AIAS Awards Winners (Gears Cleans up)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
The Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences award winners are in. For the uninspired, the AIAS is to Video Games what the Oscars are to Movies. # Overall Game of the Year - Gears of War (Epic Games/Microsoft Game Studios) # Console Game of the Year - Gears of War (Epic Games/Microsoft Game Studios) # Computer Game of the Year - Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Bethesda Softworks/2K Games) # Outstanding Innovation in Gaming - Wii Sports (Nintendo/Nintendo) # Handheld Game of the Year - Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day (Nintendo/Nintendo) # Outstanding Achievement in Animation - Gears of War (Epic Games/Microsoft Game Studios) # Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction - Gears of War (Epic Games/Microsoft Game Studios) # Outstanding Achievement in Soundtrack - Guitar Hero 2 (Harmonix/Activision/Red Octane) # Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition - LocoRoco (Sony Computer Entertainment/Sony Computer Entertainment) # Outstanding Achievement in Sound Design - Call of Duty 3 (Treyarch/Activision # Outstanding Character Performance - Male - Gears of War (Epic Games/Microsoft Game Studios) # Outstanding Achievement in Character Performance - Female - Viva Piñata (Rare/Microsoft Game Studios) # Outstanding Achievement in Story and Character Development - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo/Nintendo) # Outstanding Achievement in Game Play Engineering - Wii Sports (Nintendo/Nintendo) # Outstanding Achievement in Online Game Play - Gears of War (Epic Games/Microsoft Game Studios) # Outstanding Achievement in Visual Engineering - Gears of War (Epic Games/Microsoft Game Studios) # Outstanding Achievement in Game Design - Wii Sports (Nintendo/Nintendo) # Sports Game of the Year - Tony Hawk's Project 8 (Neversoft Entertainment/Activision) # Strategy Game of the Year - Company of Heroes (Relic/THQ) # First-Person Action Game of the Year - Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas (Ubisoft Montreal/Ubisoft) # Fighting Game of the Year - Fight Night Round 3 (EA Sports/Electronic Arts) # Racing Game of the Year - Burnout Revenge (Criterion Games/Electronic Arts) # Role-Playing Game of the Year - Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Bethesda Softworks/2K Games) # Children's Game of the Year - LocoRoco (Sony Computer Entertainment/Sony Computer Entertainment) # Action/Adventure Game of the Year - Gears of War (Epic Games/Microsoft Game Studios) # Massively Multiplayer Game of the Year - Guild Wars: Nightfall (Arena Net/NCsoft) # Family Game of the Year - Guitar Hero 2 (Harmonix/Activision/Red Octane) # Simulation Game of the Year - Microsoft Flight Simulator X (Microsoft Game Studios/Microsoft Game Studios) # Downloadable Game of the Year - Bookworm Adventures (PopCap/PopCap) # Mobile Game of the Year - Orcs and Elves (Fountainhead Entertainment/Electronic Arts Mobile
theboxmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 theboxmike
Member since 2005 • 2615 Posts

Hmm yey Gears won!!:)

*waits for sheep*

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DaysAirlines
Also note that Capcom is not part of the academy.
Kev_Unreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kev_Unreal
Member since 2007 • 2818 Posts

"Handheld Game of the Year - Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day"

I agreed. I learn allot from Brainage.:)

M1MyRifle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 M1MyRifle
Member since 2004 • 494 Posts

Hmm yey Gears won!!:)

*waits for sheep*

theboxmike

Thats kinda lame
michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 michael098
Member since 2006 • 3441 Posts
GO gears of war!!!
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaysAirlines
You know for a game that "isn't a killer ap" it sure is winning a lot of GOTY awards.
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts
Gears really did great. Really makes me look forward to #2.
linkhero1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 linkhero1
Member since 2004 • 16489 Posts

# Children's Game of the Year - LocoRoco (Sony Computer Entertainment/Sony Computer Entertainment)

but but teh nintendo is teh kiddyz :cry:

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaysAirlines

# Children's Game of the Year - LocoRoco (Sony Computer Entertainment/Sony Computer Entertainment)

linkhero1
Dude..LocoRoco..wow.
Kev_Unreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kev_Unreal
Member since 2007 • 2818 Posts

linkhero1

lol, TCHBO.

wiistation360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wiistation360
Member since 2006 • 4209 Posts
[QUOTE="linkhero1"]

Kev_Unreal

lol, TCHBO.

lmao:lol:who is the kiddy now?
Manticore160

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Manticore160
Member since 2006 • 91 Posts
I'm pretty sure I am going to get flamed, but... I thought Gears didn't deserve most of those awards. In my perfectly worthless opinion, I thought Okami, Zelda, Final Fantasy, and Oblivion were all slightly better then Gears. Yep, I said it, please forgive me for typing this.. *Holds up flame shield*
Conker-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Conker-Fan
Member since 2007 • 1239 Posts
Those would be changed around slightly if Capcom was in it. Dead Rising and Okami would definately be somewhere in there
Manticore160

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Manticore160
Those would be changed around slightly if Capcom was in it. Dead Rising and Okami would definately be somewhere in thereConker-Fan

No, definetley not Dead Rising, but definetley Okami. That game was so beautiful, it's beyond words.
Kayrod29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 Kayrod29
Member since 2005 • 5301 Posts
[QUOTE="linkhero1"]

Kev_Unreal

lol, TCHBO.

ha ha yeah TCHBO, kiddy game on PSP wins kiddy award
ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts

I'm pretty sure I am going to get flamed, but... I thought Gears didn't deserve most of those awards. In my perfectly worthless opinion, I thought Okami, Zelda, Final Fantasy, and Oblivion were all slightly better then Gears. Yep, I said it, please forgive me for typing this.. *Holds up flame shield*Manticore160

You know SW has gone too far when people like this guy are afraid to express their own opinions :?

Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts

[QUOTE="Manticore160"]I'm pretty sure I am going to get flamed, but... I thought Gears didn't deserve most of those awards. In my perfectly worthless opinion, I thought Okami, Zelda, Final Fantasy, and Oblivion were all slightly better then Gears. Yep, I said it, please forgive me for typing this.. *Holds up flame shield*ToScA-

You know SW has gone too far when people like this guy are afraid to express their own opinions :?

I think he's the only one on SW afraid to voice his dislike of Gears.
lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts
Dead rising might be one of the most overrated games in recent history, IMO.  The game gets repetitious after about the 2,000th zombie.
nintendogamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nintendogamer6
Member since 2006 • 1772 Posts
[QUOTE="Kev_Unreal"][QUOTE="linkhero1"]

wiistation360

lol, TCHBO.

lmao:lol:who is the kiddy now?

The cows get owned for awards that Sony dose manage to win :lol:
pyoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 pyoob
Member since 2005 • 443 Posts
[QUOTE="linkhero1"]

DaysAirlines

Dude..LocoRoco..wow.

ROFLMAO nintendo got beaten in its own game LOL DANG the big N is getting lamer and lamer...

Manticore160

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Manticore160
[QUOTE="ToScA-"]

[QUOTE="Manticore160"]I'm pretty sure I am going to get flamed, but... I thought Gears didn't deserve most of those awards. In my perfectly worthless opinion, I thought Okami, Zelda, Final Fantasy, and Oblivion were all slightly better then Gears. Yep, I said it, please forgive me for typing this.. *Holds up flame shield*Vyse_The_Daring

I think he's the only one on SW afraid to voice his dislike of Gears.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Gears, and know it deserved a few awards. I just think think some of the other games deserved a lot more attention.
Thrice_III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Thrice_III
Member since 2004 • 1539 Posts
Also note that Capcom is not part of the academy.DaysAirlines
Yup, hence why Okami didn't win best art direction.
linkhero1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 linkhero1
Member since 2004 • 16489 Posts
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="linkhero1"]

pyoob

Dude..LocoRoco..wow.

ROFLMAO nintendo got beaten in its own game LOL DANG the big N is getting lamer and lamer...

I agree they are getting lamer at being kiddy. Common Nintendo win us some kiddy awards will ya? :lol:
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DaysAirlines
I guess Gears of War isn't overated.