sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15934 Posts

JRPG genre and Asia based devs in general having a great year so far. I love 2024 more than last year, so many games to play on PS5 (and PC)! Many of the games posted great critical and commercial receptions and I am having a wonderful backlog of great games. Some highlights of the year so far includes Yakuza 8, Unicorn Overlord, Dragons Dogma 2, Persona 3 Reload, Granblue Fantasy Relink, Rise of Ronin and frontrunner for GoTY Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth! What you guys and gals think of gaming releases so far in 2024?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45201 Posts

Indeed, and we’re not even half way through the year. Metaphor Refantazio and Elden Ring DLC on the way! Btw, FF7 Rebirth is incredible, almost 150 hours now lol.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56172 Posts

Its been yet another great year for gaming in 2024, but we've still got a long ways to go. And hopefully the most anticipated game Black Myth: Wukong will push it more so making 2024 the best year for major new IP games.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4236 Posts

And everything was alright.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sakaiXx

@SolidGame_basic: aiming for the Platinum Trophy?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sakaiXx

@davillain: I am not following wukong developments I thought game already released since news been really scarce lmao. I used to try to play all the soulsborne clone titles but havent been as interested in it recently.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45201 Posts

@sakaixx: not sure, just loving the game and not wanting to leave the world lol. Think I’m 78% with trophies and will be getting another trophy after I beat this last musclehead colosseum battle.

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 736 Posts

Don't forget Eiyuden Chronicle. That game just released to good reviews and is a fantastic game from the makers of Suikoden.

I never played Persona 3 back in the day and am thinking about picking it up later in the year. Unicorn Overlord too.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#9 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19580 Posts

As expected from Japanese devs, but the real surprise is Korean and Chinese devs.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56172 Posts

@sakaixx said:

@davillain: I am not following wukong developments I thought game already released since news been really scarce lmao. I used to try to play all the soulsborne clone titles but havent been as interested in it recently.

It releases this August 19th, 2024 but frankly, I don't think people are talking enough about it which is bizarre to me. I'm excited but also a little skeptical about how much more the game can be outside of its presentation and if it's going to set itself apart from its direct competition. With all the Feudal Japan IPs that have been published in the last 5 years, having something Chinese-inspired is a nice change of pace, and those enemy designs are also top-tier from what we've seen so far.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sakaiXx

@davillain said:
@sakaixx said:

It releases this August 19th, 2024 but frankly, I don't think people are talking enough about it which is bizarre to me. I'm excited but also a little skeptical about how much more the game can be outside of its presentation and if it's going to set itself apart from its direct competition. With all the Feudal Japan IPs that have been published in the last 5 years, having something Chinese-inspired is a nice change of pace, and those enemy designs are also top-tier from what we've seen so far.

Lots of love from the Nvidia showcase but the hyped quiet down due to too long passed and since that showcase chinese themed games have been making waves like Naraka and Wu Long game by team ninja. Hope it find critical success as well as its yet another souls game I will eventually get around to play lol.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sakaiXx

@Jag85 said:

As expected from Japanese devs, but the real surprise is Korean and Chinese devs.

China/Taiwan/Hong Kong based devs is making great progress into the AAA space. I played a chinese action rpg called sword & fairy on PS5 and the storyline and ost is exceptional. Gameplay could be a lot better but story definitely makes up for it, really recommends it if you want a solid action game.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sakaiXx
@Jendeh said:

Don't forget Eiyuden Chronicle. That game just released to good reviews and is a fantastic game from the makers of Suikoden.

Definitely. I backed the game years ago and seems its the classic suikoden experience that fans wanted. I do wish they rework the random encounter, make it adjustable like in bravely default. Bit outdated tbh.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5261 Posts

So many good news for Asia-based developers, and this year has yet to end. In fact, it is not yet June.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46420 Posts

Can Asian devs start making some immersive sims please? I'm dying over here.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5261 Posts
@Jendeh said:

It is such a shame that the creator of Eiyuden Chronicle died months before the game's release. At least the series will continue on without him.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#17 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19580 Posts
@sakaixx said:
@Jag85 said:

China/Taiwan/Hong Kong based devs is making great progress into the AAA space. I played a chinese action rpg called sword & fairy on PS5 and the storyline and ost is exceptional. Gameplay could be a lot better but story definitely makes up for it, really recommends it if you want a solid action game.

Reminds me of the rise of Eastern European devs a decade ago. Now we're seeing the rise of Korean and Chinese devs.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34647 Posts
@sakaixx said:

What you guys and gals think of gaming releases so far in 2024?

Helldivers 2 is cool. Other than that I've only been playing stuff released earlier. Might play Dragon's Dogma 2 sometime.

Zero interest in Stellar Boobs.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 757 Posts

The game from Asia that I look forward to the most is still Black Myth: Wukong