Power mad moderators deleting posts that they disagree with and penalizing users

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chirico_Cuvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Chirico_Cuvie
Member since 2003 • 842 Posts

Forums are places where people go to voice opinions, discuss subjects and occasionally disagree. I've lately been suspended, lost points, and received numerous warnings for trolling. I've done nothing but voice my personal opinion on various subjects - mainly the staus of the Wii in the game market - in an open dialogue to discuss what others think about it. Every time this happens I get slapped by some fanboy crybaby that managed to sweet talk his way into being a moderator because he has nothing better to do with his time but sit on a forum all day.

Trolling is such a vague term and could be applied to somebody giving a sarcastic remark, or blatantly insulting another user. Voicing one's opinion in a place that's specifically designed for such an act is not trolling if the majority - or specifically a moderator - disagrees with said opinion. I'm not insulting users, I'm not using foul language, I'm not spouting unfounded facts or crap that is patently false. I'm looking to see if others are feeling the same as I about an overhyped machine, and if they're not, what do they think about it that makes them feel that way.

Because of this, I've run across several moderators that have a knee-jerk reaction to immediately delete what I say and attack my account with their power-mad penalties, simply because they disagree with my opinions and have the power to silence others. I call to the GameSpot staff, the ones that are actually paid, to look into what these moderators are up to and act accordingly.

If this is not done, I feel my Total Access membership is not worth renewing and I will simply become one of the vast majority of freeloaders that visit the site for free. I visit and post on other sites like ign and gametrailers and I've never had a problem with this kind of overzealous, Big Brother censorship by a moderator on those sites.

Thank you

PS. In case a moderator thinks about deleting this post, I'm also emailing this to Gamespot and cnet.

AlexN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 AlexN
Member since 2003 • 9000 Posts
The place to post about moderation issues is Ask the Mods, not here.