SarahElva_ArtDesigner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By SarahElva_ArtDesigner
Member since 2018 • 13 Posts

Let's talk about games you have played recently.

carolynjlee297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 carolynjlee297
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11690 Posts

Disgaea: Refine is my most recent.

However I'm still playing Monster Hunter: World and rounding up my copies of classic Resident Evil games to hopefully play after this weekend; as I'm doing end-game stuff in Refine now and going to take a break from it.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

Candy Crush and UNo & Friends. Lol. I have barely been home except to sleep in the past 2 weeks so just playing mobile.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

Still playing Marvel's Spider-Man game and will play Shadow of the Tomb Raider this weekend.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3130 Posts

Recently beat The Witcher 3, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Ni No Kuni: The Revenant Kingdom, and Tales of Hearts R. Currently playing a lot of Monster Hunter World and FFXIII-2. Just bought the Shenmue collection but will be returning it to get more Tales games. That Shenmue collection is a classic but it's so disrespectful that they didn't even bother to remaster it. It almost makes my eyes hurt to play that on PS4 lol

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RSM-HQ
@valgaav_219 said:

Recently beat The Witcher 3, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Ni No Kuni: The Revenant Kingdom, and Tales of Hearts R.

You recently beat four huge 100+ hour RPGs? . . .

Does your home look like this

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Valgaav_219

@RSM-HQ: Not all in rapid succession. I beat NNK2 straight through. NNK1 took a few months tbh. I've been playing TW3 since I bought it maybe a year ago, same for Tales of Hearts R lol

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Valgaav_219

@RSM-HQ: And no way in hell does it take 100 hours to beat Ni No Kuni: The Revenant Kingdom tbh

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RSM-HQ

@valgaav_219:

Not all in rapid succession

Ah, all in moderation.

Was just throwing some humor; as some of these GD threads have been very argumentative lately.

Regardless some I know are very long games, and not sure could have done that in that short period of time. Turn-base RPGs especially take me a very long time (Divinity II and Disgaea: Refine took me quite a few months); so you have my respect for your dedication and swiftness_

And no way in hell does it take 100 hours to beat Ni No Kuni: The Revenant Kingdom tbh

That comes across as disappointing to me for some reason. .

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#12 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6108 Posts

Playing NHL 19 and Halo:MCC this morning. At work right now, got the urge to play Halo:MCC again, and I know I'm going to be to tired to play tonight, so I might give Halo another try tomorrow.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Valgaav_219

@RSM-HQ: It's not a bad game. The cel shaded Studio Ghibli inspired graphics are beautiful and the new, fast paced combat system is fun as hell. Battles rarely last a whole minute. They are way too easy, though. That's why they had to update it with difficulty settings. That's why I beat it in a week or two, because it's a standard JRPG and there is a lot to do but you'll never lose a battle therefore you can progress as fast as you want tbh

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1679 Posts

Last couple weeks have been PUBG, Shadow of War, Rocket League, Forza H2 and Omerta: City of Gangsters.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

Just finished Halo 2 again (looks amazing on the X), and now I'm playing through Shadow of the Tomb Raider (also looks amazing on X!).

KBryan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KBryan67
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

On my Xbox 360 recently played shadows of Mordor (passed) and horizon (still playing off n on)

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Spiderman and Arkham City.

NukleaWorfair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NukleaWorfair
Member since 2009 • 475 Posts

Mass Effect 2

Rainbow Six Vegas

Battlefield: Bad Company

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Hollow Knight phantom Troup dlc.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7286 Posts

Recently played and completed ryse son of Rome again. Still a good play through story and combat are better than I remembered. Sad it's doubtful we'll never see a sequel.

Avatar image for belgradephantom
BelgradePhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BelgradePhantom
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

Well for multiplayer games mostly CS:GO, but a good story one was GTA V

Gwynbleidd_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gwynbleidd_91
Member since 2018 • 137 Posts

-Red Dead Redemption (PS3)

-Tales of Berseria (PS4)

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#24 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Mafia 3, The Division and I just bought the season pass for Assassins Creed Origins. I already have almost 200hrs in AC origins, now I can see me putting in a ton more, I will mostlikely skip the new AC game coming out next month....probably get it when they have it on sale next year.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#25  Edited By lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

Just finished Mafia 2! It's... been hyped to high heaven and absolutely did not live up to expectations.

I enjoyed the atmosphere, but wow, that mission structure was by-the-book in a very repetitive way. The story was unbelievably predictable and cliche.

And the game was ridden with bugs. Got a crash every time i sat down to play it. Falling down roads numerous time was funny, tough.

On another note, i just picked up and started playing Assassin's Creed Origins. About 6 hours in and liking it a lot so far.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

FC5 and Automata

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Valgaav_219

Tales of Xillia on PS3 and Ratchet & Clank Trilogy on PS Vita

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DaVillain  Moderator

Revisiting Mass Effect: Andromeda and I totally having fun replaying that game as it is. Still playing Marvel's Spider-Man and doing side stuff can be addictive and I'm taking my time with the main story.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RSM-HQ

@davillain-: You got over Tomb Raider fast, was the recent one not up to expectations?

I've read mostly positive things about the first two reboot titles.

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#31 cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1940 Posts

Spider-Man and alternating between Destiny 2 and Warframe grind

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DaVillain  Moderator

@RSM-HQ said:

@davillain-: You got over Tomb Raider fast, was the recent one not up to expectations?

I've read mostly positive things about the first two reboot titles.

Due to my other games I need to clear out of the closet, I decided to wait for Steam Winter Sales go live so I can pick up shadow of the Tomb Raider cheaper not because of the reviews, I just got bigger fish to fry at the moment lol.

I enjoy both Tomb Raider 2013 & Rise of the Tomb Raider games, so the reboots were great in my opinion.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10554 Posts

playing spiderman as much as poss. it's sometimes great, most often good, occasionally frustrating. not quite the world beater it's being portrayed as, in my eyes.

in between bouts of web slinging i've been playing some dishonored 2 on new game+ mode and holy shit there are some crazy things you can do when you're stacked with runes. first time i've tried bone charm crafting. you can combine the same power up to 4x in a charm which makes using certain abilities so much fun. all kinds of new approaches to missions become apparent. it's such a clever game.

i'm devastated this game didn't sell well and we probably won't see another. it's ingenious on so many levels. few games can compete with it in terms of design

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RSM-HQ

@davillain-: I doubt Square Enix will lower the price substantially to the point of interest in that short period of time. I check Steam sales quite often, and never alarmingly drastic from Square Enix. Chrono Trigger is still overpriced and that's a hated mobile port. It's usually Bethesda that offer bigger discounts on Steam/ when I think of the bigger publishers doing offers for recent games.

Regardless I may pick up the Tomb Raider reboots at some-point. My guess is this is the last game in the series for a while, so I'm hoping for a cheap trilogy bundle. Kinda like the Nathan Drake collection.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RSM-HQ
@Macutchi said:

playing spiderman as much as poss. it's sometimes great, most often good, occasionally frustrating. not quite the world beater it's being portrayed as, in my eyes.

The weird thing is I wonder if Spider Man was ever actually viewed as a GotY contender realistically, and how it was ever claimed to be so? . . I get the feeling a group of Marvel/ PlayStation fans overhyped the game, just as they do the movies respectfully.

Spider Man(PS4) never looked from what I've viewed as a defining game of a console generation. However what can't be overlooked is it's a licensed game done by a creditable developer, which is a rare thing. As many know licensed games for the majority, are terrible.

I cannot speak for how it plays, but my natural assumption is it's not actually better in quality or game design than Insomniacs other game projects. Which I rarely see anyone on GD show interest in.

Many are just viewing it as such because of its Marvel cosmetics, ontop of better game design they're used to.

I wonder if people on GameSpot forums will give Nagoshi sans team with Fist of the North Star even remotely the same level of praise.

GuilhermeMuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#36  Edited By GuilhermeMuck
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

Age of empires DE

Goat83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Goat83
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

Spider-Man for PS4. It may not be GotY worthy, but it is pretty close. The webslinging and fighting mechanics are amazing.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Macutchi

@RSM-HQ said:
@Macutchi said:

The weird thing is I wonder if Spider Man was ever actually viewed as a GotY contender realistically, and how it was ever claimed to be so? . . I get the feeling a group of Marvel/ PlayStation fans overhyped the game, just as they do the movies respectfully.

Spider Man(PS4) never looked from what I've viewed as a defining game of a console generation. However what can't be overlooked is it's a licensed game done by a creditable developer, which is a rare thing. As many know licensed games for the majority, are terrible.

I cannot speak for how it plays, but my natural assumption is it's not actually better in quality or game design than Insomniacs other game projects. Which I rarely see anyone on GD show interest in.

Many are just viewing it as such because of its Marvel cosmetics, ontop of better game design they're used to.

I wonder if people on GameSpot forums will give Nagoshi sans team with Fist of the North Star even remotely the same level of praise.

i can totally see why some people would love it, particularly die-hard spidey fans.

my only real issue with it is the lack of fundamental originality. under the hood it's very similar to ubisoft's open world template. i understand that insomniac wanted to play it safe and keep it familiar but, as someone who really dislikes ubisoft's style, it's disappointing. arkham asylum felt new and fresh. this feels, dare i say it, a little stale

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RSM-HQ

@Macutchi: The 'games like Ubisoft' in reference means it's a barren wasteland right?

Well I think you've been more honest than most about Spider Man (PS4). And it's appreciated_

You'd think a game developed by Insomniac, about a Biped Spider swinging around a whole city would have some interesting extra activities and content.

Reads like many the generic sandbox games we've had from the past five or so years.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58505 Posts

Recently? Like the past week or two?

Hmmm I am [still] playing Factorio, god that game sucks up so much time and makes it fly by like nothing. It's my day off today, so I sat down around 3:30 PM or so and before I knew it, it was 8:00PM!

Umm what else:

I gave Shadows: Awakening a try; it's a very cool isometric action-RPG with a really neat gameplay mechanism; without giving too much away, you play a demon who possesses souls of various warriors, rogues, and mages and you can swap to them with the press of a key. However, you can swap to your demon character who lives in the shadow realm, so like you can possess a barbarian warrior and right when an enemy is about to attack, swap to the demon, buff all your souls with a skill, move behind the enemy, then go back to the barbarian (you can't attack live enemies whilst in the shadow realm), and then attack from behind. It's pretty neat, a bit jarring at first swapping to many uniquely different characters so suddenly, but really fun. Great presentation, kind of reminds me of Torchlight and Grim Dawn.

I also re-subscribed to Star Wars: The Old Republic, kind of disappointed really; I had fond memories but now that I went back, see how the game has decayed...it's a reality check. Honestly, if I were a new player, I'd be loving it because all the characters and stories are excellent (it's basically as close as we are going to get to KOTOR 3...), but this game has nothing for the returning player. I don't know why I gave it another go :( So disappointing; it's a really fun game but they just killed the community.

That's about it for now. I've got a few more games like PREY, Rise to Ruins, and some others I'm dabbling in but the above three have been my meat and potatoes recently. I keep wanting to go back to the PS4 but ever time I fire it up...I'm sorry, but God of War is so. damn. Boring! There, I said it; had to get that off my chest.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Macutchi

@RSM-HQ said:

@Macutchi: The 'games like Ubisoft' in reference means it's a barren wasteland right?

Well I think you've been more honest than most about Spider Man (PS4). And it's appreciated_

You'd think a game developed by Insomniac, about a Biped Spider swinging around a whole city would have some interesting extra activities and content.

Reads like many the generic sandbox games we've had from the past five or so years.

the ubisoft reference is more the generic sandbox style you mention.

a map littered with side quests and markers, climb a tower to unlock a portion of the map, mini games, qtes, hold down a single button to parkour, collectibles, skill points, levelling up etc. it's exactly how ubisoft design their games. the only thing missing is the semi circle detection meter on the ui which ubi games have.

the good news is that these elements are stitched together far more cohesively and effectively in spiderman than any ubi game i've played. the pacing of the main story is good and the side content is more plausible, meaningful and fun.

it's not as polished as hzd (one of your personal faves iirc*) which, in my opinion, took the tired open world template and made it feel thoughtful and considered across its spectrum of features and mechanics. but it's definitely of overall higher quality than the likes of assassin's creed, far cry, watch dogs and ghost recon

* couldn't resist, sorry ;)

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RSM-HQ
@Macutchi said:

the pacing of the main story is good and the side content is more plausible, meaningful and fun.

Reads a lot like God of War IV in which I enjoyed doing the main story, but never went back to do side activities because they came across as repetitive. And considering the game (GoWIV) expects me to walk for long distances for no reason other than to show off a good looking game that comes across as patronising.

it's not as polished as MH:W (one of your personal faves iirc*)

Fixed that for you (^-^)

But on that latter game if you recall I wasn't exactly awful on Horizon, just said it was more a third person shooter (like Tomb Raider) than an Action RPG like Monster Hunter. I had expectations after Guerrilla Games compared it to the MH franchise at opening e3 interviews. Clearly the project went through a lot of changes. And if you're very happy with the end product? That's great, it's still good at what it is, but what I expected it to be, it's not. If that makes sense_

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Macutchi

@RSM-HQ said:
@Macutchi said:

the pacing of the main story is good and the side content is more plausible, meaningful and fun.

(GoWIV) expects me to walk for long distances for no reason other than to show off a good looking game that comes across as patronising.

that's a really good shout. upon reflection i felt that way too.

@RSM-HQ said:

Fixed that for you (^-^)

But on that latter game if you recall I wasn't exactly awful on Horizon, just said it was more a third person shooter (like Tomb Raider) than an Action RPG like Monster Hunter. I had expectations after Guerrilla Games compared it to the MH franchise at opening e3 interviews. Clearly the project went through a lot of changes. And if you're very happy with the end product? That's great, it's still good at what it is, but what I expected it to be, it's not. If that makes sense_

yeah i know it wasn't quite the game you expected. of course we all have different tastes. but i'm confident if you were to play, say, assassin's creed origins and then compare it to hzd, you'd prefer the latter and recognise the difference in attention to detail and general quality

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

I have been playing Empyrion - Galactic Survival for about a week now.

That and some Green Hell.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 RSM-HQ
@Macutchi said:

yeah i know it wasn't quite the game you expected. of course we all have different tastes. but i'm confident if you were to play, say, assassin's creed origins and then compare it to hzd, you'd prefer the latter and recognise the difference in attention to detail and general quality

More accurately at the time was coming off TPS fatigue. Simply played Horizon at the wrong time, and expected a very different experience. Always planned to return to Horizon one day more open minded, still have my savedata which is about six hours in.

And haven't played an Assassins Creed since AC2, so Origins is very unlikely. Don't recall disliking the game I even liked the dungeons, just rarely a fan of games that are built around simplicity over choice, and depth.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

Finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider yesterday... great game. And a fitting end to the trilogy.

Teress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Teress
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

@sarahelva_artdesigner: well today I played Fortnite.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1679 Posts

This last week has been Forza H2, PUBG and Blood Bowl 2. I tend to rotate between 3 or 4 games at a time.