SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

Awesome news since I'll give Control another try since my first time playing didn't go so well. Just couldn't get past the way the map worked for some reason. But better yet, this is an all new and improved Control. :D

Also, some good stuff coming as well. And as always, Thank you Game Pass!! lol :P

Anyhooie...

PSA....

The Story.

----------

Control returns to Game Pass, better than before

Story by Michael McWhertor

• 11m

Control was previously available through Game Pass, but left the subscription service in 2022. If you played it then, you may be interested in what else Game Pass has to offer this month, which includes the Ultramarine boomer shooter Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun, the open-world farming adventure (with mechs!) Lightyear Frontier, and MLB The Show 24, which includes women players for the first time.

Here’s what Game Pass subscribers can expect in the first half of March:

• Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun (Cloud, Console, and PC) – March 5
  • PAW Patrol World (Cloud, Console, and PC) – March 7
  • SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated (Cloud, Console, and PC) – March 12
  • Control Ultimate Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC) – March 13
  • No More Heroes 3 (Cloud, Console, and PC) – March 14
  • Lightyear Frontier (Game Preview) (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X) – March 19
  • MLB The Show 24 (Cloud and Console) – March 19

And while you may now be thinking, “I really should play through Control,” you’re also going to be thinking “Damn, I should’ve played Hardspace: Shipbreaker while I had the chance!” when you see which games are leaving Game Pass on March 15.

• Hardspace: Shipbreaker (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Shredders (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44360 Posts

Already have the game myself but it’s an excellent addition to Game Pass for sure.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2471 Posts

Improved how?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SecretPolice

@warm_gun:

Didn't know, done a quick search and found this...

https://www.greenmangaming.com/blog/control-ultimate-edition-differences-what-does-it-offer/

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SecretPolice

Oh man, forget Control. This is the real deal right here...

lol :P

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Archangel3371

@SecretPolice: I’m actually going to play that myself. :P

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SecretPolice

@Archangel3371:

Same here, like many games, this wouldn't even get a first look but the beaty of GP it's like hey, I'll give it a whirl. ;)

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Archangel3371

@SecretPolice: For sure. We be eatin’ good! :D

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Warm_Gun
@SecretPolice said:

@warm_gun:

Didn't know, done a quick search and found this...

https://www.greenmangaming.com/blog/control-ultimate-edition-differences-what-does-it-offer/

Oh, so improved on this service, but not elsewhere. Already have the complete version.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Neat!

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1262 Posts

Played Control when it was on the service previously. Great game.

Humble bundle gave away Control a while back for Steam and said it was the Ultimate Edition... but turns out it's just the base game and you can't buy the DLC anymore on Steam. Unfortunately I only realized this after beating about 90% of the game a month ago.

I'll probably download it thru GP and speed through the main game so I can play the DLC.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56281 Posts

Own Control since day one for PC and still love the game cause it's really fun. Remedy's best game yet and glad it's on Game Pass. Great edition to the service.

Also, Remedy now has full reign with the Control series moving forward and can't wait to see what Remedy does for Control 2.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46489 Posts
@davillain said:

Own Control since day one for PC and still love the game cause it's really fun. Remedy's best game yet and glad it's on Game Pass. Great edition to the service.

Also, Remedy now has full reign with the Control series moving forward and can't wait to see what Remedy does for Control 2.

I somewhat like the shooting and really like the Jedi powers, but for me Control was the weakest Remedy game.

The story is really vague and just doesn't feel present a lot of times and I feel the game is more about putting you in arenas with enemies, where other Remedy games feel more like reading a good book.

That said, I do want to replay the game, the good things really stand out, but what were your main likes about Control? Did you play and enjoy the DLC? :)

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6435 Posts

Beaten Control, 100% everything. Was an ok game, nothing to write home about though.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3459 Posts

I LOVE control but I'm not a big fan of replaying games.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#16 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

I own the game but it is a good return for Gamepass.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56281 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:
@davillain said:

I somewhat like the shooting and really like the Jedi powers, but for me Control was the weakest Remedy game.

The story is really vague and just doesn't feel present a lot of times and I feel the game is more about putting you in arenas with enemies, where other Remedy games feel more like reading a good book.

That said, I do want to replay the game, the good things really stand out, but what were your main likes about Control? Did you play and enjoy the DLC? :)

For me, I like using the Telekinesis powers lifting up objects and tossing them to the enemies more than I use the gun. The story isn't nothing to write home about, and the only character I like was Ahti the janitor as a mystery guy. I was surprised to see him again in Alan Wake 2.

I haven't try out the DLC as I got too busy with other games to play. I'll revisit Control whenever Control 2 gets officially announced with a trailer. Also, Remedy stated Control has sold over 4 million making it their highest sold game. Hopefully Alan Wake 2 makes it up there.

Edit: Jesse Faden was just too blend for my taste. She was ok, just totally blend. She needs a better character development IMO. I wish Remedy could take back Quantum Break from MS as MS doesn't know what to do with the IP. Give them Quantum Break MS, you don't need it.

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1644 Posts

Control plays best on a decent PC. If you're on console then I feel sad for you...

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Warm_Gun

@Bond007uk: With the mod that assigns all weapons to the number row.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pedro

@Bond007uk: You feel sad that people game differently than you? You must be sad all the time 😂

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1644 Posts

@Pedro said:

@Bond007uk: You feel sad that people game differently than you? You must be sad all the time 😂

I really hope you don't take me too seriously. This is System Wars after all.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pedro

@Bond007uk:I am as serious as you want me to me.😏

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2953 Posts

Never played Control before but looking forward to trying it on Gamepass next week when I have more time to play.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SecretPolice

GamePass baby!!! :P

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-game-pass-adds-diablo-4-hot-wheels-and-more-this-month/1100-6521936/

Xbox Game Pass Adds Diablo 4, Hot Wheels, And More This Month

April's games will include Superhot: Mind Control Delete, Ark: Survival Ascended, and F1 23.

The next wave of Game Pass titles has been officially confirmed, and starting today, subscribers can explore their interstellar homestead in Lightyear Frontier on Xbox Series X|S, PC, and cloud-compatible devices. The other big release joining Lightyear Frontier is MLB The Show 24, this year's entry in the long-running baseball simulator series from San Diego Studios. For the first time in the series history, MLB The Show 24 allows players to create and play as a woman, and also includes new additions to its historical showcase mode.

On March 20, horror fans can experience the choose-your-own-demise of The Quarry, a blood-drenched homage to slasher flicks from the '80s starring nine teenage counselors who are in for a really bad final night of summer camp. Anyone looking to fight back against monsters can check out Evil West on March 21, a fun vampire-slaying title in which you can punch the supernatural into giblets with your overpowered arsenal. Terra Invicta will be available on PC via the Xbox Preview program through Game Pass, giving fans of tactical games an early look at a grand sci-fi experience from the creators of Long War.

Easily the biggest release of the month is Diablo 4, as Blizzard's action-RPG will be available from March 28 on console and PC. In case you missed it when it launched last year, Diablo 4 is a dark return to the grim roots of the franchise, and players can hop right into the new content from Season of the Construct when it arrives. Two more games will be available that same day, as the month closes out with fun racing Hot Wheels Unleashed 2: Turbocharged and narrative adventure Open Roads.

In April, Ark: Survival Ascended arrives on PC, Xbox Series X|S, and cloud-compatible devices. Rebuilt inside of Unreal Engine 5, players will have to survive and thrive in a hostile frontier if they want to stand at the top of the food chain. Lastly, April 2 brings two more games to the party in the form of F1 23, last year's official Formula One video game, and Superhot: Mind Control Delete, a massive expansion to the beloved first-person shooter with even more action and guns.

Xbox Game Pass March 2024 Wave 2 Additions

Available now

• Lightyear Frontier (Game Preview) (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S)
  • MLB The Show 24 (Cloud and Console)

March 20

• The Quarry (Cloud and Console)

March 21

• Evil West (Cloud, Console, and PC)

March 26

• Terra Invicta (Game Preview) (PC)

March 28

• Diablo 4 (Console and PC)
  • Hot Wheels Unleashed 2: Turbocharged (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Open Roads (Cloud, Console, and PC)

April 1

• Ark: Survival Ascended (Cloud, PC, Xbox Series X|S)

April 2

• F1 23 (Cloud) EA Play
  • Superhot: Mind Control Delete (Cloud, Console, and PC)