PS3 Oblivion has NO AA, and same textures as 360 !!!! PS3 can't even run AA !!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 avenger_dot
Member since 2007 • 804 Posts

1UP confirmed, IGN pics confirmed, the OFFICIAL PICS on the OFFICIAL SITE confirmed, PS3 has no AA !!!!!

http://www.elderscrolls.com/art/obliv_ps3_screens_01.htm

It is full of jaggies !!!!!!

And the only thing better it has, the far away textures, will be fixed on 360 too !!!

PICS OF OWNAGE BELOW !!!

IGN PICS

OFFICIAL SITE PS3 PICS - THE REAL DEAL

360 PICS - THE OWNAGE !!!! Notice - same textures - no jaggies

I ADMIT PS3 has better far away textures, that on 360 look like hell, but the funny thing is
360 will get the same treatment through Live !!!

vistamanV5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 vistamanV5
Member since 2005 • 957 Posts
Not another one of these threads.....
Avatar image for nextgengaming18
nextgengaming18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 nextgengaming18
Member since 2006 • 2719 Posts

What is AA. I need to know. Another thing that is sad, that they don't trust any site that says something good about ps3. They always call ign bias, while stating 1up.com as a relible news source.. The draw distance textures aren't the only thing that ps3 has better, most of the ps3 textures are significantly better then xbox 360...

And also there is alot of jags in those screens you shown for the xbox 360...

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts
Call me crazy but in your 360 pics I see jaggies. :?
DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts

What is AA. I need to know. Another thing that is sad, that they don't trust any site that says something good about ps3. They always call ign bias, while stating 1up.com as a relible news source.. The draw distance textures aren't the only thing that ps3 has better, most of the ps3 textures are significantly better then xbox 360...nextgengaming18

AA = Anti - Aliasing.

The site used for the real PS3 pics was the Bethesda site for the game, way more reliable then a gaming site..

klactose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 klactose
Member since 2003 • 1167 Posts
glad you do realize that the trees in the last 360 picture look like crap, but I guess that will be fixxed soon. Anyway, the PS3 version still looks good.
16bitkevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 16bitkevin
Member since 2005 • 3962 Posts

What is AA. I need to know. Another thing that is sad, that they don't trust any site that says something good about ps3. They always call ign bias, while stating 1up.com as a relible news source.. The draw distance textures aren't the only thing that ps3 has better, most of the ps3 textures are significantly better then xbox 360...

nextgengaming18

AA lessens the "jaggies" you see on the edge of objects in games by smoothing it out.
Avatar image for XboxUnderground
XboxUnderground

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 XboxUnderground
Member since 2003 • 20965 Posts
of course it doesn't the PS3's GPU is based off the 7800 or something like that so it's not capable of HDR and AA at the same time
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts
dude, they look the same. PS3 draw distance has improved but 360 version will get the update too.
Avatar image for nextgengaming18
nextgengaming18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nextgengaming18
Member since 2006 • 2719 Posts
dude, they look the same. PS3 draw distance has improved but 360 version will get the update too.fuzzysquash
[QUOTE="nextgengaming18"]

What is AA. I need to know. Another thing that is sad, that they don't trust any site that says something good about ps3. They always call ign bias, while stating 1up.com as a relible news source.. The draw distance textures aren't the only thing that ps3 has better, most of the ps3 textures are significantly better then xbox 360...

16bitkevin

AA lessens the "jaggies" you see on the edge of objects in games by smoothing it out.

AA is anti-aliasing. It makes higher res pictures, lower res which makes the game have less jags.. I never heard the AA symbol but I do know what anti aliasing is. I thought AA here means 80-89...
avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 avenger_dot

of course it doesn't the PS3's GPU is based off the 7800 or something like that so it's not capable of HDR and AA at the same timeXboxUnderground

All in all, after 360 gets the patch that makes far textures same as PS3, and since it has AA, will be the best looking version by far

And gets Shivering Isles day one too !!!!

azrealhk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 azrealhk
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts
Nothing new,

Lots of 360 games have no AA.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Still pretty, and too many people put too much emphasis on graphics.. Morrowind > Oblivion and look at its graphics..
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts
You Made This Thread YESTERDAY NIGHT!!!!!!! WHY CANT YOU JUST ADMIT ITS BETTER FOR THE PS3 UNTIL THE 360s UPDATE COMES OUT!!!
avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 avenger_dot

Nothing new,

Lots of 360 games have no AA.
azrealhk

Hahaha, not this one mister, 360 HAS AA, PS3 can't do it.

avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 avenger_dot

You Made This Thread YESTERDAY NIGHT!!!!!!! WHY CANT YOU JUST ADMIT ITS BETTER FOR THE PS3 UNTIL THE 360s UPDATE COMES OUT!!!Kahuna_1

I DID ADMIT IT SILLY !!!!!! Check at the last words in my post

Still it is a trade off, no AA for better far textures, but after the pacth, what remains ??? No AA on PS3 !!!!

echelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 echelon
Member since 2002 • 1199 Posts

[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]of course it doesn't the PS3's GPU is based off the 7800 or something like that so it's not capable of HDR and AA at the same timeavenger_dot

All in all, after 360 gets the patch that makes far textures same as PS3, and since it has AA, will be the best looking version by far

Yes and has worse framerate, worse loading times and less sharp regular textures. At least according to GameSpot and IGN who you seem to like to completely ignore now. Maybe when they played the game, and I mean actually physically saw the game with their own eyes the screen wasnt fixated on that stupid cherry-picked screenshot you have posted 10,000 times. They have actually seen the graphics of the game and they said it looks better, and runs smoother the the 360 version. Again, they must all be lying though because you found a random screenshot that you didnt like. And also, do you really need to post the same thing in every thread, same screenshots and same wording? Thats not discussion anymore its spamming.
mrboo15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mrboo15
Member since 2006 • 2043 Posts
Not another one of these threads, your pathetic :|
craigx42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 craigx42
Member since 2004 • 108 Posts

two of the pics you posted are under the 360 section of oblivion that were posted nov 28 2006.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/theelderscrollsivoblivion/screenindex.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gsimage

avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 avenger_dot
[QUOTE="avenger_dot"]

[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]of course it doesn't the PS3's GPU is based off the 7800 or something like that so it's not capable of HDR and AA at the same timeechelon

Yes and has worse framerate, worse loading times and less sharp regular textures. At least according to GameSpot and IGN who you seem to like to completely ignore now. Maybe when they played the game, and I mean actually physically saw the game with their own eyes the screen wasnt fixated on that stupid cherry-picked screenshot you have posted 10,000 times. They have actually seen the graphics of the game and they said it looks better, and runs smoother the the 360 version. Again, they must all be lying though because you found a random screenshot that you didnt like. And also, do you really need to post the same thing in every thread, same screenshots and same wording? Thats not discussion anymore its spamming.

I CHOOSE TO IGNORE THEM ALRIGHT !!!! I will not ignore OFFICIAL PS3 PICS, from the elder scrolls web site, because gamespot and IGN spread RUMORS !!! OK ?

AM I CLEAR ?

IS WHAT I SAY CLEAR ENOUGH ??

In OFFICIAL PICS, the textures are not more sharp are you suggest, are ...SAME !!! Look above

AM I LYING ??? CHECK THE DAMN OFFICIAL WEBSITE !!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS THE 24 HOURS A DAY, FOR YOU TO CHECK I DID NOT POST RANDOM PICS !!!!!!

mrboo15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mrboo15
Member since 2006 • 2043 Posts
Here's oblivion on 360 in all its glory :roll:
craigx42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 craigx42
^^lol so much for the AA
Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
It looks so much better on PC its not funny.
avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 avenger_dot

^^lol so much for the AAcraigx42

Hahahaha a cell phone pic ????????

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
It looks so much better on PC its not funny.Marka1700
Especially when you get the pretty texture mods.
echelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 echelon
Member since 2002 • 1199 Posts
[QUOTE="echelon"][QUOTE="avenger_dot"]

[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]of course it doesn't the PS3's GPU is based off the 7800 or something like that so it's not capable of HDR and AA at the same timeavenger_dot

I CHOOSE TO IGNORE THEM ALRIGHT !!!! I will not ignore OFFICIAL PS3 PICS, from the elder scrolls web site, because gamespot and IGN spread RUMORS !!! OK ?

AM I CLEAR ?

In OFFICIAL PICS, the textures are not more sharp are you suggest, are ...SAME !!! Look above

AM I LYING ??? CHECK THE DAMN OFFICIAL WEBSITE !!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS THE 24 HOURS A DAY, FOR YOU TO CHECK I DID NOT POST RANDOM PICS !!!!!!

Ok, so you think IGN and GameSpot are just trying to spread rumors. Interesting. But ask yourself, why am I going to listen to your opinion of a screenshot you found on a website over two huge gaming websites that have actually played the game and seen it with their own eyes? Maybe you should come out with your own website that does detailed analysis of video game screenshots. I might even check it out every once and a while. Until then im going to listen to the people who actually get to play the game and see it with their own eyes.
joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
omg...now there are 100 post about this.
avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 avenger_dot
[QUOTE="avenger_dot"][QUOTE="echelon"][QUOTE="avenger_dot"]

[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]of course it doesn't the PS3's GPU is based off the 7800 or something like that so it's not capable of HDR and AA at the same timeechelon

AM I CLEAR ?

Ok, so you think IGN and GameSpot are just trying to spread rumors. Interesting. But ask yourself, why am I going to listen to your opinion of a screenshot you found on a website over two huge gaming websites that have actually played the game and seen it with their own eyes? Maybe you should come out with your own website that does detailed analysis of video game screenshots. I might even check it out every once and a while. Until then im going to listen to the people who actually get to play the game and see it with their own eyes.

because it is ...Bethseda site ????

alex1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 alex1889
Member since 2006 • 1633 Posts
i see jags in the 360 sceens a nd inside ur head
avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 avenger_dot

i see jags in the 360 sceens a nd inside ur headalex1889

My glass armor on 360, has no jaggies as in that IGN pic, it is amazing to look at, not like a 4 year old pc game full of jaggies

Of course 360 has some jaggies too, but nowhere near as bad as on PS3 with no AA

tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tegovoltio
Member since 2004 • 9280 Posts

[QUOTE="alex1889"]i see jags in the 360 sceens a nd inside ur headavenger_dot

My glass armor on 360, has no jaggies as in that IGN pic, it is amazing to look at, not like a 4 year old pc game full of jaggies

Of course 360 has some jaggies too, but nowhere near as bad as on PS3 with no AA

So you are telling us that looking at the pic makes the game no justice because you have the game on 360 and you see no jaggies but then you are judging the PS3 version out of 1 up screens and haven't played the PS3 version, right?
avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 avenger_dot

i see jags in the 360 sceens a nd inside ur headalex1889

avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 avenger_dot
[QUOTE="avenger_dot"]

[QUOTE="alex1889"]i see jags in the 360 sceens a nd inside ur headtegovoltio

So you are telling us that looking at the pic makes the game no justice because you have the game on 360 and you see no jaggies but then you are judging the PS3 version out of 1 up screens and haven't played the PS3 version, right?

hahahaha those are IGN PICS !!! Not 1UP !!!

1UP confirmed no AA though, and they DID PLAY THE GAME !!!!

tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tegovoltio
Member since 2004 • 9280 Posts
[QUOTE="tegovoltio"][QUOTE="avenger_dot"]

It doesn't matter where they are from and...well this is not IGN to me: http://www.elderscrolls.com/images/art/ob_ps3/obps306B.jpg
Letesmetty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Letesmetty
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts
Who cares, the game looks like garbage on both systems.
craigx42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 craigx42

Just came accross some pics on the ign msg board.

Make sure you maximize the pics to truely show how much the ps3 shots own the 360.

Link: http://boards.ign.com/elder_scrolls/b5312/136427012/p1/?7

choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts

1 UP also said PS3 version wont get downloadable content due to not enough PS3 RAM ... yet PS3 and 360 have the smae amount of RAM and how RAM affect downloadable content ?

IGN and Gamespot claim PS3 version has better tetures larger draw distance and shorter load times ... and since this is Gamespot forums we go by 2 things -- majority of sites AND Gamespot's opinan ... both of which here support Oblivion PS3 ...

Kthxbi
Doomshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Doomshine
Member since 2004 • 908 Posts

Confirmed no AA? All I heard was that they had trouble fitting all the extra content, did I miss something?

Oh, and stop making the same threads all over again nasos...
xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts
[QUOTE="echelon"][QUOTE="avenger_dot"]

AM I CLEAR ?

ok but what about the fact of better draw distance, shorter loading times and better frame rate pictures wont tell u that only people who have played the game will tell u that

plus gamespot and ign always tell it like it is, im pretty sure u agreed with gamespot when they did the ps3 vs 360 graphics comparison  but of course fanboys only choose to hear what they want to hear

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Why do people keep missing something...

HDR

I don't see any of it in the PS3 version. Maybe thats why my eyes bleed, when I look at the sharp jagged things poke me in the eye?

Light isn't scattering over surfaces like in the 360. To give it a smooth glow and warm effect.

gtx-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gtx-1
Member since 2007 • 901 Posts
Yeah well, check the pictures on their site.

© 2006 Bethesda Softworks LLC, a ZeniMax Media company. All rights reserved.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
did you just create the same thread again... try to got the store and buy the box that says "life" on it.
Avatar image for Diggler12Inchez
Diggler12Inchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Diggler12Inchez
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts
avenger dot fails once again with another of his ps3 bashing threads :lol: why do you keep posting the same **** in a different thread everyday dude, that is classified as spam, just add some thing to your old thread, at least yo_foo gets his threads to like 50 pages. yours go to like 3 then die, then it seems you feel like you HAVE to make the same thread over again :lol:
aceReborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 aceReborn
Member since 2004 • 340 Posts

Just came accross some pics on the ign msg board.

Make sure you maximize the pics to truely show how much the ps3 shots own the 360.

Link: http://boards.ign.com/elder_scrolls/b5312/136427012/p1/?7

craigx42
Those so called PS3 shoots are PC shoots.
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
i dont like the look of the colours of the ps3 version!
DaddyDC650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DaddyDC650
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts
This thread is pathetic. Some Xbox fans make up stuff just so they can feel better about their inferior hardware. Even the editor-in-chief of the Xbox 360 section over @ IGN admitted that the PS3 was indeed more powerful than the Xbox 360........ Don't worry dude, it might not be as powerful as the PS3 but it has great games going for it so why not just relax and play games instead of trying to prove to yourself and other Xbox 360 owners otherwise?
V_Zarnold_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 V_Zarnold_N
Member since 2006 • 1272 Posts
Call me crazy but in your 360 pics I see jaggies. :?-RPGamer-
yeah i was thinking the same thing... they both look almost the same...............
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
Yay this gen is going to be fun, this is the beginning of countless screen shots being compared when there is hardly a noticable difference when you actually play the game, which can only make system wars better....
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
*sigh* Dude stop making those kind of threads, those have been discussed till death BOTH VERSIONS ARE GREAT DEAL WITH IT!!!!!