An UNBIASED list of the best games to look forward too this gen. NO DMC4/KZ2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yuna707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 yuna707
Member since 2004 • 562 Posts
I really can't be bothered linking pictures.
I do not hype unproven IP's or games where too little info is known. In a case where games are of a unknown condition, I go by past results and intuition. I have also included a %age, which is what its chances are of getting AAA here on gamespot.

HALO 3: X360
This game is going to be huge. Halo is an awesome fps, whether or not snobby hermits, or silly cows think so. Need I say more? 95%, I have a hard time imagining this game not being AAA

NINJA GAIDEN 2 X360
Arguably the best action series last generation. Only game that can hold a candle to it is God Of War. 2 solid 9.4's? 90% chance of AAA.

FORZA 2: X360
Forza was one of the best racers last gen. I'd place it alongside BURNOUT. Solid AAA 60 %

MASS EFFECT : X360
The spiritual successor to KOTOR, arguably last gen's best RPG. This game is a good AAA bet 80%. The original
BIOSHOCK. PC/360
Its predecessor SYSTEM SHOCK 2, only scored 8.5., but is cited on Gamespots G.O.A.T list. For this reason I'm giving it a  60% chance of AAA. No multiplayer might be a bit too much for it to get AAA. An awesome game nonetheless.

KOTOR 3.
 The last KOTOR Game didn't score too well, but keep in mind developers change. If bioware does it, it could easily be AAA. 70% if Bioware does it. If another company
yuna707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 yuna707
PS3.

FFXIII.
Ah Final Fantasy. This game has quite the history. Easily the PS3's safest AAA bet. FF has an average score of nearly 9.3! I'd say this game has an 85% chance
MGSIV:
What a tricky series. 8.5-9.6-8.7-9.0. An average rating of JUST under AAA. The scores are a bit over the place, so I'm going to say this game has a 70% chance of AAA. I'm being a bit lenient, but Sony is gonna push Konami to make it a good game. it is one of the PS3's big 3 exclusives, and it better score AAA or the Cow's will be mighty angry.
KINGDOM HEARTS III
This game makes my list because of its broad appeal. The first KH was the 7th best selling PS2 game. Together they have sold over 10 million!
GRAN TURISMO IV. Ah one of the biggest casual drawcards of all time. Not the safest AAA bet however. 60%

GOD OF WAR III. A bit early, but this is a potential AAA. 65% chance off the top of my head.

TEKKEN VI. This series has trouble getting below AAA. Not a bad seller too, about 1.5 million each copy.

DMC has an average score of 8.05... and has failed to break 1 million twice running. Need I say more?
KZ2, same developer, why should we believe the hype.
MOTORSTORM: Has shown nothing remotely amazing except for graphics so far.
LAIR. Very little info, bad frame rate e.t.c. Not a safe bet at all
HEAVENLY SWORD. So far it seems like a GOW Clone but with a hot chick. Time willt ell

MULTIPLATFORM
RESIDENT EVIL 5.
Ahhh, the sequel to 2005's overwhelming GOTY. I expect no less than AAA from this. 90%

GTA IV: GTA simply can't flop!. 3 games running at 9.6!. This game has a 99% chance of being AAA.

GUITAR HERO. Has sold 3 million or so, not bad fore a niche game. I don't see it getting AAA much, unless it changes its gameplay somehow -but its an AWESOME GAME. 50%

yuna707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 yuna707
METROID PRIME 3: A good AAA bet. 85%
 MARIO GALAXY. I really have no clue so I'm gonna say 70%.
SSBM. Probably not gonna get AAA, but its gonna rock everyones world. 20% on grounds none of them before have gotten AAA I'm not really sure about Wii/DS/pC/PSP
Thug_Pikachu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Thug_Pikachu
Member since 2006 • 4725 Posts
I like that you didnt add DMC4 on that list.
yuna707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 yuna707
They say after 20 rounds of pro boxing, you are likely to suffer permanent brain damage. After 20 minutes in SW I could probably say the same.
Especially if you believe in any of the PS3 games I mentioned specifically why I didn't include, which the Cow's like to claim as ownage.
I thought of including White Knight Story, but we know zilch about it.
Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
Is Kingdom Hearts III announced and is the platform confirmed?
yuna707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 yuna707
Kh3 is not announced, but I'm pumped for it anyways =D. One of the best sellers last gen. I'm pretty sure its gonna be PS3 exclusive
harry2k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 harry2k5
Member since 2005 • 656 Posts
if your getting your percentages by looking at past games in the series then shouldnt metroid prime 3 be higher?
avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 avenger_dot
Member since 2007 • 804 Posts

I really can't be bothered linking pictures.
I do not hype unproven IP's or games where too little info is known. In a case where games are of a unknown condition, I go by past results and intuition. I have also included a %age, which is what its chances are of getting AAA here on gamespot.

HALO 3: X360
This game is going to be huge. Halo is an awesome fps, whether or not snobby hermits, or silly cows think so. Need I say more? 95%, I have a hard time imagining this game not being AAA

NINJA GAIDEN 2 X360
Arguably the best action series last generation. Only game that can hold a candle to it is God Of War. 2 solid 9.4's? 90% chance of AAA.

FORZA 2: X360
Forza was one of the best racers last gen. I'd place it alongside BURNOUT. Solid AAA 60 %

MASS EFFECT : X360
The spiritual successor to KOTOR, arguably last gen's best RPG. This game is a good AAA bet 80%. The original
BIOSHOCK. PC/360
Its predecessor SYSTEM SHOCK 2, only scored 8.5., but is cited on Gamespots G.O.A.T list. For this reason I'm giving it a  60% chance of AAA. No multiplayer might be a bit too much for it to get AAA. An awesome game nonetheless.

KOTOR 3.
 The last KOTOR Game didn't score too well, but keep in mind developers change. If bioware does it, it could easily be AAA. 70% if Bioware does it. If another company yuna707

More on 360

Fable 2 (Fable was AAA to me, Fable 2 AAAA most probably)

Lost Odyssey (Mistwalker !!!)

Blue Dragon  (Mistwalker !!!)

Infinite Undiscovery (Star Ocean developers, cna't go bad)

Cry On  (Mistwalker !!!)

More on PS3

Unknown Realms (looks cool )

White Knight (looks cool )

You missed the above, and Resident Evil 5 is MULTIPLATFORM

gaara-pata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gaara-pata
Member since 2006 • 1535 Posts

ps3: DMC4, MGS4 , tekken

360: Halo 3 , Mass effect

Acenso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Acenso
Member since 2006 • 2355 Posts

DMC has an average score of 8.05... and has failed to break 1 million twice running. Need I say more?

yuna707

Do you know the definition of ownage? This is it
What do the totals say again....Million?

And Guitar Hero is not exculsive to PS. It is comming out to 360 in a month and a half.
Neither is RE5 or GTA4

And Kingdoms Hearts on PS3? Show me the link!!! SquareEnix could make that a Mutliplat, Put it on Wii. Look at Dragon Quest:lol:
-Reggaeton-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Reggaeton-
Member since 2007 • 2392 Posts
Lair has framerate problems?
avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 avenger_dot
Member since 2007 • 804 Posts

Lair has framerate problems?-Reggaeton-

It just looks mediocre now, probably does not have frame rate problems because of that

DrHyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#16 DrHyde
Member since 2003 • 584 Posts
[QUOTE="yuna707"]

Acenso

Do you know the definition of ownage? This is it
What do the totals say again....Million?

And Guitar Hero is not exculsive to PS. It is comming out to 360 in a month and a half.
Neither is RE5 or GTA4

And Kingdoms Hearts on PS3? Show me the link!!! SquareEnix could make that a Mutliplat, Put it on Wii. Look at Dragon Quest:lol:

I assume the TC put Guitar Hero, RE, and GTA in the PS3 category since they originated on the Playstation.
yuna707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 yuna707
Forgot to add those aforementioned games into multiplat, my bad.
I don't really know if you can claim vgcharts as ownage, I thought the sites credibility died a long time ago....