I was about to have a heart attack!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slackersunited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 slackersunited
Member since 2004 • 1685 Posts
I was taking a look at the inside of my computer and noticed that the main case fan wasn't spinning.  Mind you that my bro built my computer for me, so I had very little knowledge on building them.  Anyway, I turned off my comp, and decided to connect the power cable of the fan to one of the double headed cables that was free. When I tried to turn on my computer, it wouldln't turn on.  I began to panick.  This computer is expensive and I didn't want to spend a lot of money buying new parts.  I tried looking at what  I unplgged, hoping that it was just a wire and that the motherboard wasn't damaged.  After looking around for 15 minutes, I noticed that the wire that says "power sw" was unplugged.  I wasn't sure where it went.  After looking at the board for 20 minutes I noticed where it possibly went.  I tried to plug it in, but the space was too damn small for my had to fit in.  15 minutes later i put it in.  I pressed the reset button thinking it was the power button, and nothing happened. I was going to cry myself to sleep.  A second later I realized I pressed the wrong one, and then wallaaah, my PC turned on.  NOw with a working fan!
PhileasFogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PhileasFogg
Member since 2004 • 1911 Posts
oh... I thought your story was going to end with you touching the  powercable and getting yourself (almost) electrocuted...
Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Taegukki
Member since 2005 • 13241 Posts
And we need to know this...why? Keep it in your blog young padawan.
Thorpe89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#4 Thorpe89
Member since 2004 • 16905 Posts
Glad to see you're not on the floor having a heart attack now. :)
nickisthemost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nickisthemost
Member since 2005 • 921 Posts
sigh victim of internet
Caffeine_Trip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Caffeine_Trip
Member since 2006 • 3390 Posts
I was thinking about suicide when my windows partition wouldn't load because of a messed up boot sector a few hours ago. Thankfully I got it working. I seriously would consider suicide if all 50gb of music, 20 something GB of videos, and about 300mb of aim messenger logs got deleted, along with everything else.
Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Taegukki
I was thinking about suicide when my windows partition wouldn't load because of a messed up boot sector a few hours ago. Thankfully I got it working. I seriously would consider suicide if all 50gb of music, 20 something GB of videos, and about 300mb of aim messenger logs got deleted, along with everything else.Caffeine_Trip
You should probably buy an external harddrive and back up everything...
Caffeine_Trip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Caffeine_Trip
Member since 2006 • 3390 Posts
[QUOTE="Caffeine_Trip"]I was thinking about suicide when my windows partition wouldn't load because of a messed up boot sector a few hours ago. Thankfully I got it working. I seriously would consider suicide if all 50gb of music, 20 something GB of videos, and about 300mb of aim messenger logs got deleted, along with everything else.Taegukki
You should probably buy an external harddrive and back up everything...

I have no money, and if I did I'd spend it on something that I really want to but shouldn't.
Frogman929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Frogman929
Member since 2005 • 2424 Posts
And we need to know this...why? Keep it in your blog young padawan.Taegukki
ooh la laaa registered member can tell the padawans what to do. RISE UP AND CRUSH THE INFIDELS!!!! THE REGISTERED MEMBERS SHALL BE DESTROYED!
Mercury88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mercury88
Member since 2005 • 5674 Posts
oh... I thought your story was going to end with you touching the  powercable and getting yourself (almost) electrocuted... PhileasFogg
So did I, I feel a little disappointed now....
dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts
OMG NO WAI WAT HAPPND!???
Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Taegukki
[QUOTE="Taegukki"]And we need to know this...why? Keep it in your blog young padawan.Frogman929
ooh la laaa registered member can tell the padawans what to do. RISE UP AND CRUSH THE INFIDELS!!!! THE REGISTERED MEMBERS SHALL BE DESTROYED!

No, I cant tell you guys what to do but this kind of topic is not allowed. Blog worthy topics are almost always locked. Its late at night though so the mods wont even see this topic most likely...
Resident_Hiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Resident_Hiro
Member since 2007 • 149 Posts
I was going to share my experience of getting shocked by a spark plug but you ruined it
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115434 Posts
glad to hear that you havent died yet
Edgemaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Edgemaster666
Member since 2005 • 1686 Posts
oh... I thought your story was going to end with you touching the powercable and getting yourself (almost) electrocuted... PhileasFogg
Same. Would have been more interesting as well :P.
The_Vampress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16 The_Vampress
Member since 2006 • 6472 Posts

well, when you do inevitably, have a "heart attack," can I have your heart to give to my pet werewolf? it's been such a long time since she's had a treat.

Jagg3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Jagg3d
Member since 2007 • 773 Posts

lol I took it the wrong way too I thought you were literally having a heart attack... zounds!

Abdullahcoolyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Abdullahcoolyo
Member since 2004 • 1967 Posts
I was taking a look at the inside of my computer and noticed that the main case fan wasn't spinning. Mind you that my bro built my computer for me, so I had very little knowledge on building them. Anyway, I turned off my comp, and decided to connect the power cable of the fan to one of the double headed cables that was free. When I tried to turn on my computer, it wouldln't turn on. I began to panick. This computer is expensive and I didn't want to spend a lot of money buying new parts. I tried looking at what I unplgged, hoping that it was just a wire and that the motherboard wasn't damaged. After looking around for 15 minutes, I noticed that the wire that says "power sw" was unplugged. I wasn't sure where it went. After looking at the board for 20 minutes I noticed where it possibly went. I tried to plug it in, but the space was too damn small for my had to fit in. 15 minutes later i put it in. I pressed the reset button thinking it was the power button, and nothing happened. I was going to cry myself to sleep. A second later I realized I pressed the wrong one, and then wallaaah, my PC turned on. NOw with a working fan!
slackersunited
LOL MASHALLAH!!!
Abdullahcoolyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Abdullahcoolyo
Member since 2004 • 1967 Posts
And we need to know this...why? Keep it in your blog young padawan.Taegukki
If you dont like the topic then don't get in it. How hard is that?
kyleali11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kyleali11
Member since 2006 • 11820 Posts
congrats! thats what happened to me when i tryed to upgrade my harddrive
mktazza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points