Do you get pissed off when you get sugar added to things you don't expect?

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 720 Posts

I work for a chocolate makers, so i am often surrounded by sweets. Because they are so accessible, its not unfrequent that i will eat sweets when i am stressed.

To compensate for that, i am very strict in no consuming sugar during my daily life. The times i do it, i count it so i keep track of it and i try to get things that would usually not have sugar or that i can ask for the sugar to be removed.

Usually, that works fine for my day to day life l, but when i travel for work, everything seems to go to shit.

I will get green tea, coffee and the cup will have sugar even though I asked them not to put it, sometimes even supposedly always savoury things like pizza or hamburger will have sugar. I live in Asia so, it won't be Uncommon for business dinners to include even a majority of sweet dishes. Sometimes it makes me feel like society is conspiring to rob me of my capacity to choose what to eat.

Just today i got a matcha tea, i specifically asked for no sugar. I got it as i was getting in to the plane. I got so pissed off when i tasted it that i threw it to the trash.

Anyway, consider this post my form of catharsis and share if you experience the same things.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34770 Posts

I think most places you buy matcha at has this matcha/sugar mix, about 50/50. So they were probably like "sure, we wont add any extra sugar to it".

Only suggestion I have for people who are picky with their sugar intake is to not buy things out. They put sugar in everything. You talk about pizza and hamburgers as well, and yeah dude. They're full of sugar.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nirgal

@Litchie: I get you. And its Easy to do it at home, but when you travel, it's almost impossible.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178873 Posts

@Litchie said:

I think most places you buy matcha at has this matcha/sugar mix, about 50/50. So they were probably like "sure, we wont add any extra sugar to it".

Only suggestion I have for people who are picky with their sugar intake is to not buy things out. They put sugar in everything. You talk about pizza and hamburgers as well, and yeah dude. They're full of sugar.

Or drink water.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nirgal

@LJS9502_basic: i generally go for that, but i want the caffeine for productivity. I have noticed that i can drink much more tea than coffee because abusing coffee affects my sleep.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178873 Posts

@nirgal said:

@LJS9502_basic: i generally go for that, but i want the caffeine for productivity. I have noticed that i can drink much more tea than coffee because abusing coffee affects my sleep.

Try unsweetened ice tea.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

I would be if I had those situations. I don't really buy anything that has a option of asking for no sugar. I make my own teas and either add no or little sugar and I never drink coffee. In general I also don't like to eat too many sweets anymore. For whatever reason at maybe 23 years old I stopped eating sweets. Something like a small cinnamon roll would be enough sugar for me for a whole day or 2 if I would even eat it. I started to prefer sweets that fruits give. So yeah if I had those situations I would get ticked off.