Star Wars game, Jedi: Fallen Order, no microtransactions,no multiplayer,singleplayer campaign only

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Soundings a lot better, hopefully just as good, if not better than Battlefront 2 campaign.

https://twitter.com/BlairBroon/status/1116830762899128320?s=20

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

One big Electronic Arts name will make me to stay away from that game. I can't wait to see Respawn thrown into hot water by EA like Bioware right now.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58508 Posts

This makes me feel pretty great. Glad we will have a solid singleplayer Star Wars experience at long last.

@lembu90 said:

One big Electronic Arts name will make me to stay away from that game. I can't wait to see Respawn thrown into hot water by EA like Bioware right now.

Why would you actually want to see that? That's some cynical, petty nonsense right there.

Expect it, sure. But in the last few years the only great titles EA has published have been Respawn's games; Titanfall 1 and 2, and Apex Legends. Battlefield is getting old, Bioware is dying, the whole Sim franchise (Sims, SimCity, etc) is a cash cow based on 40-year old women.

I dare say you should hope EA does not do what you wish to see.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

Sounds pretty promising if true... but we'll see how it turns out. I can't imagine EA releasing a solely SP game, without microtransactions etc. There has to be a catch.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 npiet1

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Sounds pretty promising if true... but we'll see how it turns out. I can't imagine EA releasing a solely SP game, without microtransactions etc. There has to be a catch.

EA confirmed it in a response with a gif of BB thumbing up. So its hard to believe but it's true.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

@npiet1 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

EA confirmed it in a response with a gif of BB thumbing up. So its hard to believe but it's true.

Hmm ok. We'll see.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By RSM-HQ  Online
Member since 2009 • 11691 Posts

EA is pretty trash but Respawn seem to know how to keep the beast at bay (for now)

Not a Starwar fan either buying all the cosmetic micro transaction trash fans jump for joy at. But Respawn has at least proven to keep an eye-on. Apex Legends is simply legit good!

While played the two Titanfall games on P.C. and never thought much of them, solid mechanically but overly gimmick focused with so-so map design.

Fallen Order is at least going to be better than the Battlefront series. Has the GoW3 director working on it.

*Whelp. . That's what I get for having faith. Just watched the 'story trailer' and the CGI to in-game was very noticeable. Yuck, those animations and character models stood out like a bleeding thumb. Very dated. And they gave us nothing else to work with. EA should beg Capcom for the RE Engine if this is the best they can do, Stig Asmussen has really dipped.

I get Apex looks goofy meh because the player count, and free to play model. But this just looks awful for something at full retail price. Officially lost interest, hope it at least meets Starwar fans low expectations.

Avatar image for gettingonwithgaminglife
GettingonwithGamingLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GettingonwithGamingLife
Member since 2017 • 277 Posts

If it comes to my platform then sign me up, hope that they work on it well.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I hope this game is good and sells well maybe that will spark EA to publish more SP games and less looter shooter trash.

Comma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Comma
Member since 2019 • 28 Posts

The cinematic trailer seems to present an interesting story. I just hope the actual game holds up.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RSM-HQ  Online
@comma said:

The cinematic trailer seems to present an interesting story. I just hope the actual game holds up.

Half way through the trailer it seems to switch into in-game models

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

Good news for me. I don't play MP games these day anyway. Star Wars is a good theme. I'm looking forward for this game.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts

@RSM-HQ: When you say "so-so level design" on Titanfall 2, I'm totally confused. "Effects and cause" when you're using the fold weapon to shift time is probably only outdone by the previous level "Into the abyss" which saw you trying to navigate through a factory constructing prefabricated houses around you. Both brilliant levels, with original ideas.

Titanfall 2 was criminally underappreciated, and no sp campaign since came anywhere close to it imo.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

Remember when EA say they do not believe in single-player games anymore?

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

I'm cautiously optimistic. Respawn are good but it's electronic arts we are talking about

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9434 Posts

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RSM-HQ  Online

@sealionact: Just to begin I'm referring to the multiplayer in both, never did the story mode in TF2, as I only played that one during the multiplayer trail.

So-so is usually my way of saying 'in places really good, and others what was the map editor thinking?' If you've sunk time into both games I'm sure you cannot have missed these observations.

My time with Titan Fall series made me question some map areas and what relevance they hold. As someone who has played many Quake games (excluding Q4, Q:ET) every area has some purpose or mechanical use.

Also I have no problem if you disagree. I thought the games clearly had a target audience and did a pretty good job for those wanting it. I just happen to question a lot of design choices so clearly wasn't my kind of shooter experience.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts

@RSM-HQ: Ah, that makes more sense. Seriously, check out the sp campaign. Amazing level design.

https://kotaku.com/let-s-talk-about-titanfall-2-s-best-mission-1788777731

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RSM-HQ  Online

@sealionact: Will check your link but unlikely the games Single Player content. As stated it wasn't just level design I had issues with.

Though don't take that to heart fellow Gamer. I think it's awesome when people liked a game like Titanfall, Respawn seem to be one of the few EA developers with a head attached to the neck these days.

Fallen Order does look a bit rough in my view, but we'll see how that one turns out I guess.

*Whaw that's some Braid level stuff going on in those gifs!

Comma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By Comma
Member since 2019 • 28 Posts

@RSM-HQ:

I didn't notice that. To me it looks okay, but I'm not hugely fussy when it comes to these things as the option to play demanding games on high settings has only recently become available to me. Providing the game has a good story and doesn't just pander to nostalgia or rely on played out tropes I think it could be decent.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 npiet1

It's good to see Cameron Monaghan work more, He was amazing in Gotham as the Joker.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RSM-HQ  Online

@comma:

didn't notice that. To me it looks okay, but I'm not hugely fussy when it comes to these things as the option to play

Am for more-so in the animation quality for the following reasons.

Fallen Order is going to be a 3D Hack n' Slash game, most of the top tier games in this genre have extremely fluid animation. 2019 already has amazing games in this genre like Sekiro and Devil May Cry 5, along with soon to be Bayonetta 3. Fallen Order looks a little flat and animation quality lacking/ seems stiff.

Fallen Order has the same director as GoW3 (Stig Asmussen), it is heavily assumed Fallen Order is basically a GoW game. And his previous team pulled this off nine years ago on 2006 console hardware-

Now compare to a game five years in development to 2019 standards, likely showing P.C. footage (at full retail price)-

Dunno dood. Looks pretty mediocre.

I'm all for giving Respawn benefit of the doubt (for now). But all we have is the same level of PR we got for Anthem and an underwhelming trailer, that's in no way reassuring.

As I'm seeing it, some around here have this weird masochist relationship with EA. Electronic Arts constantly prove to be against Gamers best interest; and so many support them anyway.

Providing the game has a good story and doesn't just pander to nostalgia

Right now I think story is the only thing seeming promising. Not what I look for in a game personally, but with Disney behind creative control. . wouldn't hold your breath. You have to remember EA also promised Battlefront 2 would have a "stellar story mode"

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

imo, some of the best gameplay Star Wars has seen comes from Jedi Academy, which was a multiplayer powerhouse that had a loyal following for over a decade, assuming there aren't still people that play it. In the mid 2000s there was CS and there was JA. Given Respawn's pedigree, that's what I was hoping for. Respawn going full single player is a bit like Kojima going full multiplayer - I'm supposed to be excited by that? From the developers that brought you years of CoD campaigns laughed off by single player gamers everywhere?

Thing is, with melee from a western dev you really want a multiplayer component, because it's multiplayer testing that will prevent Elder Scrolls levels of stupidity in your combat engine. That stuff just doesn't make it through a session when there's a human being on the receiving end of the shittiness rather than an AI that can't tell you how dumb that fight was. Older games like JA, newer titles like Mordhau, you're not going to find melee combat as good/deep in an SP only game. And I'm not talking Japanese style melee...different world, different rules apply. Western devs will give you rock em, sock em robots without the crucible of MP testing.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#24 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Is it actually possible EA is learning something?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

Guess I'm in the minority but I think it looks pretty good from what was shown. So long as EA keeps to their promise of it being story only and no micro-transactions, I'm definitely in and most of all, it's being develop by Respawn, so that's a relief. I love the Force Unleashed games and hope it's something similar at the very least.

To be honest, gamers need to stop hating on EA, let the game release first before we jump the shark just because it has EA symbol and most of the times, publishers don't really get involve with game development and since this is Respawn who is handling Jedi Fallen Order, I have faith in them since they did made Titanfall 2 single player so good, I doubt this game will be a disaster.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#26  Edited By neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4402 Posts

So EA drops/cancels their single player driven Star Wars game under Visceral Studios (now closed) and let the lady that did Uncharted leave (or cut her loose).

They also said single player linear games are not as popular and they wanted to shift the "new" Star Wars games from single player to some kind of multiplayer.....

Then 6-12 months later they come out to say the new Star Wars game is a single player game....sounds like a craptastic game because they can't figure out what kind of game they want to make it. Every time the wind blows they change their mind.

Disney came around and made some of the worst Star Wars movies and EA has outright slaughtered the Star Wars games with their shit they've dished out and now EA wants people to be hyped for another game? Track record from EA and Disney with their Star Wars series (movies or games) leaves you to think it'll be a complete piece of garbage.

Maybe I'll be wrong, but I won't hold my breath.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

@Ish_basic said:

imo, some of the best gameplay Star Wars has seen comes from Jedi Academy, which was a multiplayer powerhouse that had a loyal following for over a decade, assuming there aren't still people that play it. In the mid 2000s there was CS and there was JA. Given Respawn's pedigree, that's what I was hoping for. Respawn going full single player is a bit like Kojima going full multiplayer - I'm supposed to be excited by that? From the developers that brought you years of CoD campaigns laughed off by single player gamers everywhere?

Thing is, with melee from a western dev you really want a multiplayer component, because it's multiplayer testing that will prevent Elder Scrolls levels of stupidity in your combat engine. That stuff just doesn't make it through a session when there's a human being on the receiving end of the shittiness rather than an AI that can't tell you how dumb that fight was. Older games like JA, newer titles like Mordhau, you're not going to find melee combat as good/deep in an SP only game. And I'm not talking Japanese style melee...different world, different rules apply. Western devs will give you rock em, sock em robots without the crucible of MP testing.

Respawn did however in fact made a good single player for Titanfall 2. Titanfall 2's single player was really well receive and it happens to be my favorite part in Titanfall 2 so yeah, I expect something good from Respawn on Jedi Fallen Order.

bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#28 bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts

At this point going only off a story based trailer, without any detail or gameplay footage I'm going to be in wait and see mode. I enjoyed the Force Unleashed games, but I can't get on board with that in 2019. May 1st we should get a more in depth look into the game.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@davillain- said:
@Ish_basic said:

Respawn did however in fact made a good single player for Titanfall 2. Titanfall 2's single player was really well receive and it happens to be my favorite part in Titanfall 2 so yeah, I expect something good from Respawn on Jedi Fallen Order.

Couldn't have been that well received if Apex (which started out as Titanfall 3) didn't even get a look for single player. I played the TF2 campaign when it went free for PS+...generic, tutorial for multiplayer, everything I remember of the old CoD campaigns but lacking in the (sometimes over the top)atmosphere that made some of the MW campaigns fun. You like it, that's great, but are you really going to stand it up next to the top end single player experiences out there?

When I first heard this announcement i heard "Jedi Academy" and that's great. Forgettable singleplayer that teaches players basic lightsaber combat; multiplayer that maintains a solid community for years. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a quality Star Wars singleplayer game whether that means RPG, open world, whatever. If Respawn does it, it would represent a huge shift in the away from their past catalog, so I'm not holding my breath.