were can i find old games for cheap???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kingdavid562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 kingdavid562
Member since 2010 • 1173 Posts

i saw another fourm and the guy said he got all theis things at good will...

sometimes i see games for cheap at amazon and ebay but thats only sometimes...

were do they usualy have old games?....

BlinDShoT95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BlinDShoT95
Member since 2009 • 1567 Posts

Most used CD stores where I live sell games -- it's hit and miss -- some games have excellent deals, and well others don't. EB Games also have implemented a 4.99 PS2 bin around where I live which has some solid buys. Lastly, Blockbuster Video typically has some good buget games on sale -- I saw a bunch of good deals, but only bought Gun (GC) for 1.99.

Pretty much if they sell electronics, movies or rent -- then look inside -- that's my advice.

Giancarlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Giancarlo
Member since 2002 • 859 Posts

Good Wills really are a great place to find some obscure stuff and they often have the best prices. But it seems that some around the SF Bay Area have caught onto the trend and have raised prices on some of their games.

0diN_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 0diN_7
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

If you have one around where you live then check out vintage stock. I've gotten a ton of old games there although some can be a little pricey if they are rare and really poular like final fantasy 7 or the lunar series.

kit352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 kit352
Member since 2008 • 592 Posts
ive had good luck at goodwill and some pawn shops. craiglist is your best bet though. people usually sell large old collections for relatively cheap, the only problem is you gotta come up with a larger chunk of money up front. ive got nice scores on cl.
bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

i have specialty stores and game stores that sell any console game near by.

Fragasnap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Fragasnap
Member since 2005 • 253 Posts
If you're really desperate you can try flea markets. They frequently will have a family or two selling games and they either have no idea that what they're selling isn't worth $5, much less the $30 they're asking for it, or they have no idea that what they're selling is worth $40+ and buying it for $5 is ripping them off. I got a copy of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for $1 from a flea market.
PersonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PersonNinja
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts
I got a copy of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for $1 from a flea market.Fragasnap
>O Holy crap! I'd buy it then buy the guy lunch.
psufootball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 psufootball
Member since 2009 • 151 Posts
Usually if you can find a gaming store (not a chain one like GameStop or GameCrazy) but just one at like a mall or something, they will have old games at low prices. That's what I do anyway, there's some shop at a nearby mall, 'Gameworld' or 'Gameportal' or something like that. They have all kinds of old SNES and N64 stuff.
ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#10 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

Flea market, thrift stores. The local thrift store I go to had Panzer Dragoon and a couple other Saturn games running at $5, but I neglected to buy it X(

cronomagus36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 cronomagus36
Member since 2009 • 12663 Posts

Goodwill is a great place to look, and Half-Price Books has an electronics area (at least at the one that I go to) with tons of old used games. They're more pricey at Half-Price Books (oh, sweet irony), but they do have a good seleciton based on what I've seen.