Why does Gamespot have instructions on dating to pro abortion charities on the main page?

Maxpowers_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Maxpowers_32
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts

What does forcing all states to allow abortions regardless of voters wishes have to do with games? Regardless of where you stand on the issue what in the world does it have to do with video games?

Is that idea that if women get rid of their unborn children they will have more time to play games? Or that men will continue playing and not have to worry about taking care of their kids?

Please explain why you have a clearly polarizing political issue on your main page with only 1 side. I don't see anything about donating to adoption centers, pregnancy counseling, or defending the pro children groups that have been fire bombed and targeted by violence from Biden supporters.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15925 Posts

Gamespot is highly political. They also delete comments that is against their political leaning.

Maxpowers_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Maxpowers_32

@sakaixx: I've been playing games for years and the only political issues related to gaming I've seen before are whether violent video games lead to real life violence. For example during the Kyle Rittenhouse trial they tried to make the fact he played Call of Duty evidence that he was a violent person. Taking a stand on something like that I can understand.

Yet there was nothing on the gamespot main page asking for donations for Kyle Rittenhouse. Not even a single article about the issue of violent videosgames and actual violence.

With abortion what does having a woman kill her baby have to do with Zelda, Mario, FPS, or any other number of games? Did Gamespot turn into democratic propaganda? If there is no game connection why are they talking about it? I would like an explanation

Maxpowers_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Maxpowers_32

@girlusocrazy said:

@Maxpowers_32: They also report on movies and TV shows that have nothing to do with games either. I guess they make stories about whatever they feel like.

There's no mandate or policy making them cover only certain content, and there's no mandate or policy making them give equal coverage to other tangential subjects either.

Entertainment sites tend to have a target audience. GameSpot's coverage has evolved since the beginnings in various ways. At the end of the day GameSpot is a business that generates profits for its owner. If it makes financial sense to change, they will continue to do so.

If you have an idea for a site that you think would become popular due to covering specific topics, perhaps there is an opportunity for you. If that sounds like too much work, there are content feeds which link to specific content from all over, called aggregators.

There is also the possibility of funding an organized initiative. Additionally there may already be existing sites outside of GameSpot that could cover such things.

Best of luck.

I complained about Gamespot covering TV shows and movies as well when I had a show spoiled when I came on this site. At least that is sort of the "nerd culture". They tend to do stories on tv shows and movies that are superhero, sci fi, etc.

Are you saying that they are now a combination games, tv shows, movies, and promoting money for left wing causes/democratic politicians that have nothing to do with gaming or the kinds of things you'd see at comic con? When I scroll through the main page all I see are games or tv shows/movies. There are no political articles except the abortion ones.

So they straight up promote propaganda? So if Gamespot was Russian based company they'd be doing articles raising money for Putin's causes or if they were China based they'd be raising money for gamers to promote the Chinese Communist Party causes?

If they are getting into the political realm I have a ton of ideas for articles. Maybe they could promote the Kyle Rittenhouse video game and ask for donations to support a fellow gamer attacked by corporate media for defending his neighborhood and defamed by powerful people.

https://rittenhousegame.com/

If they are interested in covering abortion perhaps they'd like to talk about the founder of planned parenthood's goals for eugenics? Or maybe they can show images of the babies they are raising money to destroy and talk about how science has advanced since the ROE decision? Another idea is to talk to people whose mother's almost aborted them? Maybe mention the actual constitutional law? Wouldn't they be more interesting than just giving 1 side and asking for money from gamers? I'm curious if they think everyone who plays games has thinks exactly like them or if they higher people with divers view. It seems like maybe they are nothing but an echo chamber.

If they are mainly targeting younger people maybe they can do articles about the people losing their lives to drugs and how Biden's policies have led to the higher prices and damaged the economy making life more difficult for them?

What exactly is the criteria that they use to cover political topics? Especially highly sensitive and complex ones.

Where do you submit ideas for articles? I'd be happy to link to ones on a variety of topics.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6880 Posts

Gamespot is run by far leftist and like most far leftist they have to express their views at all cost. Unless their corporate overlords tell them to stop they won't. They have no issue running a company into the ground. Hopefully at some point the owners will pull a Netflix or Tesla and clean house on their woke employees... but who knows.