Silver PSP Slim Owners, Ease My Mind

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PenguinGod19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 PenguinGod19
Member since 2004 • 1895 Posts

I just picked up the Daxter and Silver Slim PSP bundle, and I needed some quick information before I opened it up and lost my chance to return it. I waited to pick up a PSP because of the chance for Video Output, the Slim is supposed to have this yet while reading the box there was no mention of it. The Gamestop guy told me that the rep from sony told him it was there but without it on the box I am paranoid. If it is available and I need to pick up some extra cords or something that's fine, just help ease my mind on my recent purchase...cause I can't wait to play some Monster Hunter!!!

B-bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#2 B-bad
Member since 2002 • 5705 Posts
yeah the tv out is a feature of the new psp but you need to but the cables for it, so if you got the daxter bundle (silver psp 2000) then you can play movie or games on you're tv if you are using the component cables if you get the rca cables then you can only watch movies but cant play games using the tv out feature. the cables are said to be selling for $20 ...... they really should of been included in the box maybe this is why the feature isn't mention on the box.
metro2692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 metro2692
Member since 2007 • 169 Posts

I just picked up the Daxter and Silver Slim PSP bundle, and I needed some quick information before I opened it up and lost my chance to return it. I waited to pick up a PSP because of the chance for Video Output, the Slim is supposed to have this yet while reading the box there was no mention of it. The Gamestop guy told me that the rep from sony told him it was there but without it on the box I am paranoid. If it is available and I need to pick up some extra cords or something that's fine, just help ease my mind on my recent purchase...cause I can't wait to play some Monster Hunter!!!

PenguinGod19

where are everybody getting there psp's from :evil: but na, back 2 your question, it dosen't come with the video output cords. in fact, sony's not sure when its coming out, no date confirmed. srry

joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
video output cables are sold separately. Make sure u buy component cable if u want to play games on your TV. And also Make sure your TV has componet port aswell.
mtburdell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mtburdell
Member since 2007 • 998 Posts
Yes it's mentioned in the instruction manuel the video out feature. Does anyone know what the deal is with the component connection though? i mean usually component cables are the 3 colors for the video and then the 2 for the audio but it looks like the Sony one's are just 3 cables so how does that work with the usual 5 total cables in the component in on your tv? I guess we'll find out soon enough anyway.
Avatar image for sicklizardman86
sicklizardman86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sicklizardman86
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
How did you get the silver PSP at a Gamestop when they arent supposed to be released til monday?
Alex8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 Alex8
Member since 2005 • 22553 Posts

Those cable are sold separately, so just get them.

B-bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 B-bad
How did you get the silver PSP at a Gamestop when they arent supposed to be released til monday?sicklizardman86
store that have them now can sell them since Sony changed the release date from sept 10 to sept 5
Avatar image for sicklizardman86
sicklizardman86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sicklizardman86
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Cool thanks, im gonna go hunt one down!!!
Takeshi-GS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Takeshi-GS
Member since 2006 • 116 Posts
Another thing you should know is that when you output games on the PSP Slim, it doesn't fill up the whole screen. It seems like it just outputs at the native resolution of the PSP. This means it will be framed by a big phat black area within your TV screen. We found this out when we had it on OTS on the 8/30/07 show (skip forward to 9:56ish to see what it looks like). As Jeff said on that show, this is "unfortunate". Movies on the other hand, do scale up to a full 480p on component cables.
mazdaspeed-rx8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mazdaspeed-rx8
Member since 2007 • 1000 Posts
[QUOTE="PenguinGod19"]

metro2692

where are everybody getting there psp's from :evil: but na, back 2 your question, it dosen't come with the video output cords. in fact, sony's not sure when its coming out, no date confirmed. srry

I got mine from bestbuy here in texas. but i also seen target having them also in their store to be sold. and that was saturday.
4dry4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 4dry4n
Member since 2007 • 1411 Posts

Another thing you should know is that when you output games on the PSP Slim, it doesn't fill up the whole screen. It seems like it just outputs at the native resolution of the PSP. This means it will be framed by a big phat black area within your TV screen. We found this out when we had it on OTS on the 8/30/07 show (skip forward to 9:56ish to see what it looks like). As Jeff said on that show, this is "unfortunate". Movies on the other hand, do scale up to a full 480p on component cables.Takeshi-GS

You gotta be kidding psp resolution not blowing up to fill the tv screen for games, it will be useless if it's true.

B-bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 B-bad

[QUOTE="Takeshi-GS"]Another thing you should know is that when you output games on the PSP Slim, it doesn't fill up the whole screen. It seems like it just outputs at the native resolution of the PSP. This means it will be framed by a big phat black area within your TV screen. We found this out when we had it on OTS on the 8/30/07 show (skip forward to 9:56ish to see what it looks like). As Jeff said on that show, this is "unfortunate". Movies on the other hand, do scale up to a full 480p on component cables.4dry4n

You gotta be kidding psp resolution not blowing up to fill the tv screen for games, it will be useless if it's true.

it's true Umd movies are 480p (720x480), while games are only 480x272 psp screen resolution. The PSP doesnt up convert video content so whatever it was that what it's going to display. Oh well I can live with it.
4dry4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 4dry4n
Member since 2007 • 1411 Posts
[QUOTE="4dry4n"]

[QUOTE="Takeshi-GS"]Another thing you should know is that when you output games on the PSP Slim, it doesn't fill up the whole screen. It seems like it just outputs at the native resolution of the PSP. This means it will be framed by a big phat black area within your TV screen. We found this out when we had it on OTS on the 8/30/07 show (skip forward to 9:56ish to see what it looks like). As Jeff said on that show, this is "unfortunate". Movies on the other hand, do scale up to a full 480p on component cables.B-bad

it's true Umd movies are 480p (720x480), while games are only 480x272 psp screen resolution. The PSP doesnt up convert video content so whatever it was that what it's going to display. Oh well I can live with it.

Oh yeah!!! this is pointless what's the point in buying this slim line if it doesn't do what it's supposed to do (play the PSP on tv @ full screen resolution) As far as UMD movie goes nobody will buy it unless the price is $5 or lower & a DVD player will do the job of playing movies a 100% better. I was supposed to get the MHF or FF slim PSP but after hearing this i'll stick with the fat CFW PSP.
B-bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 B-bad
I know it kind of sucks :( ^ that games aren't going to full the screen, but do you really want the games to look stretched or pixelated just to fill the screen of you're tv .... Anyway being able to play psp games on a big screen is a plus. who know maybe they can update the slim to display games at full screen with great quality in the future that's what firmware updates are for.
Rehype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rehype
Member since 2003 • 81 Posts
I just picked mine up from target. Im from NJ by the way
Rehype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Rehype
Member since 2003 • 81 Posts

Those cable are sold separately, so just get them.

Alex8

Where did everyone get their cables from?

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#18 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Cables are sold seperatly. Even when you play the PSP game on the TV, it wouldn't matter to me if it didn't blow up or not. Playing with friends is always fun, seeing how my friend like to watch me play video games for some odd reason, jsut another reason for me to buy it. Does anyone know where, or when i can buy this cabels at?
ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts
Yes it's mentioned in the instruction manuel the video out feature. Does anyone know what the deal is with the component connection though? i mean usually component cables are the 3 colors for the video and then the 2 for the audio but it looks like the Sony one's are just 3 cables so how does that work with the usual 5 total cables in the component in on your tv? I guess we'll find out soon enough anyway.mtburdell
what are u talking about the component cables for the PSP have 5 outputs 3 for video and 2 for audio, did you even bother to click on the link that the 2nd poster provided, as u can see that the PSP component cables have 5 outputs