mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1601 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23053 Posts

It's so weird that the rationale spurred by multiple criminal charges from multiple jurisdictions isn't, "this guy is a criminal," but rather, "all these charges are fake."

MAGA is going to have its own chapter in psychology textbooks in a couple decades along with a Venn diagram showing it's overlap with people who believe the earth is flat and aliens built the pyramids.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1602 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38691 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

It's so weird that the rationale spurred by multiple criminal charges from multiple jurisdictions isn't, "this guy is a criminal," but rather, "all these charges are fake."

MAGA is going to have its own chapter in psychology textbooks in a couple decades along with a Venn diagram showing it's overlap with people who believe the earth is flat and aliens built the pyramids.

reminds me of when bill cosby was under investigation. the typical response was the opposite. basically, there were so many victims, it seems incredibly unlikely it's all just false accusations.

we live in strange times.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1603 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56401 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@davillain said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@sargentd: No it's not surprising. The GOP bought the court. But trump isn't going to win.

We'll see about that.

MAGA? He doesn't have Independent support and he's hemorrhaging GOP support. Only Magas support him at this point. Women are against him as well.

I mean, the last time we underestimated Trump, and look what happened. He won.

I'm only saying, if we're not careful, history will repeat itself.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1604 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59317 Posts

I say.

https://twitter.com/stuzi_pants/status/1765288590337032578

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1605 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127526 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

I say.

Wasn't it her idea with the space lasers`

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1607 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178872 Posts

@horgen said:
@uninspiredcup said:

I say.

MTG? Absolutely. She's also classless.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1608 horgen  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:
@horgen said:
@uninspiredcup said:

I say.

MTG? Absolutely. She's also classless.

Competing with god emperor Trump.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1609  Edited By mattbbpl

Trump posted a neatly 92 million dollar bond for the Carroll defamation case today. That allows him to appeal and avoid asset seizures.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1610 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2150 Posts

elon must have come through on this one.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1611  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19599 Posts

So Trump now owes $90 million to someone, and we don't really know what favours he has to grant them back.

Naturally that makes him unfit to be president, since you should never elect someone who will use their government position to pay off their personal debts.

*edit* Oh, I totally missed that Trump met with Victor Orban the day before posting bail. Orban is a Putin puppet dictator that has been trying to strengthen Europe's alliance with Russia and China, so it's no surprise that he's best friends with Trump.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1612  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58503 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

Trump posted a neatly 92 million dollar bond for the Carroll defamation case today. That allows him to appeal and avoid asset seizures.

@rmpumper said:

Was curious who paid for this, found this after an initial search:

But the question on everyone’s mind is, how did Trump get that money together? He appears to be struggling to post bond in his multiple lawsuits and reportedly only has about $413 million in liquid assets. That’s not nearly enough to cover everything he owes in legal fines.

It turns out that Trump may have called in a major favor: Court records filed Friday show that the bond was guaranteed by the Chubb Corporation, an insurance group. In 2018, Trump appointed Chubb’s CEO Evan Greenberg to a White House advisory committee for trade policy and negotiations.

Link

Hmm...

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1613 mattbbpl

@mrbojangles25: Well, that's alarming....

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1614  Edited By mrbojangles25

@mattbbpl said:

Yeah, I guess there is always going to be a market and a price for politicians no matter the circumstances. This is just so blatant and in the face of everyone, though, it's kind of shocking.

Really says a lot not just about our politics, but our financial climate; if people are so wealthy that they are free of consequences such as penalties of tens of millions of dollars (or at least free from feeling the consequences), what's even the point? Or how do we penalize them in a way they actually feel?

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1615 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3503 Posts

MAGA is truly a cancer.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1616  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8383 Posts
Loading Video...

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1617 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15594 Posts

@sargentd: From now on every time I see a shitty AI Trump image I'm going to post a real image of him playing tennis looking dumpy and with a clear outline of his adult diaper, to offset the exposure.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1618 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8383 Posts

@Vaasman: lol!

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1619 horgen  Moderator

@mrbojangles25 said:
@mattbbpl said:

Yeah, I guess there is always going to be a market and a price for politicians no matter the circumstances. This is just so blatant and in the face of everyone, though, it's kind of shocking.

Really says a lot not just about our politics, but our financial climate; if people are so wealthy that they are free of consequences such as penalties of tens of millions of dollars (or at least free from feeling the consequences), what's even the point? Or how do we penalize them in a way they actually feel?

I guess that's why Sarge is trying to get focus away from it now.

How long is the appeal believed to take? I mean he has still lost, but I guess if he manage to lower the amount it is still a win.... "yuge win".

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1620 Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1040 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@mattbbpl said:

@rmpumper said:

Was curious who paid for this, found this after an initial search:

But the question on everyone’s mind is, how did Trump get that money together? He appears to be struggling to post bond in his multiple lawsuits and reportedly only has about $413 million in liquid assets. That’s not nearly enough to cover everything he owes in legal fines.

It turns out that Trump may have called in a major favor: Court records filed Friday show that the bond was guaranteed by the Chubb Corporation, an insurance group. In 2018, Trump appointed Chubb’s CEO Evan Greenberg to a White House advisory committee for trade policy and negotiations.

Link

Hmm...

I guess the people who spam "Drain the Swamp" are going to be very hush hush about this.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1621 horgen  Moderator

@robertos: Still the big fish remains.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1622  Edited By mrbojangles25

This is why billionaires shouldn't exist. No one should have that much money, wealth, and power. No one should be so enormous in that way they bring others into their orbit, so they say "We can't let _ fail, he is too important". If the most you could have was someone with a few million, you're no longer too big too fail: instead, you're too little to risk one's neck for. You screw up, you're done.

Apologies to all the mega-yacht manufacturers out there, but that's just how I feel🙄

I swear to god, no matter the outcome here, if at the end of this ordeal when the lawsuits are done and in 10-20 years Trump and Biden are dead, if we don't seriously assess the way we use money in our political and legal system, we are a lost cause I am afraid.

I love our political system as a concept and I think it's something worth defending and fighting for but the way it's been used and abused is just disgraceful.

Sorry, not constructive, just needed to vent.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1623 LJS9502_basic

@mrbojangles25: Have to blame the Supreme Court for the money in politics.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#1624  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

This is why billionaires shouldn't exist. No one should have that much money, wealth, and power. No one should be so enormous in that way they bring others into their orbit, so they say "We can't let _ fail, he is too important". If the most you could have was someone with a few million, you're no longer too big too fail: instead, you're too little to risk one's neck for. You screw up, you're done.

Apologies to all the mega-yacht manufacturers out there, but that's just how I feel🙄

I swear to god, no matter the outcome here, if at the end of this ordeal when the lawsuits are done and in 10-20 years Trump and Biden are dead, if we don't seriously assess the way we use money in our political and legal system, we are a lost cause I am afraid.

I love our political system as a concept and I think it's something worth defending and fighting for but the way it's been used and abused is just disgraceful.

Where should the limit be set then for how much income one can make?

Should there be a limit for how much a corporation can make?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1625  Edited By mrbojangles25
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I don't know, where do you think the limit should be set?

Someone smarter than I am can probably come up with a formula where a CEO get's X % as salary, Y % as stock options, and Z % as bonus (be it performance bonus or a golden parachute), but then there is a hard cap if X+Y+Z exceeds a total % of the companies profit *shrug*

But if you want my simple answer, I'd say...I don't know, how about we cap at $5 million a year? Let's start there.

Before you go defending the rich, let me ask you: do you know what the difference is between $1 million and $1 billion? It's pretty much $1 billion. Let that sink in...especially after you think about just how much you could do with $1 million.

Sincerely,

Comrade Bojangles

PS: EAT THE RICH 😈

😋

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1626  Edited By mrbojangles25
@LJS9502_basic said:

And Mitch McConnell for Citizens United, I believe that was his baby.

But yes, the SC too for sure. I am really really really concerned about the Supreme Court, especially if the GOP wins one of the next two elections. They could stack the court with a some young conservatives justices. You know Clarence would retire if they demanded it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1627 LJS9502_basic

@mrbojangles25 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

But yes, the SC too for sure. I am really really really concerned about the Supreme Court, especially if the GOP wins one of the next two elections. They could stack the court with a some young conservatives justices. You know Clarence would retire if they demanded it.

He should be removed from the bench. Disgusting that his corruption is allowed.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1628 horgen  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

He should be removed from the bench. Disgusting that his corruption is allowed.

Honorary white guy as long as he is a SC justice. I wonder how long it will last once he steps down.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1629  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I don't know, where do you think the limit should be set?

Someone smarter than I am can probably come up with a formula where a CEO get's X % as salary, Y % as stock options, and Z % as bonus (be it performance bonus or a golden parachute), but then there is a hard cap if X+Y+Z exceeds a total % of the companies profit *shrug*

But if you want my simple answer, I'd say...I don't know, how about we cap at $5 million a year? Let's start there.

Before you go defending the rich, let me ask you: do you know what the difference is between $1 million and $1 billion? It's pretty much $1 billion. Let that sink in...especially after you think about just how much you could do with $1 million.

Sincerely,

Comrade Bojangles

PS: EAT THE RICH 😈

😋

Comrade!

Any limit seems rather arbitrary. I mean you and I can work our asses off and yet there's still folks out there making 10s of thousands every month selling used garments and such... the issue of "fairness" doesn't ever truly ring a bell to me.

edit: on second approach, if I could make 10s of thousands selling my used garments... not saying I would, but there would be a consideration.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1630 Vaasman

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Comrade!

Any limit seems rather arbitrary. I mean you and I can work our asses off and yet there's still folks out there making 10s of thousands every month selling used garments and such... the issue of "fairness" doesn't ever truly ring a bell to me.

edit: on second approach, if I could make 10s of thousands selling my used garments... not saying I would, but there would be a consideration.

If the top 1% was able to be taxed out of all the wealth they have in speculative markets, real estate, and other tax dodgy shit, they would be able to provide trillions in revenue instantly without a single change to their current income or lifestyle.

If the bottom 99% was taxed for that same amount there would be mass panic and economic crash, as everyone went into horrible crippling debt and then burn down all the billionaire doomsday mansions.

That doesn't sound like "any limit seems rather arbitrary" to me.

At a certain point it just doesn't matter how wealthy you get, you won't even really notice increasing wealth anymore, and the concept of how much money you actually have falls apart.

Put another way, if you are trying to build a moat of fire around a mansion to keep out the poors, it's not arbitrary anymore, you should be taxed into oblivion.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1631 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@Vaasman said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Comrade!

If the top 1% was able to be taxed out of all the wealth they have in speculative markets, real estate, and other tax dodgy shit, they would be able to provide trillions in revenue instantly without a single change to their current income or lifestyle.

If the bottom 99% was taxed for that same amount there would be mass panic and economic crash, as everyone went into horrible crippling debt and then burn down all the billionaire doomsday mansions.

That doesn't sound like "any limit seems rather arbitrary" to me.

At a certain point it just doesn't matter how wealthy you get, you won't even really notice increasing wealth anymore, and the concept of how much money you actually have falls apart.

Put another way, if you are trying to build a moat of fire around a mansion to keep out the poors, it's not arbitrary anymore, you should be taxed into oblivion.

Ah yes, the whole take from the rich to give to the poor! A classic, comrade! Why only the top 1%? Why not the top 1.23%? Or perhaps the top .123%? Why only unrealized gains? Why not the savings too? In the end, it's always the have-nots weeping in envy over those who have.

But mom it's not fair! Meanwhile, in the two apartments I've hit in a week, I've dealt with 6 adults ranging from 24 to 57 that do not work and spend their days living off the safety nets of the government while their roommate sexually abused children. Six adults. None of them work and each collect their monthly stipends paid for by my fellow comrade jangles and I.

That moat is hilarious. I had a similar conversation with my wife actually, you wouldn't immediately know if I had come into a large sum of money, but there would be signs.

"Hey honey, I parked my new gun in the garage."

"You parked what?"

A moat of fire seems impractical though. First of all, you're lighting a beacon for the region to see... BEACONS ARE LIT. GONDOR CALLS FOR AID.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1632  Edited By comp_atkins

@Vaasman: jokes on zuck, who's going to be clicking all those facebook ads when we're all dead?

also LOL, instead of using their resources to potentially alleviate problems, they use them to hide from them.

classy.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1633 LJS9502_basic

@Stevo_the_gamer: Nothing wrong with expecting taxes to be paid on ALL income. That's not taking from the rich but they've been taking from the rest of America long enough.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1634 comp_atkins

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: Nothing wrong with expecting taxes to be paid on ALL income. That's not taking from the rich but they've been taking from the rest of America long enough.

eh. not to get technical but are unrealized gains actually income though?

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1635  Edited By Vaasman
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

In the end, it's always the have-nots weeping in envy over those who have.

Compelling stuff.

By the same token I don't see any problems with stabbing people, because only the ones being stabbed are complaining. The guys with the knives seem fine with it.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1636  Edited By Robertos

Yawn, tired and pretty much settled "debate". Trickle down is proven not to work going by countless studies. Wealthy tax would likely improve conditions going by studies.

But that's all off-topic, lets move it back. This overgrown thumb is throwing Trump under the bus,

Loading Video...
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1637 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@Vaasman said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

In the end, it's always the have-nots weeping in envy over those who have.

Compelling stuff.

By the same token I don't see any problems with stabbing people, because only the ones being stabbed are complaining. The guys with the knives seem fine with it.

I mean you do you, comrade. :)

@LJS9502_basic said:

I certainly look forward to the taxes owed option when I Venmo someone a few bucks... maybe it's already there! Uh oh.

But true, someone has to pay for all the freeloaders of society.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1638 horgen  Moderator

@comp_atkins said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Can be used to get loans.. So the money is there?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1639 LJS9502_basic

@horgen said:
@comp_atkins said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Also property taxes are raised even though the house wasn't sold. There that's an arbitrary unrealized gain that is taxed.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1640 LJS9502_basic

@comp_atkins said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

So property taxes then. I pay on unrealized gains every time I pay property tax. Why are the wealthy exempt?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1641 horgen  Moderator

Has Trump fully hijacked the RNC now?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1642 LJS9502_basic

@horgen said:

Yep. And I imagine the money they get goes to him. Donations are down for Republicans already.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1643  Edited By comp_atkins

@LJS9502_basic said:
@comp_atkins said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

So property taxes then. I pay on unrealized gains every time I pay property tax. Why are the wealthy exempt?

fair enough. guess the next question would be is a federal government empowered to tax property as states are?

@horgen said:
@comp_atkins said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

yup, sblocs are a thing. not contesting that it's not wealth.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1644  Edited By Vaasman

Dump catches a "break" as his conviction for hush money payment for cheating on his wife with a pornstar is likely to be delayed 1 month.

The USAO conveniently dumped 31,000 pages of evidence, likely at the request of the defense. It was requested by the prosecution that they secure them ages ago but they didn't bother until now. Unfortunately it'll probably work as a delay unless the judge insists on moving forward, which is a bad idea if they want an airtight prosecution with 0 appeal room.

Really just the most ridiculous shit ever. Apparently if you are so criminal that you leave an infinite trail of evidence you just can't be tried ever.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1645  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19599 Posts

There's been some buzz around the documents case recently.

It looks like one of Trump's employees has flipped and admitted that they moved boxes full of documents out of Mar-A-Lago just before the Feds raided the place. Which we already knew - it's all laid out in the indictment - but it's always nice to have more evidence of the crime.

Meanwhile, Trump went on camera and admitted he took the documents. He said he took them legally and wasnt hiding them, even though he obviously was, so that's more ammunition for Smith's case.

I guess it won't matter if he has bought off the judge - but if anyone actually cares about the law, it's nice to see the case against him get stronger every time Trump or his co-workers open their mouths.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1647 horgen  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:
@horgen said:

Yep. And I imagine the money they get goes to him. Donations are down for Republicans already.

Gotta be bad for all the lesser known Reublicans.. Down ballots or whatever.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1648  Edited By SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6965 Posts

Fani Willis gets to stay on but gets chastised by the judge for a shocking lack of judgement and inappropriate testimony.

Prosecutor Wade will be removed.

Trial will likely get significantly delayed. Shitshow via a self inflicted wound by Fani Willis.

In what world is it a good idea to sleep with your employee? Way to (literally) fcuk this whole proceeding.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1649  Edited By Robertos
@SUD123456 said:

Fani Willis gets to stay on but gets chastised by the judge for a shocking lack of judgement and inappropriate testimony.

Trial will likely get significantly delayed. Shitshow via a self inflicted wound by Fani Willis.

In what world is it a good idea to sleep with your employee? Way to (literally) fcuk this whole proceeding.

It's all so stupid, because evidence is extraordinary and it seemed like such an easy win. They just had to go and do dumb things that had nothing to do with the case.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1650 comp_atkins

@SUD123456 said:

yup. what a dope.

HUGELY high profile case and she pulls dumb shit like this.