UFC Undisputed... I was shocked!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jtparsons54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 jtparsons54
Member since 2006 • 1857 Posts

Over the years, the fighting genre has become very stale to me. Fight Night Round 3 was a fun distraction, but the analog controls really didn't do it for me.

Fast forward to 2009. Yesterday, I randomly decide to get UFC Undisputed after hearing very good things, and WOW! I was instantly pulled in. The game is so easy to pick up yet so difficult to master. The whole atmosphere just feels like real, in your face UFC.

I'm finding myself playing a fighting game and truly enjoying it for the first time since Tekken 3. Great game, THQ.

RockysCatnipCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 RockysCatnipCo
Member since 2005 • 3165 Posts

I found the demo to be ridiculously easy. Didn't do much for me.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

RockysCatnipCo
Play the game & it will become much more difficult. I loved the game & was good to go as long as I could stay on my feet as I'm very good at the boxing & kickingboxing, however as soon as I got put on the mat I got dominated every time. I tried & tried but could never beat Rashad Evans.
RockysCatnipCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 RockysCatnipCo
Member since 2005 • 3165 Posts

[QUOTE="RockysCatnipCo"]

shawn7324

Play the game & it will become much more difficult. I loved the game & was good to go as long as I could stay on my feet as I'm very good at the boxing & kickingboxing, however as soon as I got put on the mat I got dominated every time. I tried & tried but could never beat Rashad Evans.

Oh, okay haha. I might pick it up when the price drops then.

Edit: 3000th post!!!

jtparsons54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jtparsons54
Member since 2006 • 1857 Posts
[QUOTE="RockysCatnipCo"]

shawn7324

I'm the same way, haha. I always target the dominate leg and side. It feels so good to see your opponent start limping in pain. I've started getting a little bit better at that ground combat. As long as I can stay out of a submission position, I can usually recover. And I haven't really figured out any special moves yet, or even how to kick at the head, but once I do, I can see how that would open up so much more appeal to the game. Love it!
Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Chiddaling
Member since 2008 • 9106 Posts
Yeah I played the demo and the full game at a friends house, and wow. It was fun as hell! :o I'll be sure to pick it up.
Avatar image for Fallout3fan0330
Fallout3fan0330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Fallout3fan0330
Member since 2009 • 256 Posts

I played the demo, and it was just ok. but i have heard a lot of good things about the game. i may pick it up when i can get it somewhere for like $20

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#8 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Yup, very fun game, especially vs friends!!!!

lessthan3james

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 lessthan3james
Member since 2009 • 424 Posts

[QUOTE="shawn7324"][QUOTE="RockysCatnipCo"]

RockysCatnipCo

Oh, okay haha. I might pick it up when the price drops then.

Edit: 3000th post!!!

Just buy used. I got mine for $40 two weeks after release.
SnakeEyesX80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SnakeEyesX80
Member since 2009 • 2181 Posts
Agreed. It's a great game. Day one purchase for me and have enjoyed it since!
Panteiakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 Panteiakos
Member since 2008 • 184 Posts

RockysCatnipCo

Panteiakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 Panteiakos
Member since 2008 • 184 Posts

RockysCatnipCo

Yes the demo was easy but that was because it was set in the lower difficulty. Lower out of 4. Did u change the difficulty?

johnr2806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 johnr2806
Member since 2006 • 307 Posts

i love the gameplay in ufc but the options leave a lot to be desired. the career mode is stale and uninvolving and the classic fights are good but hardly mind-blowing. online is excellent and the only of the game modes that offers any real replay value.

it's worth the price for the gameplay alone but, it would have been nice to have more options (a create your own ppv for example, or being able to start your career in the ultimate fighter).

bronxxbombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bronxxbombers
Member since 2009 • 2840 Posts
I thought the demo was great. Easy, but really fun.
Vendetta67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Vendetta67
Member since 2009 • 57 Posts

The same here, I'm not into fighting games that much, but I was in Wal-Mart and browsing the game guides and after looking at the pictures and reading about the game, I had to get it. When I started playing, I was sucked into the game and just loved it. It has to be the best (if not, one of the best) fighting games ever made.

Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts

The same here, I'm not into fighting games that much, but I was in Wal-Mart and browsing the game guides and after looking at the pictures and reading about the game, I had to get it. When I started playing, I was sucked into the game and just loved it. It has to be the best (if not, one of the best) fighting games ever made.

Vendetta67
Definitely not the best, but it's laying a good foundation. Why the hell they let people quit and not get penalized is beyond me. There are so many crybaby quitters online and the update still hasn't come out. As far as the gameplay, there are a few things that can be exploited that are really annoying. Other than that though, it is pretty solid.
Innocentguy757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Innocentguy757
Member since 2004 • 5410 Posts

RockysCatnipCo
Yea right, the game is ridiculous complicated.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

[QUOTE="Vendetta67"]

Doomtime

Definitely not the best, but it's laying a good foundation. Why the hell they let people quit and not get penalized is beyond me. There are so many crybaby quitters online and the update still hasn't come out. As far as the gameplay, there are a few things that can be exploited that are really annoying. Other than that though, it is pretty solid.

yup the quitters ruined it for me ive completely stopped playing it of that. The single player stuff is okay but there could have been so much more and i thought at least the online will keep me coming back but 90% if you win they quit with no penalty.

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts

I love this game. I think this is the first one to get it right since the UFC release on the Dreamcast. The roster is immense and if you are a fan of MMAand videogames, then you got to love the effort that THQ put in this one. It doestake a little while to get used to , with the various ways submissions are performed andpulling guard, or getting in the clinch. All in all I thought it was a very solid title and in my opinion I think the Boxing world as we know it is on the way down. The really only goodor well known boxers right now are Manny Pacquio,Floyd Mayweather(retired), and maybe Vlademir Klitsko. That's it!! I know that they are a lot of good talented boxers out, but as far as big names in the sport, it's hard to name many that are still fighting. MMA is on the rise, and I hope companies like THQ continue to give it the effort of representing the sport.