You brahs open carry/conceal carry weapons?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
I got a night class and I wont be getting hone until midnite by bus. Might be a good idea to get some pepper spray/ a knife. You bros strapped?
Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

No, I'm comfortable with both society and the size of my penis

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
man if you do pepper spray someone or pull out a knife you might just get killed instead of robbed.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Open carriers are asking for trouble in my opinion. If you're going to carry, it should be concealed. Element of surprise is far greater than the intimidation factor of a holstered weapon.

Pepper spray isn't a great personal defense weapon either. If you have the option and want personal protection, a concealed pistol is your best option. 

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Capitan_Kid

Makhaidos
What does self defense have to do with your penis
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
I like the concept of conceal carry, wise to have the element of surprise.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

No I live in a safe area and I'm not paranoid. Open carry is for jackasses anyway.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Capitan_Kid

Open carriers are asking for trouble in my opinion. If you're going to carry, it should be concealed. Element of surprise is far greater than the intimidation factor of a holstered weapon.

Pepper spray isn't a great personal defense weapon either. If you have the option and want personal protection, a concealed pistol is your best option. 

Wasdie
But I dont wanna kill them! Just run! Also I heard knifes had to be open carry. You think a robber is gonna go for the guy whos got a knife on him?
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 The_Lipscomb
Member since 2013 • 2603 Posts
[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Capitan_Kid
But I dont wanna kill them! Just run! Also I heard knifes had to be open carry. You think a robber is gonna go for the guy whos got a knife on him?

If they have a gun.. Then yes.
nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

Nah, I honestly feel safer without having a loaded weapon on me. Maybe if I was forced to work or live in a really dangerous and crime filled area I would.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wasdie  Moderator

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Capitan_Kid

Yes. You'll just be stabbed/beaten/shot before you even have a chance to react. You have no surprise and they know how to disarm you before you even know they are planning to rob you. That's why open carry is stupid. You make everybody around you uncomfortable and it's really easy to disarm somebody who is open carrying. Just don't do it. 

If you don't want to kill them then you should learn some personal defense fighting of some sort but I have to warn you, those aren't really effective, especially if the robber is armed.

You have a very limited selection of options when you're being robbed. You either let them take what they want or you shoot to incapacitate them. The middle ground with the other personal defense weapons like pepper spray or a taser leave too much room for the situation to escalate instead of ending it.

Unless you feel threatened during any part of your day, then you shouldn't really bother carrying at all.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Master_Live
[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Capitan_Kid
But I dont wanna kill them! Just run!

Shoot them on the foot.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I don't carry a firearm. I'm not a fan of guns, through I have little issue with others carrying them concealed. I agree that open carry is pretty stupid. I've only seen that once, and it was in PA when on vacation. 

Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts
[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Master_Live

Shoot them on the foot.

Have fun getting arrested.
Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts
[QUOTE="Makhaidos"]

Capitan_Kid
What does self defense have to do with your penis

What does open carry have to do with self defense?
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Wasdie  Moderator

Master_Live

Shoot them on the foot.

No. It's always better to shoot to completely incapacitate them. This means center-of-mass shots. A single 9mm into the chest of somebody will stop them right there. Odds are they'll live too. If they get to the hospital within like 45 minutes, they have a 90% or greater chance of living. Don't ever just wound somebody that only gives room to escalate the situation more.

This is part of the reason I don't bother to carry. First I live in a really safe place and second your only real option is to shoot to kill. If there was a better alternative people wouldn't bother with guns in the first place.

iHarlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 iHarlequin
Member since 2011 • 1928 Posts

If I add up the cost of my watch, cellphone and the usual fifty - one hundred dollars in my wallet, I walk with around 1.1k in value. I'd rather be robbed than risk getting shot at/shanked for trying to react, TBH.

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Lipscomb
Member since 2013 • 2603 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_Live"][QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"] But I dont wanna kill them! Just run! Wasdie

Shoot them on the foot.

No. It's always better to shoot to completely incapacitate them. This means center-of-mass shots. A single 9mm into the chest of somebody will stop them right there. Odds are they'll live too. If they get to the hospital within like 45 minutes, they have a 90% or greater chance of living. Don't ever just wound somebody that only gives room to escalate the situation more.

This is part of the reason I don't bother to carry. First I live in a really safe place and second your only real option is to shoot to kill. If there was a better alternative people wouldn't bother with guns in the first place.

This is why if you're going to use the gun.. Make sure your life is seriously on the line.. because you have to aim to kill when defending yourself.
iHarlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 iHarlequin

[QUOTE="Master_Live"][QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"] But I dont wanna kill them! Just run! Wasdie

Shoot them on the foot.

Absolutely true. It's like the misconception some people have that police officers shoot to disarm or something of the type -- there isn't such a thing. You shoot to kill or you don't (unless you're shooting someone who's fleeing from you, but that's not the case), and the chest has the best chance/damage ratio.

Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="Master_Live"] Shoot them on the foot. iHarlequin

Absolutely true. It's like the misconception some people have that police officers shoot to disarm or something of the type -- there isn't such a thing. You shoot to kill or you don't (unless you're shooting someone who's fleeing from you, but that's not the case), and the chest has the best chance/damage ratio.

They shoot to stop the threat. They shoot at the chest because its the biggest target.
iHarlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 iHarlequin

[QUOTE="iHarlequin"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Person0

They shoot to stop the threat. They shoot at the chest because its the biggest target.

Aye, that's precisely what I meant by "chance/damage ratio" :P.

funkadelichika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 funkadelichika
Member since 2006 • 8904 Posts
I don't carry anything normally though considering how my area has been lately I probably should consider it. There's been a few targeted gang hits a block or two away,retaliation,drive byes, and a drug house on a corner I pass all the time but generally they don't bug you if you have no business with them so I haven't carried anything yet. I'm more likely to get hit by a stray bullet on a drive by in this area lately then directly approached and harmed by anyone anyways. At least it feels like that.
Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

it depends on if im wearin my high tops or low tops.. seriously though, most of the time concealed but its funny sometimes to open carry and see peoples reactions

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Master_Live

Hey!! Let me have my fantasy in which I'm such a good shooter I can just shoot people at their feet :P

Mrod1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 Mrod1212
Member since 2009 • 1165 Posts

Nope. In all my years living here, I've never had anything happened to me that has prompted me to carry any sort of weapon.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

No, I live on a college campus, thank Christ.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Capitan_Kid

Wasdie

Yes. You'll just be stabbed/beaten/shot before you even have a chance to react. You have no surprise and they know how to disarm you before you even know they are planning to rob you. That's why open carry is stupid. You make everybody around you uncomfortable and it's really easy to disarm somebody who is open carrying. Just don't do it. 

If you don't want to kill them then you should learn some personal defense fighting of some sort but I have to warn you, those aren't really effective, especially if the robber is armed.

You have a very limited selection of options when you're being robbed. You either let them take what they want or you shoot to incapacitate them. The middle ground with the other personal defense weapons like pepper spray or a taser leave too much room for the situation to escalate instead of ending it.

Unless you feel threatened during any part of your day, then you shouldn't really bother carrying at all.

Firstly, I feel you are vastly overrestimating the skills and courage of your average thief. They're not gonna go for a target that's obviously armed and they are not always knowledgable in disabling someone carrying. Open carry is a sign to scumbags saying back the fvck off. It lets them know not to mess with em and I THINK the law states you have to open carry a knife. Pepper spray is just something I would carry on campus and learning self defense arts can be very effective if you take years and years of practice.

iHarlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 iHarlequin

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"] But I dont wanna kill them! Just run! Also I heard knifes had to be open carry. You think a robber is gonna go for the guy whos got a knife on him?Capitan_Kid

Firstly, I feel you are vastly overrestimating the skills and courage of your average thief. They're not gonna go for a target that's obviously armed and they are not always knowledgable in disabling someone carrying. Open carry is a sign to scumbags saying back the fvck off. It lets them know not to mess with em and I THINK the law states you have to open carry a knife. Pepper spray is just something I would carry on campus and learning self defense arts can be very effective if you take years and years of practice.

It certainly doesn't motivate the thief even more to try and mug you :P. The truth is that, unless I or someone with me was under the threat of serious physical harm, I would prefer to give them my belongings and money than risk getting injured or worse for just a couple of personal items and some cash.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Wasdie  Moderator

Capitan_Kid

That's your downfall. You're overconfident and already underestimating people.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Capitan_Kid

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"]

Wasdie

That's your downfall. You're overconfident and already underestimating people.

Not overconfident. Just seems more realistic to me that a scumbag will go for someone who clearly isnt packing than someone that is. Why bother putting themselves in that danger when they can go for the weak and defenseless?

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts
I enjoy the challenge of trying to find a weapon. Rock, stick, metal pipe. Fists if i have to.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#35 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
People that call others brahs/bros should fail the test.
GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

Yes I carry the secret agent tactical ninja sword because of my job as a professional secret agent tactical ninja.  It allows me to have one weapon to do both of my jobs: one being a secret agent, and the other being a tactical ninja.

Sent from my secret agent tactical ninja decoder ring.

Self-Defense-Weapon-Review-of-the-Secret

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Wasdie  Moderator

Not overconfident. Just seems more realistic to me that a scumbag will go for someone who clearly isnt packing than someone that is. Why bother putting themselves in that danger when they can go for the weak and defenseless?

Capitan_Kid

Somebody open carrying a gun already has more things of value than a person not. You're showing them something of value and saught after.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

Yes I carry the secret agent tactical ninja sword because of my job as a professional secret agent tactical ninja.  It allows me to have one weapon to do both of my jobs: one being a secret agent, and the other being a tactical ninja.

Sent from my secret agent tactical ninja decoder ring.

Self-Defense-Weapon-Review-of-the-Secret

GOGOGOGURT
Not so secret, now that you've shown it to us.