Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2525 Posts

When I was growing up, I thought I did. She had smouldering, catlike eyes, prominent cheekbones and dark hair, just like the women on the posters on my walls and in the crusty magazines under my teenage bed.

As I grew up and started dating actual, real women, though, I slowly began to realise I'd been mistaken. Turns out I was into all different kinds - blonde, brunette, redhead, light-skinned, dark-skinned, slim and petite, curvy and powerfully built, tall, short, fiery personalities, icy, outgoing, shy, domineering, passive - I pretty much like them all... which is damned fortunate, since the world's full of all types of women. :D

So my question to you, OT, if it isn't too awkward, is do you have a type you go for, and, more importantly, how similar is she/he in appearance to your mother (or father) around the time you were two years old?

Hmm?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34770 Posts

Many different things can make me like someone, so I think it's easier to just say I don't have a type. A good personality with a good looking face is what I'm going for, I guess. I'm also not a racist, so there's a lot to choose from.

@sancho_panzer said:

and, more importantly, how similar is she/he in appearance to your mother (or father) around the time you were two years old?

lol, why is that more important? My gf is not similar to my mother when I was two. Not at all, actually. They share ethnicity and have blue eyes. That's about it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58502 Posts

Simply put? I want a partner that isn't an asshole. Bonus points if they are: smart, kind, and have a good sense of humor.

If you're asking me what my physical attraction is, unashamedly Asians. But that is not in my criterion when dating, just when I look at naked ladies.

Honestly I've never given this question much thought, but I've been losing a lot of weight recently and will hopefully start dating soon once I get me confidence back and feel better with my body. I suppose it's good to know what I want moving forward. I'm pretty much open to anything at this point.

@Litchie said:

Many different things can make me like someone, so I think it's easier to just say I don't have a type. A good personality with a good looking face is what I'm going for, I guess. I'm also not a racist, so there's a lot to choose from.

@sancho_panzer said:

and, more importantly, how similar is she/he in appearance to your mother (or father) around the time you were two years old?

lol, why is that more important? My gf is not similar to my mother when I was two. Not at all, actually. They share ethnicity and have blue eyes. That's about it.

I think it's a Freud thing.

Everyone likes to be edgy and say "Oh Freud says we like to **** our moms and sisters" but what he was really saying is that the female members of our family sort of set our ideals for what a woman is, and we base our standards off of that.

Case in point: I like strong, independent women, smart women, and women with a sense of humor. As it so happens, my sister is incredibly smart and independent, my mom went back to school when I was a kid and got her masters, and they are both ready with a pun, and good laugh, and willing to give any joke some appreciation.

Doesn't mean I want to **** my mom or sister.

Cousin? Mayb---I mean; no way.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3496 Posts

Nowadays, my type is she has to have a good personality, funny, kind, Asian (I'm Asian myself), slim or slightly curvy, easygoing, good-looking, ideally 5'5" or above in height (if you are 5'3" or under, it's a no from me).

I never think about my mother's looks when I think about my ideal type... that's so wrong and messed up. The only thing that comes to mind is probably height... because my mum is 5'6".

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59317 Posts

(must like Star Trek)

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts

I like all sorts of women, but have two types that really work for me. Cute little nerds with glasses, and tall, imposing brick houses.

My wife is a brickhouse nerd, looks nothing like my mom.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1268 Posts

Edit: I went on a tangent below, so I'll answer the actual question. I prefer to have a woman who is sexually attractive, as that's how it has to start is physical attraction, then comes the personality. Then she must also have similar convictions, beliefs, values, etc. Marrying or dating someone who is the opposite of what you hold dearly is not a wise decision to make.

Outward beauty is something that I don't seek. I'm not saying that the woman I'm attracted to aren't sexually attractive, but I'm saying from my own experience that the "gorgeous" woman men mostly gravitate towards, the very ones who are attempting to look seductive, aren't the best kind of people. Show me your beauty without exposing your breast, revealing your thighs, revealing your butt cheeks, etc. That ain't beauty, that's lust and seduction. Both parties are at fault with this though, both the man and the woman; him for lusting, her for trying to seduce. What other motivation could one have other than seduction, unless it's a lack of self-respect? Surely there are more variables but these ones stick out to me the most. Your beauty ain't going to last.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8785 Posts

@judaspete: I too like nerdy girls. Have had a bad experience with a red heads. Blondes and brunettes can be pretty hot. The hot ones, I mean. Idk I guess I discriminate by hair color.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Throughout the years, I've discovered that I do.

In terms of physical appearance, I'm a sucker for curly haired women. Specifically women of Hispanic decent with an olive complexion. Ethnicity doesn't matter per say either.

Personality wise, ideally...I find someone who is kind to be attractive. Maybe almost a nurturing kind of quality to their temperament too.

Other than that, I have always had a thing for Asian women.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17692 Posts

Intelligence is an absolute must, and is incredibly attractive all on its own. Kindness, empathy and compassion is beneficial and will quickly catch my attention.

I tend to like wahines. Local chicks. Growing up in Hawaii, I gravitate towards dark skin; it was held up as the ideal. Hawaiian, Philippino, Japanese, Samoan, etc.

Though I’m open to all.

Rewgle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rewgle
Member since 2022 • 414 Posts

I like women who are short. I'm a short guy, I have nothing against taller women but it would be cool to meet women who are shorter than me and are interested.

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts

I don't have a "type," but I have standards for what I looked for. As men, we naturally like many types of women. No shame in that. Likewise, women have hypergamy and will consider other options if she can find a more alpha, stronger, better looking man who makes more money. That's why we need a moral compass and a moral system (such as religion) to keep us committed and not breaking one another's hearts. No woman should ever be upset that her man finds other women attractive, just as a man should never be upset that his woman's nature is to consider if she has a better option. It's nature, but we don't have to let it dictate our lives.

Now, the thing about allowing no-fault divorce is that a lot of women will follow their nature and get that divorce for greener pastures in their eyes. Women file for divorce for about 80% of the time after all. That's why you don't want a feminist-nazi type. Go for one as traditional and as feminine as possible. Find a virgin like I did if possible. They'll likely be of religious conservative circles if they're gonna be virgins. If you're not religious or conservative, I feel sorry for the selection of women you have. Get religion, get God, get a good girl. Otherwise, you play the dating and commitment game at your own risk.

I have a white, attractive, thin, traditionally minded brunette as my wife, but I also find black women attractive, middle eastern women, hispanic women, tall, short, curvy, thin, etc.

However, I have never found FAT women attractive. They're not. If a man has a preference for fat women, he probably has a mental illness or suffered some sort of psychological trauma. Imagine rewarding a woman with your attention who is a slob and does not take care of herself at all. What does she bring to the table? Attraction was my number one quality when looking for a girl. Then, she had to be feminine and traditional in her mindset. If she wasn't feminine and traditional, she was not for me, despite her good looks. A staunch feminist woman is basically a man in my eyes.

@mrbojangles25

I don't say this to be contentious, but when I hear men say they want a "strong" and "independent" woman, I get worried that they will find a woman who will dominate and disrespect them and leave them high and dry in a divorce. If a woman is "strong" and "independent," what does she need with you, a man? How does this fit in with what we know about male and female biology and what men and women find attractive? It's just food for thought.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23726 Posts

Nah, not physically at least. I might have a type for a while, but really just love variety.

Only real consistency is be chill. Don't care if it's relationship, fwb, hookup, just don't want crazy/drama. And for the latter two, gotta understand the situation is just that, don't get clingy.

Obviously a bit more picky when it comes to relationship material, but it's not exactly a checklist either.

Riotmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Riotmaker
Member since 2023 • 9 Posts

I like all women, tall women, and small women.

- some riotmaker, probably

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#16 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16041 Posts

I like curvy girls; girls with big boobs and big butts. It's not a must, though. There are plenty of pretty girls that aren't curvy, like Cristina Scabbia, Hayley Williams, Ariana Grande and Jessie J. I honestly don't know why I prefer curves, it just turns me on, for whatever reason. I'm not exclusively talking about a sexual attraction though -- it's just a matter of appreciating beauty. According to my understanding, us guys are typically drawn to girls/guys that look good.