STOP disabling comments on controversial articles!

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I know this has been brought up before, and I've brought it up before at least a couple of times, but I'M BRINGING IT UP AGAIN. LET US DISCUSS! Your latest article on Activision/Blizzard employees speaking out against the company's latest statement NEEDS TO BE DISCUSSED. More than ever, WE NEED TO BE ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT THIS! I get these are sensitive topics that usually bring out a lot of trolls, but you have moderators. USE THEM. If you aren't going to allow us to speak, you might as well stop reporting on these issues, because what's the point of reporting if we can't discuss! Do you not agree that it looks bad that an article about people speaking out is not allowing people to speak out about it?

I would recommend you disable article comments altogether if you continue this practice, because trolls do appear and cause trouble on all sorts of other topics, so why only care about particular trolls when it comes to socially sensitive issues? Again, you have moderators, and they need to do their jobs, or you might as well shut down discussion entirely (including the forums, as they're dying more and more every year) and let your moderators go.

Enough is enough. Give the people who have things to say the right to say it and stop letting the trolls win. I've had enough waiting on this matter.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14815 Posts

I second this and I encourage others reading this thread to share their opinion.

It would also be appreciated to get a response from a staff member when someone has the time. Not sure who to @ since staff seems to change quite a bit.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56268 Posts

@SOedipus said:

I second this and I encourage others reading this thread to share their opinion.

It would also be appreciated to get a response from a staff member when someone has the time. Not sure who to @ since staff seems to change quite a bit.

While moderators don't have a saying on the Blizz articles, I'll just summon @rorie@tcavadias who are the current GS Staff and I'll let them do the talking. But of course, you are welcome to make a thread on Blizzard's action in Games Discussion, just keep it cool/civil, please.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#4 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@davillain- said:
@SOedipus said:

While moderators don't have a saying on the Blizz articles, I'll just summon @rorie@tcavadias who are the current GS Staff and I'll let them do the talking. But of course, you are welcome to make a thread on Blizzard's action in Games Discussion, just keep it cool/civil, please.

Thank you. I would, but these forums have been shriveling up over the years. There's a thread in GD on the first page that hasn't had a reply in almost a month. We also shouldn't have to start a thread in a forum when an article itself has a comment section, provided that it is turned on. The article on J. Allen Brack stepping down would have also been a terrific article to comment on, but alas, another missed opportunity.