Why Do People Say They Hate The Wii U?/Do You Hate The Wii U?

OneLonelyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By OneLonelyGamer
Member since 2018 • 2 Posts

I know, I know. Several people already asked this question. The Wii U isn't THAT good but at least it works. (I'm talking to YOU, Game and Watch.) I'm also doing this survey, as it says in the title. If you did both, thank you!

Sincerely,

Me

(Dear Evan Hansen :P)

CrunchyMix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 CrunchyMix
Member since 2018 • 23 Posts

Wii U is a spectacular console with a ton of amazing games. It mostly had a marketing problem. At least some of its great games are getting a second life on Switch.

My family still plays Nintendo Land, Smash and other games on the Wii U at get togethers.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#2 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I still have the Wii U. But I have not played it in ages. I don't hate Nintendo for it.

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

I hated that Nintendo abandoned it so quickly and that it was badly marketed.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

I don’t hate my WiiU, but it was a system I’ve already packed up and it’s software was kinda ‘meh’ for my taste. I think it turned me off the Nintendo brand as I have no desire to buy a Switch anytime soon and I don’t think I’ve ever paused to think about buying a 3DS.

qx0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By qx0d
Member since 2018 • 333 Posts

I've never played the Wii U.

But from what I've heard... many people didn't understand what the Wii U was. People didn't know it was a new console. They thought it was an add-on to the original Wii.

In addition, there was a lack of games for it.

It's no one's fault but Nintendo's, that they failed to even explain what the Wii U is. And with a name like Wii U, no wonder everyone thought it was just an add-on. Wii 2 would've made a lot more sense. The controller also confused people.

The name, no explanation of what the system is, lack of games, weird controller, etc, are all part of why Wii U failed.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34654 Posts

Where's the poll?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#8 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I had slight interest in the Wii-U a year or two before it went kaput, but it was kind of fleeting interest because the system didn't really have enough big, hit games. I remember being interested in NSMBU, Windwaker, Pikmin 3, Smash Bros., The Wonderful 101, Disney Infinity and, much later, Mario Maker. But that was about it. I probably would have gotten MK8, Twilight Princess and definitely BotW too. Outside of that it was mostly VC offerings. Not an awful selection, but not a great selection.

Another major issue was that the hardware looked extremely clunky and outdated. And as with the Wii, there were tons of these extra accessories you needed to buy for certain games. I get that it's still the same case with the Switch - pro controllers and Gamecube controllers and rumble things for the joypads - though you can comfortably play most games with the included joycons, and play in three different ways with the joycons.

In retrospect, there was almost no reason to own the Wii-U now. The Switch has ported over most of the system's best offerings. Mario Maker remains the main sticking point.

Arsality294

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9 Arsality294
Member since 2018 • 19 Posts

Many who hate wii u don't actually have one

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

Forcing you to buy a giant portable console thingy annoyed people.

Everyone knew it was a new console.

It just needed a standard controller and a load of 3rd party 'fun' games that were not shitty Nintendo 1st party gams of which I have no interest.

But N's license fee's once again pissed off the entire industry and so the console got hardly any games.

A pity because the PS3 and xbox360 are too large in form for my taste using up too much space and have power which I would not use, not being interested in AAA games.

Kershawakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kershawakanda
Member since 2019 • 7 Posts

I still have Wii U but I don't often play it. It is a waste of time.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2079 Posts

I found the WII U to be more confusing than fun.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7254 Posts

Its a strange console at the start it had some great 3rd party support but support fell off so quick and never recovered. It had some outstanding games like wind waker hd,3D world, tropical freeze and mk 8 to name a few. The marketing strategy has to be questioned it was very poor for a company like Nintendo. All in all it's a shame it ended before it started for the system.

OneLonelyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OneLonelyGamer
Member since 2018 • 2 Posts

Here's my personal experience with the Wii U.

I got the Wii U when it came out, since being a kid when a console comes out? Kids get crazy. Anyways, me and my brother were hyped. We got Nintendo Land (I hated that game) Sm4sh, Wind Waker HD, and Super Mario Maker. It was pretty cool to play, but it wasn't as exciting as the Wii. I just felt it was a remake of it. Nonetheless, I loved playing on my Wii U - Especially Smash Bros.

Thanks. Now I understand the mixed feelings about the Wii U. I hope it WON'T die in a fire and live like the Wii.