Are you mostly a single-player or multiplayer gamer?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Are you mostly a single-player or multiplayer gamer? (63 votes)

I mostly play single-player games/modes 73%
I mostly play multiplayer games/modes 5%
Roughly 50/50 between the two 22%

I would say I’m mostly single player, but I do enjoy multiplayer games, just not as much. I’m more of a pick up and play multiplayer gamer. Games like COD, or Fighting Games, I’ll play for a nice break between single player games. How about you, SW? Are you mostly a single-player or multiplayer gamer?

• 
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

I mostly play online competitive games but I can't think of any good ones atm besides Age of Empires or Chivalry 2.

Right now I'm sticking to singleplayer games but if someone hits me up to play together online I close down that singleplayer game in an instant.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dimebag667  Online
Member since 2003 • 3130 Posts

If you had a "don't really play games anymore" option... that would be my choice.

But for the sake of this post, I will vote based on how I used to play.

N-REAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 N-REAL
Member since 2003 • 2509 Posts

I´m 46 years old...Too old to be bothered with youngsters playing Online, yelling and screaming all the time.......I used to play GTAV online a lot but I got tired of griefers and the toxic players that you find...

It's single player 95% for me...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59394 Posts

Gave up on MP while back outside of fighting games.

Fighting games take a lot of time and dedication as well to even be remotely competent so it tends to just be "1" fighting game.

Outside of that maybe try hit up someone if they want to play an old game nobody gives a shit about, like Last Blade 2, typically try to harass Conan if he's alive.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45540 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Gave up on MP while back outside of fighting games.

Fighting games take a lot of time and dedication as well to even be remotely competent so it tends to just be "1" fighting game.

Outside of that maybe try hit up someone if they want to play an old game nobody gives a shit about, like Last Blade 2, typically try to harass Conan if he's alive.

I thought you were giving @ConanTheStoner a run for his money in Street Fighter?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 uninspiredcup

@SolidGame_basic: Conan plays that shit sound the clock, he'd obliterate me. Few people on the forum who would obliterate me.

While I like to think i'm the best in the universe, even saying "mid" is generous.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11274 Posts

I used to play MP more. The only multiplayer thing I tend to play now is SF, and even that's on occasion. So, yeah. Mostly SP to a big degree for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Singleplayer I use to be much more into MP games back when they where actually good and EA and other publishers allowed modded servers seems unimaginable now.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56483 Posts

Single player all day, every day.

But for the record, I do play a fair share of MP but that's a rarity nowadays but I do play Halo MP & Destiny 2 from time to time.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3515 Posts

95% or more is single player.

I don't get why someone would spend his gaming life playing the same couple of maps doing the same stuff on and on to unlock cosmetic shit and see numbers go up. Seems like a rather reductive way to embrace gaming. When I play a multiplayer game I dedicate from 10 to 20 hours to it and then move to other game, but I almost never play them.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

I'd say I'm about 90% single-player. I play the occasional Rocket League game and everything else with my cousin. Other than that, don't have any gamer friends.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2153 Posts

BF4 must be the last MP game I have played.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34791 Posts

Bout 50/50 right now. I play lots of MHR Sunbreak and Hunt: Showdown for multiplayer. Some other single player stuff on the side.

Pretty content with Hunt as my only go-to multiplayer game for the foreseeable future, unless some other developer manages to make an actual good multiplayer shooter soon. It's almost criminally good.

CoD, BF, Destiny, Apex gamers, the **** you doin? Hunt exists.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39871 Posts

It depends on the game. I am big into multiplayer (be it pvp or coop IF the coop isn't repetitive and it must be challenging). My issue with multiplayer for the last few years is that its all a massive POS. Valorant is an unplayble trash. CoD always was and will be a garbage franchise for people with no taste in gaming. CSGO... is from 1982, nobody got time for that old trash. PUBG looks like a mod developed in a basement. Apex looks like MW1 from 2007. BF2042 is 2042. Fortnite has the most disgusting art direction ever seen in gaming... only after Splatoon, actually.

Tarkov is all there is when it comes to the popular shooters, but its extremely poorly optimized, i am sick of constant account resets and nowhere near ready to be released.

I've had a lot of fun in Destiny 1 multiplayer in the first 3 or so months. I want something similar to it, but without the garbage Bungie content support behind it.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44620 Posts

Probably around 60% single player and 40% multiplayer but I’ll vote 50/50. Enjoy a lot of single player stuff but will also put a lot of time into multiplayer stuff as well. Halo, Call of Duty, Gears of War, Monster Hunter, Forza, and fighting games are typically my multiplayer games of choice.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#16 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

it varies... on average over the last few years, probably 50/50-ish.

this year its been mostly singleplayer. in the past, i've gone through stints of mostly playing multiplayer.

I put big hours into Rocket League, Company of Heroes 2, PUBG and Trackmania 2 between 2015 - 2021. but don't really play any of those anymore.

depends what games are out, and what friends are playing. not many good MP games lately as others have said, but I'll still go in for some Hell Let Loose or Chivalry 2 now and then, or even BF2042 since I have a handful of friends who play it semi-regularly. Played quite a bit of Forza Horizon 5 MP last year with a group of friends.

Should play quite a bit of Darktide co-op when that comes out next month

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts

Easily single player like the only thing I have played online is Ghost of tushima online mode and Splatoon 2 is heck of fun online but that is like it for online oh and some TMNT sherdders revenge.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#18 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16051 Posts

Single player. I like being self-governing in games. If I play an offline game, I don't have to rely on other people to make my experience enjoyable.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44699 Posts

Mostly single player and games wirh online co-op, for dedicated MP games with more of a PvE design over PvP.

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WladolfPutler
Member since 2022 • 256 Posts

People are morons...so of course i prefer good ole single-player games rather than playing with...well...morons...hehe!

On a serious note, those multiplayer-games are getting always boring for me way too fast, but i understand why obviously they´re so "successful"...besides the industry shoving one multiplayer-game after another into gamers asses, regardless no one really asked the industry for it to do that.

People seem to be hooked on that feeling of "playing against another human being" and that was what made it "interesting" for me...back the days when i used to play UNREAL TOURNAMENT (yes...the very first one). But that "interesting" point seemed to rather fade away too quickly, so the fun was gone after a few weeks.

BATTLEFIELD II...2 Months, PUBG - 1 Month. GTA ONLINE - 3 Months.Those three titles i remember have been those i was playing the longest, and i never got back to them ever again.

There is just no point for me playing against others with actually just doing the same over and over again...like....JUMP! SHOOT! DODGE! SHOOT! DUCK! SHOOT! ROLL! SHOOT! CAMP....SHOOT!...SHOOT!....JUMP! repeat.

Oh and well it also makes no point in playing against people who play PUBG 24/7 with having super-inhuman reflexes to the point of not even needing any aimbot-hacks....while cheaters being the really last thing i want to deal with while playing games.

To me, Multiplayer-Only games are rather DEAD. If i spot some great new interesting article about this or that new game coming and i realize it´s Multiplayer-Only, i instantly stop reading and forget the title as it doesn´t even exist.

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

I play co-op with my friend group on a number of things like Deep Rock Galactic, Left 4 Dead 2, Minecraft, Project Zomboid, and so forth but don't really play anything competitively anymore because I just don't care enough to put that sort of time into a game anymore.

If my friends aren't on then I'm content to play a wide assortment of single player games where I don't have to deal with other people's shit.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14831 Posts

Single player mostly. If I play multiplayer it's typically couch co-op like Overcooked or Twisted Metal. Pretty much the only time I use the PS5.

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LAtech84  Online
Member since 2017 • 644 Posts

I mostly play SP games. I would say 95% SP and 5% MP. I prefer story driven SP games the most.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9440 Posts

About 50/50.

I really only play cooperative MP games.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58534 Posts

Pretty much only singleplayer. Not really in to competitive shooters and other genres like I used to be, and I don't have enough friends that game to do much coop.

@R4gn4r0k said:

... Chivalry 2.

How is Chivalry 2? I enjoyed the first one, sort of forgot they had a sequel.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1288 Posts

60/40 for me. 60 for single player, 40 for multiplayer.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 297

#27 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2988 Posts

Roughly 50-50 but probably a little more multiplayer.

Single-Player really doesn't do it for me most of the time, most games there's a campaign but what else? Multiplayer you can play until the game dies down. I launched some MW2 the other day and surprised you can still find lobbies on XBL. Multiplayer really just kicks ass.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50693 Posts

99.999 single player.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#29 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Single player.

I hate people.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39871 Posts

I heard ghost is scared of multiplayer because other humans can kill him in a video game.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

quantity of games - single player
Hour count - multiplayer

So both.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16613 Posts

Xbox game pass is a treasure trove of multiplayer games. I mainly play single player, but there's also a bunch of fun coop oriented games that I sometimes play with friends.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

I would say both just because i can put soo many hours into a mp game. I was a big fan of battlefield up until these last two video games and put a lot of hours in the last 3 main games. I will also play all the top single player games and usually do atleast 2 playthroughs.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23734 Posts

Usually all in with one or the other. Get into a fighting game, not playing much of anything else. Otherwise just single player stuff.

Only other mp I really enjoy would be arena shooters, but that shits dead. Last time I got into any was the UT beta and Toxikk (stupid ass name, fun game).

Rewgle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Rewgle
Member since 2022 • 414 Posts

So I like both, but more often than not I play multiplayer games with friends nowadays.

Probably will pick up the Persona games when they come out. I was working on Shadowrun Returns but I got stuck on what I can only imagine is the final boss battle and haven't been able to proceed with that in a good while.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3282 Posts

Mostly singleplayer these days. The only multiplayer game that I play a lot is Counter-Strike Global Offensive.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#37 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25088 Posts

SP only. MP gaming suck.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9618 Posts

I guess I'm pretty split on this so I voted 50/50, but I'd say it's more like 75/25 in favor of multiplayer in some capacity, whether that be co-op, mmo's, looter shooters, fps/tps, racing, sports, survival games, party games, singing, rhythm, etc. I do however play a lot of single player too... so I'm not really too sure on the split, but neither get shorted.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 R4gn4r0k

@mrbojangles25: It's just silly fun, or it can be super serious if you want.

Personally I just like running into a fight yelling "Aaaaarrgggh" then getting my head chopped off by the first enemy I encounter.

The objectives are still as fun as ever: steal chests of gold, murder peasants... medieval stuff.

They also added a lot of level interactivity and there is the new mounted combat.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58534 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@mrbojangles25: It's just silly fun....

You had me at "silly" 😀

I feel like another reason I got away from multiplayer is because it got a little serious, or a little "dudebro", for my tastes. I like to keep things light.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34791 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

It depends on the game. I am big into multiplayer (be it pvp or coop IF the coop isn't repetitive and it must be challenging). My issue with multiplayer for the last few years is that its all a massive POS. Valorant is an unplayble trash. CoD always was and will be a garbage franchise for people with no taste in gaming. CSGO... is from 1982, nobody got time for that old trash. PUBG looks like a mod developed in a basement. Apex looks like MW1 from 2007. BF2042 is 2042. Fortnite has the most disgusting art direction ever seen in gaming... only after Splatoon, actually.

Tarkov is all there is when it comes to the popular shooters, but its extremely poorly optimized, i am sick of constant account resets and nowhere near ready to be released.

I've had a lot of fun in Destiny 1 multiplayer in the first 3 or so months. I want something similar to it, but without the garbage Bungie content support behind it.

Hunt bruh. Best gunplay ever, best sound design ever, amazing graphics, good developer support, very nice blend of realistic and arcadey gameplay. More than enough people are playing. Screw Tarkov dude. Go Hunt. It's basically the only good current MP shooter on the market right now.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 696 Posts

Never played online and never will.

Just call me a Luddite.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By uninspiredcup
@hardwenzen said:

I heard ghost is scared of multiplayer because other humans can kill him in a video game.

I don't think in like, the 15 years or so, never seen Ghost talk about an MP vidya.

Saying that, he does only talk about 3 games. Played FF7 recently, so expanded to 4.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 R4gn4r0k

@mrbojangles25 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

@mrbojangles25: It's just silly fun....

You had me at "silly" 😀

I feel like another reason I got away from multiplayer is because it got a little serious, or a little "dudebro", for my tastes. I like to keep things light.

Yeah I play competitive games but I mostly mean that as team vs team. You want your team to win, but if you don't it's all good fun.

Like in Battlefield I'm a true teamplayer and use smoke, give my life to save that of another, etc...

It needs to stay really, really silly and lighthearted. That's why I prefer team games over individual action games.

Also class based is the best. Where you can specialise and role play as a certain class. A medic, machinegunner... or a heavy knight type class in something like Chivalry.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Almost entirely single player. The main exception is Friday nights my wife and I play some online games with friends who live far way