strat505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 strat505
Member since 2006 • 1252 Posts
how long does it take to save up 1,000,000 pesetas?  did you just save up?  im on my first playthrough and i want the CT, but only have around 150,000.  someone told me if i sell all my stuff i might have enough, but i doubt it.  and is the CT worth it?
Kenshi_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Kenshi_is_god
Member since 2004 • 5414 Posts

don't sell everythng. you'll be close, but still not enough. just buy the treasure maps(if you didn't already), and make sure to combine the treasures you can. (example : The different color eyes you get from the insects, can be put into the butterfly lantern). Most gems can fit into something. Make sure to do the shooting ranges, and to sell unneeded and unused items.

Just wondering, how is it that you have access to the Chicago Typewriter if you haven't beaten the game? 

King_Of_Spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 King_Of_Spam
Member since 2006 • 1263 Posts

don't sell everythng. you'll be close, but still not enough. just buy the treasure maps(if you didn't already), and make sure to combine the treasures you can. (example : The different color eyes you get from the insects, can be put into the butterfly lantern). Most gems can fit into something. Make sure to do the shooting ranges, and to sell unneeded and unused items.

Just wondering, how is it that you have access to the Chicago Typewriter if you haven't beaten the game? 

Kenshi_is_god
Yeah I know you have to beat Assignment Ada for the Chicago Typewriter.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

For the GC version, YOU have to beat the game first.

Then you have to play Ada's Assignment, which will be unlocked once you play the Main Game once through.

Completing Ada's Assignment through, will grant you the Chicago Typewriter. The CT will be available when you play the Main Game again, but make sure you SAVE as much money as you progress the 2nd time. 

Trust me, the CT is well worth it.  

blue_tape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 blue_tape
Member since 2007 • 2868 Posts
The Chicago Typewriter isn't really worth the effort. If you're on your first play-through, I don't expect that one might collect 1,000,000 moneys. The second time through you should hit 1,000,000 with no trouble. It's important to remember to sell everything you can, including fish and eggs.
AndrewP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AndrewP
Member since 2002 • 5931 Posts

If you have both maps and don't miss any treasures, you can save up 1 million about 2/3 of the way through. It's very easy.

If your lifebar is maxed out, you might also want to start selling G+R+Y herbs, which go for 10,000 apiece.

Kenshi_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Kenshi_is_god
Member since 2004 • 5414 Posts

The Chicago Typewriter isn't really worth the effort. If you're on your first play-through, I don't expect that one might collect 1,000,000 moneys. The second time through you should hit 1,000,000 with no trouble. It's important to remember to sell everything you can, including fish and eggs.blue_tape

How can an infinite ammo machine gun not be worth it?

Yeah I sold just about all the un nessecary things. My health was maxed, so all yellow herbs were gone(3k a peice), all grenades were gone(flash 500, incin, 1000, and hand 3000, i think). All treasures were sold if not combined, and the shooting gallery helps.

SPOILERS? 

After you get boarded up in the house with luis, you have an option of two ways, do both. Kill El Gigante, get the money, the treasure and other items in the area, go back the way you came from and go the other way. 

Look for Birds nests in trees, cut all boxes, kill snakes and chickens if you can(they drop eggs). Shoot the medallions and sell the Punisher prize, and behind every Lord Saddler picture in the Castle, there is 5000 pesetas. I think there's about three. 

END SPOILER

blue_tape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blue_tape
Member since 2007 • 2868 Posts
How can an infinite ammo machine gun not be worth it?Kenshi_is_god
You can take that gun, and with that same 1,000,000 I'll buy the Infinite Rocket Launcher that doesn't require the completion of a mini-game (hot as Ada is). :)
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

I'm on round 3. I've already got the IRL and I'm working toward the CT. I've got a little over 500,000 saved and when I'm closer I'll sell the TMP and some other stuff I won't need.

Problem is, I think the game will be too easy once I get the CT. I already have to restrain myself from blasting everything with the IRL.

It would be good if you could change the difficulty once you load a "Round Cleared" save. You could then start Pro with the CT that you worked so hard to get. Weapons like those are pretty pointless on normal IMO.

strat505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 strat505
Member since 2006 • 1252 Posts
thanks you all gave great advice.  especially buying the maps, the one part where you can pick b/t el gigante and villagers, and the 5000pstas.  o yea and sorry for not telling you that i beat assignment ada, i thought if i said i wanted to get it i thought it would be understood that i've already beaten it.  but once again, thanks for the help!
DeadPhoenix86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 DeadPhoenix86
Member since 2003 • 2001 Posts

pro mode is kick ass the enemies are twice as strong but still possible to beat if your taking the time for it xD
having super weapons on pro makes you feel god ;)

i asualy sell all weapons when i start new game cause else its boring and not a challenging anymore xD