What if Elon Musk created his own Tesla X gaming system? What would it take for you to buy it?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8785 Posts

It would take a lot imo. But if it were 1/2 the price of the current gaming systems and used Nikola Tesla's original tech then I would be very tempted to buy it. How about you?

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1281 Posts

It's hard to think of what a new entrant could do which is new and refreshing.

At this point with digital games, you would need to have some kind of reputation and guarantee of stability, that you wouldn't lose access to your games if the project isn't successful. This is one of the biggest hurdles for a new entry in gaming hardware.

I would only be able to mention generic things like strong developer support, good price/performance, community features, comfortable controller. Maybe a handheld version and a console version that both play the same games. Family/friend access to games.

Personally I would look for physical media or at least the ability to play offline and back up/restore downloaded games when offline, so that there is some kind of guarantee I can go back to them in the future.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39699 Posts

It would be funny af if he did lmao. Not a hater of his, so if he was to create a noticeably more powerful system, and had good first party exclusives, i wouldn't mind having one. Would even buy a system for Maroxad knowing how much of a fan he is of Elon.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy

@hardwenzen: With his interest in neuron implants and cyber s*** maybe he could make the PS9 before Sony does lol

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hardwenzen

@girlusocrazy said:

@hardwenzen: With his interest in neuron implants and cyber s*** maybe he could make the PS9 before Sony does lol

Exactly. And doesn't the guy holds a world record in Diablo 4 for clearing some dungeon in coop? Kinda funny.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

Launch title should be an open world game where you jack cars.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22969 Posts

I don't really buy consoles based on who is making it. It's more about what can be played on it... The last thing we need though is another pierce of proprietary hardware... Good God no.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8  Edited By Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26114 Posts

His incompetence will probably have it end up like the Amico.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hardwenzen

Wouldn't mind him doing a collab with Trump either. Elon being the ceo, and Trump in charge of the marketing🙃

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#10  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70401 Posts

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44683 Posts

He'd have to commit hari kari with a spork before I'd ever buy it.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9434 Posts

Unlikely. I don't really do closed ecosystems.

If it was totally open source and I am not subject to Elon's whims then might be worth considering. Seeing how he operates Tesla, tho..... unlikely.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#13 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

I always wanted a Tesla tell the designer left. Elon has turned me off from anything he does. He's always trying to make products as cheap as possible.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14502 Posts

Good games.

And a brain injury.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#15  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1045 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

Wouldn't mind him doing a collab with Trump either. Elon being the ceo, and Trump in charge of the marketing🙃

Rudy Guiliani should head their legal department and Joe Rogan in charge of hiring. Would be the best game system ever.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44543 Posts

A new Chrono game.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58505 Posts

My default answer is screw Elon and his companies. Tesla seems to be falling apart now that there's competition on the market; Spacex is launching rockets, but at what cost?; and he has all but broken Twitter/X

Just give me Starlink and a reliable, unlimited-data plan that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and I will be happy. Seriously, it's all I'm waiting for at this point, the only thing keeping me from moving to somewhere cheap and somewhat remote. The lack of rural broadband in the US is really just a shit situation imo.

I don't need another gaming system. PC is fine, and I don't think he'd really offer anything better/different than Nintendo, MS, or Sony offers.

If he wants to enter into the CPU or GPU manufacturing business he is more than welcome to; lord knows we need more than Nvidia, AMD, and Intel for options.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#18  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

So... ...it's gonna be primarily marketed by crypto scammers, lose 70% of its value within a year, and spontaneously explode too?

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19 ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 723 Posts

Elon Musk is smart man but he can be busy building rocket to space maybe invest in Microsoft and Xbox.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50664 Posts

Only if Sony or MS drops out and the console is good.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hardwenzen

Don't be too surprised when Elon buys the Xbox brand from Microsoft when they exit gaming in 2027.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10651 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Don't be too surprised when Elon buys the Xbox brand from Microsoft when they exit gaming in 2027.

I don’t see MS exiting the gaming industry anytime soon, but I do see them being the 1st to exit the console market.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Robertos

@hardwenzen said:

I wonder if he will completely tank the brand like with Twitter. And then pretend it was on purpose even though we all know it's because he bungled it up.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By hardwenzen

@robertos said:
@hardwenzen said:

I wonder if he will completely tank the brand like with Twitter. And then pretend it was on purpose even though we all know it's because he bungled it up.

Tank twitter? All i hear is the site is as best as it ever was (for users, not profitability).

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6713 Posts

Would you buy something from a man who built this???

Loading Video...

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

That and being Trump's VP? ;o

That would be even too much for his genius mind. lol :P

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#27 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts

One word: PASS!

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Robertos
@hardwenzen said:
@robertos said:
@hardwenzen said:

Tank twitter? All i hear is the site is as best as it ever was (for users, not profitability).

The stats say otherwise,

Value of X has fallen 71% since purchase by Musk and name change from Twitter | Elon Musk | The Guardian

Twitter Is Divided After Musk's Provocative Response To Unhappy Users - TheStreet

I think he can make a good game company as long as he leaves his political grift and silver spoon baby ego/entitlement out of it, but I'm not sure if he can.

@SecretPolice said:

That's just an online grift/persona. He wouldn't actually be part of an administration that would try to curb EVs lol. That's his best business atm.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

@robertos:

Nada, he himself knows EV is a bust and said he will move to hydrogen powered vehicles which should have been the direction the whole time. He only needed to ask me long ago. lol :P

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2680 Posts

Elon doesn’t create anything. He buys the tech other people created and then takes all the credit.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8785 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:

Elon doesn’t create anything. He buys the tech other people created and then takes all the credit.

Ah, then perhaps I should have said, "created" in quotes. Oh well.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By hardwenzen
@robertos said:
@hardwenzen said:
@robertos said:
@hardwenzen said:

The stats say otherwise,

Value of X has fallen 71% since purchase by Musk and name change from Twitter | Elon Musk | The Guardian

Twitter Is Divided After Musk's Provocative Response To Unhappy Users - TheStreet

I think he can make a good game company as long as he leaves his political grift and silver spoon baby ego/entitlement out of it, but I'm not sure if he can.

Don't care about stats from some snowflakes on twitter. Only heard good things ever since he took over, and i'd trust asmonbald more than some worthless stats.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Robertos
@hardwenzen said:
@robertos said:
@hardwenzen said:
@robertos said:

The stats say otherwise,

Only heard good things ever since he took over, and i'd trust asmonbald more than some worthless stats.

Highly biased anecdotal evidence, unwise. I'm strictly using large data sets that are public, not from any political side. Twitter has done very poorly under Elon.

Twitter Will Lose More than 32 Million Users Worldwide by 2024 Amid Turmoil - Insider Intelligence

If Elon wants to get into the gaming business he'll have to leave his political grift and Daddy's Emerald Mine influenced entitlement at the door. His console should be named CHAD.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By dabear
Member since 2002 • 8910 Posts

@DEVILinIRON said:

It would take a lot imo. But if it were 1/2 the price of the current gaming systems and used Nikola Tesla's original tech then I would be very tempted to buy it. How about you?

If they had good games, I'd give it a try.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By hardwenzen
@robertos said:
@hardwenzen said:
@robertos said:
@hardwenzen said:

The stats say otherwise,

Only heard good things ever since he took over, and i'd trust asmonbald more than some worthless stats.

Highly biased anecdotal evidence, unwise. I'm strictly using large data sets that are public, not from any political side. Twitter has done very poorly under Elon.

Twitter Will Lose More than 32 Million Users Worldwide by 2024 Amid Turmoil - Insider Intelligence

If Elon wants to get into the gaming business he'll have to leave his political grift and Daddy's Emerald Mine influenced entitlement at the door. His console should be named CHAD.

Its not anecdotal. He isn't a soft little shit that many are on the site, so if he says that its way better now, i'd believe him. Plus, all those snowflakes saying that they'll live the site when he took over, never did🤭

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Robertos

@hardwenzen said:
@robertos said:

Its not anecdotal.

It is, by definition. Data says otherwise.

Elon's gaming company would tank unless he got his shit together and stopped worrying about grifting 13 year olds and the low educated.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hardwenzen

@robertos said:
@hardwenzen said:
@robertos said:

Its not anecdotal.

Elon's gaming company would tank unless he got his shit together and stopped worrying about grifting 13 year olds and the low educated.

Again, i don't care how the data looks to a ceo, but an actual user experience. Way less bots, community votes to hide dogshit posts, way less censorship (IMAGINE BEING PERMA BANNED FOR not agreeing with the gouvernment about covid, etc. how fucking stupid that place was before he took over? ROFL), fired all the useless workers that played with their nose all day, etc. I don't even have an account, so i don't know all the things that were changed for the better, but just these four, its already a massive improvement, and nobody will tell me otherwise.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GirlUSoCrazy

@SecretPolice: I've been looking at discussions around that for a long time. Hydrogen in a fuel cell EV has been one of the most interesting targets. Obviously the final emissions from that are clean. It sounds good if they can efficiently extract, transport, and distribute the hydrogen, and if the conversion to energy, cost, overhead, and infrastructure for that is cost-effective and competitive, and if it is safe during transport and use.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

Would not want.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Robertos
@hardwenzen said:
@robertos said:
@hardwenzen said:
@robertos said:

Its not anecdotal.

Again, i don't care how the data looks to a ceo

As a Cow who thinks the human eye can not see past 30 fps, I'm aware you don't care about facts and put personal feelings above them. But that's not how objective measurements are performed. They lost users and massively lost revenue. It's doing far worse by any metric. Anything else is spin.

Elon Musk’s Twitter is getting worse - Vox

@hardwenzen said:

way less censorship

About that,

Twitter is complying with more government demands under Elon Musk - Rest of World

Before Musk, Twitter's full compliance rate hovered around 50%; since the takeover, it is over 80%.

Looks like you were bamboozled by the Ole' Muskster, and his grifting. The feeble minded are often and easily mislead by tricksters born into wealth.

I'm guessing he would tell you his console runs at 4K 120FPS and you would spam that to everyone here, even though the games run at 50 fps at 1080p upscaled to 1440p. Oh wait Sony already did that.

Musk's console would be a scam.

OmegaBlueUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 OmegaBlueUp
Member since 2006 • 501 Posts

My first thought was I wouldn't buy any console from a company new to gaming after seeing so many companies fail miserably, but after thinking a bit I would consider it if it met the following criteria:

1) It would have to be cheap, and with how little I've been spending on gaming I am talking about nearly giving away their system. Unrealistic I'm sure but I think it would be a bold way to enter the market.

2) It would have to have interesting exclusives. I'm mainly talking games but this could apply to exclusives features like a type of VR that uses haptic gloves or something like that.

3) It would have to be playable offline. I don't want the system to be obsolete if they give up and close down the servers (looking at you Stadia).

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7307 Posts
@ghostofgolden said:

sounds like Xbox new first party line up lmao.

cough starfield cough

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7307 Posts
@robertos said:
@hardwenzen said:
@robertos said:
@hardwenzen said:
@robertos said:

Its not anecdotal.

Again, i don't care how the data looks to a ceo

As a Cow who thinks the human eye can not see past 30 fps, I'm aware you don't care about facts and put personal feelings above them. But that's not how objective measurements are performed. They lost users and massively lost revenue. It's doing far worse by any metric. Anything else is spin.

Elon Musk’s Twitter is getting worse - Vox

@hardwenzen said:

way less censorship

About that,

Twitter is complying with more government demands under Elon Musk - Rest of World

Before Musk, Twitter's full compliance rate hovered around 50%; since the takeover, it is over 80%.

Looks like you were bamboozled by the Ole' Muskster, and his grifting. The feeble minded are often and easily mislead by tricksters born into wealth.

I'm guessing he would tell you his console runs at 4K 120FPS and you would spam that to everyone here, even though the games run at 50 fps at 1080p upscaled to 1440p. Oh wait Sony already did that.

Musk's console would be a scam.

and yet sony first party wins graphics of the year after year.

nothing wrong with upscaling. heck sony are all about upscaling which works.

ZmanBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 3142 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

That would be even too much for his genius mind. lol :P

But it would be great news for whoever is Speaker of the House as that person would be next in line for the presidency if Trump had to resign or died.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17458 Posts

If it was built like a Tesla......I'm staying away from it lol

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By blamix
Member since 2006 • 2064 Posts

If it has enough great games i will definitely get one. That's why i always stick with PS Nintendo combo