Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Hey Folks,

Can you whipe all my posts and delete the account? or can a web master do it? The site ain't set up to easily achieve this even with basic automation.

Thanks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Mods do you still exist?

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 RicanV  Moderator
Member since 2011 • 2624 Posts

Hi MBirdy88,

You can deactivate the account on your own. As a note, once you deactivate the account there is no turning back.

In order to deactivate the account you need to do the following:

• Click on your account profile.
  • Navigate to "edit profile" at the top of the page directly under your name.
  • Once you are in the edit profile section scroll all the way to the bottom and click "deactivate account" (the link is in red).

Again, once you deactivate there is no going back. I would strongly suggest against this. That being said I am sure you have your reasons. Good luck on your future endeavors.

-RicanV

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@RicanV said:

Hi MBirdy88,

You can deactivate the account on your own. As a note, once you deactivate the account there is no turning back.

• Once you are in the edit profile section scroll all the way to the bottom and click "deactivate account" (the link is in red).

Again, once you deactivate there is no going back. I would strongly suggest against this. That being said I am sure you have your reasons. Good luck on your future endeavors.

-RicanV

Hi Rican,

Deactivation isn't the main issue on its own, unless this whipes all my posts away too?

IF not, can a webmaster or mod intervene and do it? Due to the... not so great way the edit pages work, it would be far too much effort manually.

Thanks

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 RicanV  Moderator
Member since 2011 • 2624 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:
@RicanV said:

Hi MBirdy88,

-RicanV

Hi Rican,

Deactivation isn't the main issue on its own, unless this whipes all my posts away too?

IF not, can a webmaster or mod intervene and do it? Due to the... not so great way the edit pages work, it would be far too much effort manually.

Thanks

Deactivation doesn't necessarily wipe out all posts. However, when you do deactivate it changes the name of the account to "deactivated-123xyz" all of your posts are essentially attributed to "deactivated-123xyz." We can go through the process of nuking the account after you deactivate but that is not entirely necessary as there would be no link (aside from the mod note visible to staff and mods only) between those messages and your old account.