Game of the generation, Starfield, to receive regular updates, new ways to travel and quest fixes... Bethesda

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22825 Posts

Greetings friends and happy hump day!

The most talked about game on System Wars and possibly the finest game ever released, Starfield will receive regular updates every 6 weeks in an attempt to take the concept of perfection to the next level.... These updates will include new ways to travel, city maps, bug fixes and quest fixes as Bethesda fine tunes their world class game design to match the creative possibilities only found in Todd's brain...

Bethesda just took to Reddit to detail their plans...

Where are you with these plans system wars? Did u buy the perfect launch product or will you wait to purchase the even more perfect edition of Starfield down the road when some changes have taken hold...

For me, I look at Starfield the way I did cyberpunk... I wait for the cookies to be done before eating them... Patience is a glorious virtue that almost always pays off....

Are you filled with shock and awe at how glorious Starfield is? Can your body, mind and soul handle it getting better?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/comments/18fyhnh/comment/kd1l4m0/?utm_source=reddit&onetap_auto=true&one_tap=true

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45322 Posts

Back in my day we called these patches.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44356 Posts

Very good. Definitely appreciate them adding in city maps. I do very much enjoy the game currently but it certainly could benefit from some fixes and updates. Am looking forward to seeing how the game evolves.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheEroica  Moderator

@SolidGame_basic said:

Back in my day we called these patches.

Old timer! Starfield is gaming evolved, thus the verbiage around Starfield must also evolve...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39390 Posts

Quest fixes will be your content for years to come. Please enjoy

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17851 Posts

I'm so glad I don't feel the effect of FOMO. I probably wont play this until 2025 at the rate things are going.

It paid off nicely for CP2077 (only played it once Phantom Liberty released) and it will pay off nicely for this and Baldurs Gate 3 (on a side note, why are Larian getting a free pass with smacking devs over the head for poor releases? Granted, it looks like they released a belter, but the game was also still released in a shoddy state. Developers should not be bragging about fixing 1000 bugs!).

Anyway: Bethesda, just let us know when its actually done please.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16577 Posts

@osan0: bg3 was early released and drip fed for pretty much the last 6 years. Originally GS gave the game a 6/10, let's not forget that.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

So it's the mods and spokesperson for GameSpot recommendation, that I should wait for 2 years to play the game like CyberPunk?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
@Heil68 said:

So it's the mods and spokesperson for GameSpot recomendation, that I should wait for 2 years to play the game like CyberPunk?

Correct... A year is probably fine. Also, please add, "unpayed employee of Microsoft" to my resume... They wanted to pay me, but I told them I wouldn't dream of accepting money from big green at times like this when we're redifining the way people play games...

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 514 Posts

I definitely want some sort of vehicle to travel planets after landing. My biggest gripe now is the fact that I'm constantly jet packing to hard points. The oxygen bubble power helps but it's time consuming to sprint to locations when I just want to get there to pop a space pirate's head and collect my bounty.

I haven't checked since the last patch, but a brightness setting is a pretty basic standard that needs to be implemented. The little flashlight doesn't cut it deep in caves when exploring.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50616 Posts

GotG 😅

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3455 Posts

I guess in a year or so I'll try to finish it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#13 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70019 Posts

Sounds good to me.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56276 Posts

@Heil68 said:

So it's the mods and spokesperson for GameSpot recommendation, that I should wait for 2 years to play the game like CyberPunk?

I would do what Last_Lap is doing and that's just wait for GOTY edition with every DLC & patches all in one game for the right price.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

The game that keeps on giving. Love it. Thank you Phil!

Meanwhile, Spider-Man 2 is dead.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Heil68

@TheEroica said:
@Heil68 said:

So it's the mods and spokesperson for GameSpot recomendation, that I should wait for 2 years to play the game like CyberPunk?

Correct... A year is probably fine. Also, please add, "unpayed employee of Microsoft" to my resume... They wanted to pay me, but I told them I wouldn't dream of accepting money from big green at times like this when we're redifining the way people play games...

Noted..Will uninstall game when I get home as per GameSpot's recommendation. :D

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8875 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Quest fixes will be your content for years to come. Please enjoy

We will. Too bad you can't!

stacweed11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 stacweed11
Member since 2020 • 447 Posts

AKA unfinished game was released. Needed to release before the holiday competition.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@Heil68 said:
@TheEroica said:
@Heil68 said:

Noted..Will uninstall game when I get home as per GameSpot's recommendation. :D

I'd warn against that... Keeping Starfield installed on your generation defining Xbox is shown to lower cholesterol and increase sexual drive in men and grasshoppers.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pedro

@TheEroica said:

I'd warn against that... Keeping Starfield installed on your generation defining Xbox is shown to lower cholesterol and increase sexual drive in men and grasshoppers.

It is true.🤭

Boiled-Hotdug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Boiled-Hotdug
Member since 2022 • 309 Posts

I was excited to play this and I put 18 hours on Steam and just eventually got bored. Wandering around certain planets and just finding nothing of interest and I would get excited to find a cave and when I would enter, it was just a few random loot and maybe a small little base setup and that was it...lol. I heard it gets better as you progress; especially story wise? I don't know...didn't hold my interest to care to continue and I feel the 7 is warranted. I'll probably check the game back again in 1-2 years depending on how the updates come along...

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7247 Posts

@kvallyx said:

yet its selling more. its so dead.

can you atleast try?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Heil68

@TheEroica said:

#Legendary!

Be a good topic for podcast--Not me being Legendary that's a given, but waiting to play a game till there "mature" and ready to play properly...ala Cyberpunk

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7247 Posts
@boiled-hotdug said:

I was excited to play this and I put 18 hours on Steam and just eventually got bored. Wandering around certain planets and just finding nothing of interest and I would get excited to find a cave and when I would enter, it was just a few random loot and maybe a small little base setup and that was it...lol. I heard it gets better as you progress; especially story wise? I don't know...didn't hold my interest to care to continue and I feel the 7 is warranted. I'll probably check the game back again in 1-2 years depending on how the updates come along...

yeah im on level 30 and just stopped playing it. once I got the ship I wanted i got bored.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheEroica  Moderator

@Heil68 said:
@TheEroica said:

#Legendary!

Be a good topic for podcast--Not me being Legendary that's a given, but waiting to play a game till there "mature" and ready to play properly...ala Cyberpunk

I like it... Animal passed his test by the way... He nailed it. Next step is to podcast!

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@kvallyx said:

yet its selling more. its so dead.

can you atleast try?

And yet Xbox Game Studio's COD MW3 and MW2 are trouncing it. Where as Spider-Man 2 is no longer in the top 10 best selling games.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pedro

@gifford38 said:
@kvallyx said:

can you atleast try?

That is an interesting comment.🤭

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44628 Posts

CDPR got nearly 3 years right it's wrongs with CP2077 and even charged people extra just to reach their "that'll do pig" moment, yet still well below what was initially hyped regardless of whether the game is still decent as a game itself.

Bethesda will be held to a different standard though I presume, and they released their game in much better shape out the gate. And it's pretty decent for what's there now. I mostly feel the game could improve greatly through minor tweaks. Most importantly performance stability and optimization improvements, bug fixes, but also just small things. I think the grindy part as an RPG can be eliminated through revamping leveling and difficulty to scale around player than being fixed to certain areas and regions. With regard to the time loops, I think they could do some interesting things there where the choices you make in one loop come back to haunt people later if they think every loop is some kind of do-over. More tailored content of course is a plus. I actually had fun with mixing in a lot of the auto-generated content between things and much more improved compared to when Bethesda tried this out in Skyrim. Oddly a much more celebrated game though I always felt it eas even more lackluster than people claim Starfield was.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56276 Posts

@Chutebox said:

GotG 😅

I failed to understand what makes this game so special🤷‍♂️

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts
@lamprey263 said:

CDPR got nearly 3 years right it's wrongs with CP2077 and even charged people extra just to reach their "that'll do pig" moment, yet still well below what was initially hyped regardless of whether the game is still decent as a game itself.

Bethesda will be held to a different standard though I presume, and they released their game in much better shape out the gate. And it's pretty decent for what's there now. I mostly feel the game could improve greatly through minor tweaks. Most importantly performance stability and optimization improvements, bug fixes, but also just small things. I think the grindy part as an RPG can be eliminated through revamping leveling and difficulty to scale around player than being fixed to certain areas and regions. With regard to the time loops, I think they could do some interesting things there where the choices you make in one loop come back to haunt people later if they think every loop is some kind of do-over. More tailored content of course is a plus. I actually had fun with mixing in a lot of the auto-generated content between things and much more improved compared to when Bethesda tried this out in Skyrim. Oddly a much more celebrated game though I always felt it eas even more lackluster than people claim Starfield was.

They didn't charge for any patches.

Bethesda will be held to a different standard, a much lower one, as they have been for over a decade when it comes to fixes for their titles.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

New ways to travel is the most interesting bit of information. Hopefully hopping from planet to planet will become more than a series of loading screens. Or at the very least introduce some planetary vehicle.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pedro

@johnd13 said:

New ways to travel is the most interesting bit of information. Hopefully hopping from planet to planet will become more than a series of loading screens. Or at the very least introduce some planetary vehicle.

I hope it is faster traveling on the planet.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Heil68

@johnd13 said:

Maybe they can generate revenue by introducing ads instead of load screens? lmao

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9411 Posts

Well I would hope so. The game clearly should have city maps. And I am interested in more ways to travel. Using the ship is too many loading sequences. It not that the loading takes too long, it's just immersion-breaking (plus I have to use the awful awful maps).

Give me a robot dog who can carry materials back to my ship or base. Make quick stacking smarter too. Get me out of the damn inventory menu. No I will not leave those materials behind. Add a way to deconstruct junk into usable materials. I want to pick up everything. It makes me sad.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39390 Posts

@davillain said:
@Chutebox said:

GotG 😅

Its a game that came out on a system that doesn't have games. This is what's special about it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

@TheEroica said:

For me, I look at Starfield the way I did cyberpunk... I wait for the cookies to be done before eating them... Patience is a glorious virtue that almost always pays off....

That is a positive attitude and I agree for the most part, but...the cookies were done. They just weren't that great. And they charged money for it.

The question is whether they can dress the cookies up enough with enough frosting, chocolate, and other things to make them better than OK without also making it look like an assembled mess of sub-par cookies with sub-par frosting and waxy chocolate.

Also I can't stand the "release it now, fix it later" attitude of modern AAA development. There's only two games I can really forgive in this regard and that's Cyberpunk and No Man's Sky, and only because they essentially reinvented themselves. They didn't just dress up the cookie, they crumbled the cookie into cookie dust, turned it into a pie crust, filled it with a delicious chocolate filling, and made an entirely new and better thing out of it.

Mmmm...cookies.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Now just wait for some mods and Starfield might finally go from a 6/10 to an 8/10 !

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59180 Posts

Honestly, this could change everything.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

Those in the know have known all along... GOAT Starfield for life!!! :P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Heil68

@hardwenzen said:
@davillain said:
@Chutebox said:

GotG 😅

Its a game that came out on a system that doesn't have games. This is what's special about it.

True and it flopped, has to hurt lems. :*(

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10500 Posts

hopefully they fixed the bug of game tips getting perma stuck to the top of the screen. i had one about fast travel appear and not leave after an hour of playing, i carried on for another two hours and tried everything to get rid but nothing doing so had to restart. not touched it since