidence that I get to look silly :-). I'm betting on it being a conspiracy against me. The trick was probably to mention losing revenue.

TazmanianD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TazmanianD

This is happening again. Same hostname as before (https://url6319.gamespot.com/). I tried on Chrome, Firefox and Edge and all give the same error.