Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#1 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70257 Posts

Amazon

Best Buy

I am surprised that the game is already 33% off.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9593 Posts

Damn... great price. My guess is that they blew through their estimated lifetime sales and decided to discount the game early in order to fund further projects. They actually ran out of funding near the end of development in Unicorn Overlord which is why it took longer to release than they would have liked, and the CEO funded the rest of the game's dev cycle out of his own pocket.

If that doesn't show dedication and belief I don't know what does, so If dropping the price means faster money acquisition for a more timely production of their next game then I'm completely on board with that. Hiring a few extra employees could really set them over the edge. UO is a fantastic game, but 10 years is too long in the tank.

I am happy to see they are already engaging interest in a UO2 which means the game was a resounding success. Last I heard, which was like 10 days ago now, Unicorn Overlord had passed 500k sales and was nearing 600k. Their last game 13 Sentinels took 15 months to sell half of that, so I'd say they are doing well above expectations.

Another of SEGAs games Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth is on sale for 40 as well. Just a heads up.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58485 Posts
@WitIsWisdom said:

Damn... great price. My guess is that they blew through their estimated lifetime sales and decided to discount the game early in order to fund further projects. They actually ran out of funding near the end of development in Unicorn Overlord which is why it took longer to release than they would have liked, and the CEO funded the rest of the game's dev cycle out of his own pocket.

Damn, that's awesome. Good for them.

This is what a CEO should be: a leader, and someone that knows that a career involves occasional sacrifice.

@WitIsWisdom said:

I am happy to see they are already engaging interest in a UO2 which means the game was a resounding success. Last I heard, which was like 10 days ago now, Unicorn Overlord had passed 500k sales and was nearing 600k. Their last game 13 Sentinels took 15 months to sell half of that, so I'd say they are doing well above expectations.

What would expected sales be on a game like this? Genuinely curious.

Seems like a fairly popular genre, but also a bit niche at the same time.

I'm not really into Japanese (or Japanese-style) game design as a whole, but I kind of want to give this a try if only because it sounds like a good and the dev seems worthy of supporting.

*Ooop, nevermind! Not on PC, guess I'll have to pass. Oh well, lots of other stuff to play.

ShadyAcshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 ShadyAcshuns
Member since 2023 • 281 Posts

Game is really good. I spent the month of March playing it.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 716 Posts

Too bad not in steam, it's definitely up my alley, but I won't be buying a console.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34752 Posts

@Pedro said:

I am surprised that the game is already 33% off.

Yeah, what's up with that? It just got released. Not selling well maybe?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45419 Posts

Sega games get discounted quickly. Like a Dragon and Persona 3 Reload already hit $40.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23983 Posts

Easily my GOTY of 2024 thus far.

And yup, the game surpassed expectations. In Japan, stores ran out of physical copies causing Sega to apologize.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

I know someone with a GTX1070 (a mid range gpu from 2016) that loves this game because its all his gpu can handle. What a disaster.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 774 Posts

Bring it to Steam if they want to make a few extra bucks