Have you played Freelancer? If not then do it.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Freelancer is easily one of the most overlooked games of all time. It's easy to get into, has a huge galaxy and a lot of surprises. While story isn't something revolutionary, it's enjoyable because stakes are always high and presentation is solid. There are so many side quests and hidden areas to explore. Atmosphere is dark and soundtracks are amazing. Gameplay is arcady and fast paced. Anyone can pick it up and play it. The game looked beautiful and yet ran on lower end machines when it came out... Now even a potato can run it on max settings. And character animations still look surprisingly good.

So, Have you played this game? What are your thoughts?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56411 Posts

WOW. That was really awesome. To tell the truth, I never heard of Freelancer until now. I'll look into it.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@davillain- said:

WOW. That was really awesome. To tell the truth, I never heard of Freelancer until now. I'll look into it.

I am not surprised. It's one of the most overlooked masterpieces ever made! You won't regret it. You have my word.

EDIT:

BTW it's made by same people, who are making Star Citizen.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#4 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

Nope, I'm interested in though and have been for a while. I wish it would get a GOG release, would be better than trying to get the disc to run on my computer. (it is cheap though so I might try eventually, it's not that much of a risk)

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cloud_imperium

@Eikichi-Onizuka said:

Nope, I'm interested in though and have been for a while. I wish it would get a GOG release, would be better than trying to get the disc to run on my computer. (it is cheap though so I might try eventually, it's not that much of a risk)

Microsoft is not allowing them to put the game on GOG sadly. 3 years ago CD Projekt said that they are in talks with M$ but no luck so far. May be after Witcher 3, they'll allow them to put Freelancer on GOG.