What are some of the better 360 games to still play online?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I recently upgraded to gold, and most of my 360 games are single player games with the exception of Gears 1-3. I need some more online multiplayer games to justify keeping gold, so I need some suggestions.

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
Well Gears of War 3 is a great place to start. It has a full multiplayer suite which includes competitive multiplayer, Horde mode, and Beast mode as well as Arcade mode which is campaign co-op but with scoring between players. Competitive has a bit of a learning curve but if you stick with it, it's one of the more balanced and skilled based shooters around. I'd also suggest Halo: Reach and Battlefield 3. Outside the realm of shooters Forza 4 has a ton of multiplayer and community features but I not exactly sure what kind of games your into. Throw out some genres you enjoy and I'll give more suggestions :)
Avatar image for scouttrooperbob
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 scouttrooperbob
Member since 2008 • 2439 Posts

Cod

halo

gears

red dead

battlefield 3

assassins creed revelations (alright)

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Well Gears of War 3 is a great place to start. It has a full multiplayer suite which includes competitive multiplayer, Horde mode, and Beast mode as well as Arcade mode which is campaign co-op but with scoring between players. Competitive has a bit of a learning curve but if you stick with it, it's one of the more balanced and skilled based shooters around. I'd also suggest Halo: Reach and Battlefield 3. Outside the realm of shooters Forza 4 has a ton of multiplayer and community features but I not exactly sure what kind of games your into. Throw out some genres you enjoy and I'll give more suggestions :) AcidSoldner
I'm not into racing sims, and not big on shooters either. I've been enjoying Gears 3 online and that's about all the shooter I need.

I was wondering if there are any online SRPGs maybe? I was also wondering about fighters like Blazblue and if they were ok with the 360's awkard d pad? Mine seems to be way too touchy because sometimes I press left or right on it and it goes up or down.

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts
There are so many off them but right now I am playing Battlefield and NHL 12 a lot
Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts

Mortal Kombat is very fun online if you can get good.

Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"]Well Gears of War 3 is a great place to start. It has a full multiplayer suite which includes competitive multiplayer, Horde mode, and Beast mode as well as Arcade mode which is campaign co-op but with scoring between players. Competitive has a bit of a learning curve but if you stick with it, it's one of the more balanced and skilled based shooters around. I'd also suggest Halo: Reach and Battlefield 3. Outside the realm of shooters Forza 4 has a ton of multiplayer and community features but I not exactly sure what kind of games your into. Throw out some genres you enjoy and I'll give more suggestions :) Bigboi500

I'm not into racing sims, and not big on shooters either. I've been enjoying Gears 3 online and that's about all the shooter I need.

I was wondering if there are any online SRPGs maybe? I was also wondering about fighters like Blazblue and if they were ok with the 360's awkard d pad? Mine seems to be way too touchy because sometimes I press left or right on it and it goes up or down.

I played BB on a pad for a good while before I bought a stick. You should be just fine with the pad. If anything, you could change the controls to whatever you like anyway.
wonderboy_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 125

#8 wonderboy_46
Member since 2005 • 796 Posts
If you'd prefer not to always play shooters, Forza Motorsport 4, Burnout Paradise and any of the FIFA games are good calls for competitive multiplayer.
javafriek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 javafriek
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
Forza 4 and Battlefield 1943
Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts
Dungeon Defenders is going strong, if you dont want a FPS rerun. Its like tower defence loot grabbing co op RPG!
tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  • FIFA 12
  • Battlefield 3
  • Halo: Reach