Best of 2009 Emblem missing? (Update--Read edit in first post)

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JodyR
Member since 2005 • 16454 Posts

If you are missing the Best of 2009 emblem post in this thread. There could have been an issue with the push of so many emblems that day. What I would like to do is have you post in this thread "before" January 27th, which is the last day staff plan to grant emblems.

This thread serves for the purpose of comparing to see if you are on the current list of users who should have received the emblem.

In the meantime go ahead and vote again too. This way I can check to see if you are also in the batch that is pulled on January 27th.

Thanks!

EDIT: I was notified by staff yesterday about only 33 percent of the users received the emblem. Sorry for the miscommunication, from one staff to another. That means majority of you were on the original list but did not receive the emblem. Staff mentioned that on the 27th they will pull up the list again and there is zero doubt there will be any problems. If you voted on any of the pages (not all pages were required) you will see the emblem on your profiles. Note that as mentioned before the emblem may not show up immediately on the profiles as January 27th due to the cache needing to clear, so wait 24 hours before getting worried.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
[QUOTE="JodyR"]

If you are missing the Best of 2009 emblem post in this thread. There could have been an issue with the push of so many emblems that day. What I would like to do is have you post in this thread "before" January 27th, which is the last day staff plan to grant emblems. This thread serves for the purpose of comparing to see if you are on the current list of users who should have received the emblem. In the meantime go ahead and vote again too. This way I can check to see if you are also in the batch that is pulled on January 27th.

Thanks!

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you're talking about. Also, if I didn't vote before, can I still do it or is it too late for me?
Avatar image for mastetofthedark
mastetofthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 mastetofthedark
Member since 2008 • 16924 Posts
I haven't recieved the emblem yet, I might vote again if needed.
carstairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 carstairs
Member since 2005 • 6631 Posts
I have not received the emblem. I will vote again now.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#5 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

I don't have it. Most of my votes are saved, some seem to be getting reset. Always the same ones.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you're talking about. Also, if I didn't vote before, can I still do it or is it too late for me?

I don't know what you don't understand but voting is still open and you can go vote now if you want to.

gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#6 gbrading
Member since 2005 • 8085 Posts

I voted several times during December, and the bizarre thing is I went to try and vote now but each page acts as though I have already voted (which I have). Puzzling. Ah well. Cheers in advance Jody. :)

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
I haven't recieved the emblem yet, I might vote again if needed.mastetofthedark
If you haven't received it be sure to vote again so the system catches it.
vgm007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 vgm007
Member since 2005 • 20931 Posts
I do not have it yet... I'll vote again just to be sure.
JP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 JP_
Member since 2007 • 12875 Posts

I voted several times during December, and the bizarre thing is I went to try and vote now but each page acts as though I have already voted (which I have). Puzzling. Ah well. Cheers in advance Jody. :)

gbrading
I am in the same category as you gbrading I remember voting SO yeah I don't have the Best of 09 Emblem
msudude211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 msudude211
Member since 2006 • 44517 Posts
I don't have the emblem yet, and when I visit the Best of 2009 page, it shows I've already voted for everything.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dracula68
I don't have the emblem yet, and when I visit the Best of 2009 page, it shows I've already voted for everything. msudude211
Well if it shows you already voted it then you should be caught with the other missing users on the 27th.
Avatar image for ImaginaryFriend
ImaginaryFriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 ImaginaryFriend
Member since 2006 • 4776 Posts

I don't have it, am I on the list?

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#13 dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts
There were a few votes that weren't showing up as having voted for me, so I've completed those a second time just in case. Definitely didn't receive the emblem the first time through though.
msudude211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 msudude211
Member since 2006 • 44517 Posts
[QUOTE="msudude211"] I don't have the emblem yet, and when I visit the Best of 2009 page, it shows I've already voted for everything. Dracula68
Well if it shows you already voted it then you should be caught with the other missing users on the 27th.

I was told to post in this thread just to make sure. ;)
zestolime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 zestolime
Member since 2009 • 282 Posts

yep im missing it which is weird because after i voted if i returned to the voting pages sometimes is would recconise i voted and sometimes it wouldnt

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I voted again on two of them, on another two (GOTY and Best PC Game) if I click to vote the results will fade in and out like it accepted the vote but the voting icons are still up and it doesn't show the results.
Sidburn19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sidburn19  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 4715 Posts

I never received my emblem and I Voted. I also voted just a couple of muniutes ago, hopefully this time my names goes onto the list.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
I just voted on everything, so add my name to the list.
Teekal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Teekal
Member since 2003 • 371 Posts

It doesn't look like I've gotten any new emblems since '07, although I participated last year. I just figured I'd just done something wrong... :P

I went back to try voting again, should I re-vote on everything all over again? Some of the categories are games I didn't play this year.

Avatar image for sfgiantsfan8291
sfgiantsfan8291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 sfgiantsfan8291
Member since 2005 • 12011 Posts
I don't have the emblem yet, and when I visit the Best of 2009 page, it shows I've already voted for everything. msudude211
Same here, so I can't vote again. Hopefully I'll be in the next batch.
gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gmax  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 6865 Posts
I voted the full ballot from this account on Dec. 26, but I didn't get the emblem in the recent batch. The votes did seem to "stick" for at least a day or two. After the emblems went out I went back and checked, and sure enough, the fact that I had cast my original votes had evidently been lost, because I was able to vote again. I have since re-voted several items from this account. The account that I monitored to diagnose the browser cookie limit issue also voted the full ballot (~ Dec. 30) and did not receive the emblem. I captured quite a bit of the related network traffic which I think could (in theory) be used to trace what became of the votes (if any record of them survives at all). I also saved web pages, and I've already uploaded a couple images showing full bitmaps of a couple of those pages. Something everyone might want to consider - you get the current voting result bar charts if you have the corresponding browser cookie. The fact that your browser has a cookie does not mean that the servers actually remember that you voted. The only way I know of to determine if the responding servers remember that you've voted is to try to vote again. To do that, you have to see the "vote" buttons, and to see those, you have to *not* have the corresponding browser cookie. If you see the vote buttons, and you try to vote, but the vote buttons fade and then just come back - *that* means that the responding servers think you have voted already, and the response you are seeing is apparently their way of preventing you from voting "again." So, to *test* whether the servers remember that you have voted or not, you have to clear your browser cookies first. I know it sounds screwy, but it's the only way you can run the test. If you've got a browser that supports separate profiles, you might want to make use of that to be able to keep separate sets of cookies around easily. As far as I can tell, we're stuck having to re-vote as much as possible, which doesn't really seem all that optimal...

Private_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Private_Adam
Member since 2005 • 9864 Posts
I have not received the emblem. I have voted when it started and yesterday, and I'm also going to vote again.
Dman0017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dman0017
Member since 2007 • 4640 Posts
I voted many times, but did not receive the emblem. I would like it :D
ranbir_flame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26 ranbir_flame
Member since 2006 • 415 Posts

I voted but still no emblem....

Pedronus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pedronus
Member since 2007 • 9524 Posts
I haven't received the emblem yet. I'll vote again.
N-REAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 N-REAL
Member since 2003 • 2509 Posts

gbrading

Same here ! I voted several times in December ! :o . I haven't got it yet, I'll go and vote again as well. :) Cheers !

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#29 totalgridlock
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts

I definately voted on everything, though it keeps losing my choices for some of them... :?

DrFish62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#30 DrFish62
Member since 2003 • 4973 Posts

I don't seem to have mine, although I vote every year :)

Profilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Profilia  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 2226 Posts
I don't have the emblem, and I voted for every category back in December. I wasn't sure what you meant by voting again since I see the graphs, percentage of votes and number of votes for most categories, but upon looking further I noticed there are several categories where I can in fact vote again. How odd...
kkee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 kkee
Member since 2003 • 1729 Posts

I've voted but don't have an emblem. I try and vote again to see if it works.

Angel_Belial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 Angel_Belial
Member since 2005 • 1147 Posts

I voted but didn't receive the emblem. Just tried voting again and got halfway through Dubious Honors, but then kept getting redirected to GameSpot's home page. I'll try again tomorrow.

driton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 driton
Member since 2003 • 530 Posts

I have voted several times and didn't get the emblem :(.

double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts
I didn't get my emblem either. I wasn't planning on voting again, but I suppose for you I can make a little time to go do so. :P I will go do that now before catching up on the boards from not being around yesterday.

Edit: Ok, I voted again in everything except genre awards since all the links there took me back to GameSpot's Home Page on both IE8 and Mozilla Firefox 3.5.7
Teekal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Teekal

Okay, I went through and voted on everything I didn't hit on yesterday. It looks like my votes were saved finally (3rd time's the charm!), since there were quite a few that didn't have the vote button showing.

I didn't seem to have any problems with being rerouted to the gamespot home page, it let me vote all the way through on Chrome.

horseyjesse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 horseyjesse
Member since 2003 • 565 Posts

I know I voted for every category and I even double checked a day later to make sure all my votes were saved, but I didnt get an emblem. I will go see if I can vote again now, just incase.

polsci1503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 polsci1503
Member since 2003 • 3246 Posts

No emblem yet, I did vote on different sections on different days (as they were being revealed) so I should show up as having voted. Thanks!

Neosword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#39 Neosword
Member since 2003 • 5112 Posts

I voted for everything right when the feature went up, but it appears a lot of them didn't register or something, because I can vote for them again (unless that's intended). I went back and voted for a couple again.

Louis-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Louis-D
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

I voted a couple of weeks ago, but never received an emblem. I just voted again so hopefully I will get the emblem now. :)

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#41 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
Wow, I just noticed that I never got it either. Hell, I didn't get it last year, and I voted for that one too, wtf. Oh well, too late for that, but I voted twice this year and still haven't got it.
Teekal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Teekal

Wow, I just noticed that I never got it either. Hell, I didn't get it last year, and I voted for that one too, wtf. Oh well, too late for that, but I voted twice this year and still haven't got it.GamerForca

I didn't get mine from last year either, I'm beginning to wonder if it has something to do with having signed up through Gamefaqs before registering here...
I did find this at the Spam Filter though, might interest you:

Also, if you look at your profile and notice that the Best of 2008 emblem is missing please send me a PM with the subject title "Best of 2008 emblem" and I'll grant the emblem at my earliest convenience.JodyR

;)

roberto15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#43 roberto15
Member since 2003 • 58 Posts

I also voted the same day that the Nominees were announced. Still haven't received my emblem.

david_lck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44 david_lck
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts
Hm, I voted for all the categories as well but my emblem still hasn't shown up on my profile. Good to know that they will be granted out on the 27th of January though. :)
Jak_Napier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 Jak_Napier
Member since 2009 • 5831 Posts

Im pretty sure that i voted a while ago, back in December.

is it possible to add my name to the list or vote again? cause when i go to the page to check it shows that i may have already voted.

ClayMeow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ClayMeow
Member since 2004 • 3697 Posts

I haven't received an emblem and I voted in every single category before the GS results were even unveiled multiple times...multiple times because it logged me out while voting and I had to do it all over again. I didn't leave comments in every category, but I know I left comments in some of them, so you can confirm that I did indeed vote.

EDIT: I tried voting again. It logged me out twice, and on several of them, the Flash tried refreshing after I clicked vote, but would just flicker. And I couldn't even get to the GotY page...I'd click on it and it would redirect me to the main page.

BullDogBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BullDogBro
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I voted but, I just joined yesterday do I still get the Emblem?
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Dracula68
I voted but, I just joined yesterday do I still get the Emblem?BullDogBro
Anybody can still vote for the first time up until January 27th at noon PSt.
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#49 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts

If you are missing the Best of 2009 emblem post in this thread. There could have been an issue with the push of so many emblems that day. What I would like to do is have you post in this thread "before" January 27th, which is the last day staff plan to grant emblems.

This thread serves for the purpose of comparing to see if you are on the current list of users who should have received the emblem.

In the meantime go ahead and vote again too. This way I can check to see if you are also in the batch that is pulled on January 27th.

Thanks!

JodyR

I haven't received the emblem either and I voted in every category waaaay back in December.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Dracula68
I haven't received the emblem either and I voted in every category waaaay back in December.

Kravyn81
It certainly couldn't hurt to vote again. If you can't vote it means you already voted and will get it regardless.