Any way to report a user from their profile page?

Armos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Armos
Member since 2020 • 47 Posts

As the topic title suggests. It's about what's most likely a bot, but I noticed they created their account just a couple of days ago, and followed nearly 7,000 users in just a few days' time. It looks like they plan to eventually spam each of the people they followed with what's most likely those sex spam bot type messages you sometimes see in the article comments sections. This is considering their "about" page of their profile, plus profile pic.

I'm asking because I got a notification that I've been followed by that same user, and can't figure out a way to both block and report them unless they've made any comments or anything, which they haven't yet. I don't want them spamming me in the near future, or ever. If a mod is curious what this account is called and or the link to it, I can link you to their page. Of course, that is if this isn't already known about, considering they've followed a LOT of users already, possibly even moderators.

* Can also check who is following me from my own profile, they are the only one there. Click the number to see who, and you'll see the bot account.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@armos: You can use the Contact The Moderators link on the right to report, or reporting here is also acceptable. In this instance, you're not the only user who noticed this unusual behavior and the account in question has already been banned as a likely spammer.