wuwu5431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 wuwu5431
Member since 2023 • 2 Posts

But I don't really need it. But I still wan't to buy it. But i still don't really need it. and so on...

So i'm almost 40 and I have played pretty much everything already. If i buy it I would play some gta5, some sort of battle royale game and ... emhmm... i don't really know what else. Maybe I find something else maybe I don't. I still wan't to buy a pc and it was fun building it. And I still don't really need it. And I still want it.

I didn't rush it and bought but it's been months I keep pondering about it.

Been there done that ? Any advice ?

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1138 Posts

I suggest building a PC for a friend, and test it out for a day to get all the annoying Windows nags and updates and pop-ups out of the way, while trying out some games to do stress testing.

If you enjoy the experience and want more, then do the same for yourself.

Otherwise my advice is to find something you are more enthusiastic about, because it sounds like you lack drive for this endeavor and enjoy nostalgic ideas about the experience more than the reality.

You can always get a Steam Deck and play PC Building Simulator to scratch the itch, and meanwhile you also have a hassle-free and streamlined gaming experience.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

Build your own PC.

The only time you should buy a pre-made one is if you're getting a laptop, and that's only because you can't really make your own.

Or if you want *gags* a Mac.

With that said, there are some good manufacturers out there with reasonable prices. I don't know what they are these days but I know most people don't build their own desktops. There are affordable and good Dells and Alienware (same company), and I think Asus makes some good laptops?

@girlusocrazy said:

I suggest building a PC for a friend...

I also suggest this.

I'd also add: have a clear idea of what you want. There are many options:

• Size: cool little box with a lot of power? Maybe a sleeper mid-tower with no frills? Or a larger form case with lots of room for expansion?
  • Budget: limiting your expenses can be a fun challenge. Or perhaps you want to spend a lot! That's also great. Or mid-range build.
  • Do you want lots of RGB lighting? Clear glass case? Or something subtle.
  • Research your manufacturers (Intel, AMD, Nvidia) and brands (EVGA, Gigabyte, Asus, etc). There are many good options but just remember that you're not just buying hardware, you're also buying their warranties and their support structure (i.e. return policy, customer support, etc).

Go to PC Part Picker; it's fun to play around there, mix and match, and see other builds. People are always submitting various builds on there and there's lots of feedback and stuff.

rahulshana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 rahulshana
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

I think it's better to build your own PC, I highly recommend that.

kroger express hr

adrian1480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By adrian1480
Member since 2003 • 15033 Posts

Do it. It's never too late to buy your first PC.

Until you do, do yourself a minimum favor: install EGS and save whatever free games they are offering to your account. Give yourself some good starter material for nothing.

Really, everyone should have been doing that for years now, even if a PC wasn't in their short or mid-range plans.