Capcom: Wii is teh kiddy!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts
We have more titles coming to Wii than what’s been announced HOWEVER, I must admit, many of them (outside of RE) are not mature titles despite the fact that’s an area Capcom is known for.

By and large, we don’t see the Wii being home to an sizble mature playerbase outside of some of the early adopters. We see it as being very, very broad with a family focus (especially in Japan). If there is a “core player base” on Wii, within two years, it will be largely a younger player (far younger than 360 or PS3).

You’ll see more announcements later this year on this front.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=13018

Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts
Manhunt 2 /thread
Conker-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Conker-Fan
Member since 2007 • 1239 Posts
[QUOTE="Pangster007"]Manhunt 2 /thread

1 game doesnt speak for a whole console- and Manhunt is a kiling game thats sick, not really good, only for those who like killing and blood. And its a ps2 port
PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PikaPichu
Member since 2003 • 17813 Posts
We have more titles coming to Wii than what’s been announced HOWEVER, I must admit, many of them (outside of RE) are not mature titles despite the fact that’s an area Capcom is known for.

By and large, we don’t see the Wii being home to an sizble mature playerbase outside of some of the early adopters. We see it as being very, very broad with a family focus (especially in Japan). If there is a “core player base” on Wii, within two years, it will be largely a younger player (far younger than 360 or PS3).

loco145
Yeah well if Capcom says Wii is teh kiddy then it's got to be true right? :roll:
kraidiation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 kraidiation
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
Meh, a game doesn't need guns and blood to be good.
MaTT2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MaTT2011
Member since 2005 • 3949 Posts
I dont really care if there are so called "mature" games on the Wii or not. Whats really "mature" is realizing that gaming is about having fun, gameplay, challenge and not conforming to social norms of violence, sex, and bad overemphazized plot lines. That, son, is really whats mature.
SyluxElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 SyluxElite
Member since 2006 • 8950 Posts
[QUOTE="Conker-Fan"][QUOTE="Pangster007"]Manhunt 2 /thread

1 game doesnt speak for a whole console- and Manhunt is a kiling game thats sick, not really good, only for those who like killing and blood. And its a ps2 port

Can you be sure its a PS2 port and not ported from the Wii? :wink:
shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts
[QUOTE="loco145"]We have more titles coming to Wii than what’s been announced HOWEVER, I must admit, many of them (outside of RE) are not mature titles despite the fact that’s an area Capcom is known for.

PikaPichu
Yeah well if Capcom says Wii is teh kiddy then it's got to be true right? :roll:

Uh, in a word...yes?

I don't get the sarcasm, I think Capcom knows a little something about games and the gaming industry.
Golden_surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Golden_surfer
Member since 2004 • 5749 Posts

One game doesn't but one company does? Logical loopholes FTW?
FoamingPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FoamingPanda
Member since 2003 • 2567 Posts

Oh god.

Small but early evidence for my "decline of complex and mature games in porportion to casual market penetration" theory.

Sweeeet.  Thank you Nintendo, for screwing your fans over with franchise labels, antiquated consoles, and a great marketing strat.

Hockey_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hockey_Slayer
Member since 2004 • 3213 Posts
[QUOTE="Pangster007"]Manhunt 2 /threadConker-Fan

Acutally a different part of rockstar is working on manhunt 2, from the people working on manhunt 2 for the psp and ps2, so no its not rely a port.
Awakening124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 Awakening124
Member since 2004 • 379 Posts

If Nintendo didn't pay attention the young 'uns, they'd be completely ignored. I think Nintendo will end up doing exactly what they did with the GameCube: Cater to the kids for a couple of years, then finally start to put out Teen and Mature titles right when all of their older fans have sold their Wiis. I know I didn't get a GameCube until I got wind that Resident Evil games would be coming out on them. 

There's a time and a place for Cooking Mama, and there's a time and a place for Gears of War.

t2wave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 t2wave
Member since 2005 • 3258 Posts
What better way to change the outlook of a console that to deny it what could change it. Briliant.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

scarface , manhunt 2 god fahter, plus plenty more

re wii

CelineDion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CelineDion
Member since 2002 • 5972 Posts

Oh god.

Small but early evidence for my "decline of complex and mature games in porportion to casual market penetration" theory.

Sweeeet.  Thank you Nintendo, for screwing your fans over with franchise labels, antiquated consoles, and a great marketing strat.

FoamingPanda

Out of curiosity, do you have more than one talking point, or must every post harp on this single theme of yours?

Avatar image for black_chewbacca
black_chewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#16 black_chewbacca
Member since 2006 • 1653 Posts
Well, you may not get the viseral and violent FPS's on the next gen consoles.... But you get... Cooking mama?
Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts

[QUOTE="Conker-Fan"][QUOTE="Pangster007"]Manhunt 2 /threadGolden_surfer

I'd say this statement by a huge 3rd party publisher outweighs the existence of one adult themed game on the Wii.

FoamingPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FoamingPanda
Member since 2003 • 2567 Posts
[QUOTE="FoamingPanda"]

Oh god.

CelineDion

Out of curiosity, do you have more than one talking point, or must every post harp on this single theme of yours?

When my favorite hobby has degraded into an endless series of franchise titles, crappy games, and a terribly informed playerbase, sometimes.  It appears to be a single theme because it so so true.

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wavebrid

[QUOTE="Golden_surfer"][QUOTE="Conker-Fan"][QUOTE="Pangster007"]Manhunt 2 /threadGamer556

I'd this statement by a huge 3rd party publisher outweighs the existence of one adult themed game on the Wii.

and this was the same company  who said re4 wouldnt be on ps2 :|

I will never listen to what capcom says ever again

Golden_surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Golden_surfer
Member since 2004 • 5749 Posts

[QUOTE="Golden_surfer"][QUOTE="Conker-Fan"][QUOTE="Pangster007"]Manhunt 2 /threadGamer556

I'd this statement by a huge 3rd party publisher outweighs the existence of one adult themed game on the Wii.

What's being given more publicity early on? Capcom saying nintendo is kiddy or the manhunt sequel? Yeah, that's right. Shrug it off because you people know those comments are meaningless unless you're a fanboy trying to see phantoms when there are none.
TNT_Slug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TNT_Slug
Member since 2007 • 1735 Posts
[QUOTE="FoamingPanda"]

Oh god.

CelineDion

Don't expect Foaming Panda to post something that remotely makes sense.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wavebrid
[QUOTE="CelineDion"][QUOTE="FoamingPanda"]

Oh god.

FoamingPanda

When my favorite hobby has degraded into an endless series of franchise titles, crappy games, and a terribly informed playerbase, sometimes.  It appears to be a single theme because it so so true.

oh stop trying to back up your fanboy side

HeHateMe_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HeHateMe_basic
Member since 2002 • 7161 Posts
wii hasnt got 1 game that i would want, even if it did the wiimote kills it dead in its tracks.
mighty_shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#24 mighty_shark
Member since 2005 • 1822 Posts
Gaming is all about violence these days. It's sad really.
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pangster007
wii hasnt got 1 game that i would want, even if it did the wiimote kills it dead in its tracks.HeHateMe_basic
Oh ye, the wiimote is going to be so lethal when Manhunt 2 gets released. Nevermind, broken tvs, windows and lightbulbs. Innocent bystanders better watch out.
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pangster007
Gaming is all about violence these days. It's sad really.mighty_shark
Ye, it's pretty sad.
outlawz247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 outlawz247
Member since 2006 • 595 Posts

Meh, a game doesn't need guns and blood to be good.kraidiation

What about gears of war for example?

John_Cornman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 John_Cornman
Member since 2007 • 90 Posts

its been out for 3 months...