Uncharted 2 Video Review

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dan_Lero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Dan_Lero
Member since 2006 • 7487 Posts

Ok then, i'm not usually one to complain about something, but i started watching the Uncharted 2 video review and it starts with something that ruins the plot! I mean come on!

I've been really looking forward to the sequel and knew that there would be a plot twist like the first game, and i've been distancing myself from knowing what it could be in the second and that has just been taken away in the first five seconds of the review! I stopped watching it in case of any other spoilers.

Would it be possible to remove that section opening the review? I'm not the only one that seems to be very annoyed a number of people in the PS3 Forums have bought it up too.

Cutekitten6_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Cutekitten6_18
Member since 2005 • 22640 Posts

This is a very hyped up and anticipated title. It doesn't make sense to spoil something within seconds of the review playing!

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Please do.

Even though it's somewhat obvious to people who have played the first game, including me, I still didn't want to see those first 5 or so seconds. Especially for people who haven't played the first game, they'll be experiencing Uncharted for the first time.

I think a "Wow! I didn't expect to see that!" reaction makes more of an impact than a "Oh hey, I saw that in the video review on GameSpot."

Just kinda bugs me that something I'm sure is probably a plot twist later in the game was revealed right off the bat.

BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

Looks like GS took a leaf out of GameTrailers' book when it comes to spoiling games. I wouldn't say it's ruined the game for me, but I'm pretty annoyed that it was shown.

Please, please remove it.

MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 MJPK
Member since 2006 • 3360 Posts

The spoiler needs to be removed.

Thanks GS for ruining part of the story :roll:

MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 MJPK
Member since 2006 • 3360 Posts

Looks like GS took a leaf out of GameTrailers' book when it comes to spoiling games. I wouldn't say it's ruined the game for me, but I'm pretty annoyed that it was shown.

Please, please remove it.

BZSIN

I'm never watching another GT review after watching the U2 review :evil:.

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts

Yes, please remove the spoiled section. It wasn't even like important to the video.

JusticeCovert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 JusticeCovert
Member since 2002 • 1819 Posts

Hey Guys, We're working on getting a new version of this video review up minus that first clip right now. Having played through the game myself I don't think it's quite as big a spoiler as it appears to be to someone who hasn't got the game yet, but we're moving to change it as quickly as possible anyway. Apologies to any of you who feel like this might hamper your enjoyment of the game at all, but there are still *plenty* of surprises waiting for you.

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sa10kun

Hey Guys, We're working on getting a new version of this video review up minus that first clip right now. Having played through the game myself I don't think it's quite as big a spoiler as it appears to be to someone who hasn't got the game yet, but we're moving to change it as quickly as possible anyway. Apologies to any of you who feel like this might hamper your enjoyment of the game at all, but there are still *plenty* of surprises waiting for you.

JusticeCovert

It wasn't a huge spoiler and most of us that played the first one probably already expected it. But any plot based spoilers will take something away from people that want to remain unspoiled.

Dan_Lero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dan_Lero

Thanks Justin;)

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sa10kun

Thanks Justin;)

Dan_Lero

Yea, thanks justin.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Ah, ok. I was also thinking that it wouldn't be that big of a spoiler in comparison to the other twists in the game had it been in the video.

Thanks Justin.

Ronin893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 Ronin893
Member since 2009 • 1927 Posts

i had to watch it a few times to wonder what you guys were talking about and I never say anything that was a spoiler to me. That 1st clip didn't ruin anything to me but I guess to each his/her own.

WeaponXY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WeaponXY
Member since 2009 • 1280 Posts

Haven't seen the review, but that's pretty crazy if it spoils a plot twist. :?

Dan_Lero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dan_Lero

i had to watch it a few times to wonder what you guys were talking about and I never say anything that was a spoiler to me. That 1st clip didn't ruin anything to me but I guess to each his/her own.

Ronin893
If you read further up the thread, it's because they've taken it out and put in another clip...