Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1397 Posts

@THUMPTABLE said:

@gifford38: Woke is just a made up word.

Yes? That doesn't mean it it doesn't have meaning.

Blood and Soil are made up words too. It's the cultural context, the connotation, that gives meaning.

Yea, this subject always causes much denial and deflection.

@gifford38 said:
@Jag85 said:

He doesn't really seem to say much about the conflict in question...

But I guess it's just general good life advice. Instead of spending so much of your time hating another group of people, focus on improving your own life.

we can't improve our life with Biden in. inflation with 5 kids (me) can't get ahead. I make more money now then I ever did yet im more broke then ever. trying to feed them alone is a chore.

My rent went up 800 a mouth electric x2 gas x2.

%&#@ Biden I never hated a president so much in my life.

Reminds me of somebody...

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

User Lists: 0

#52 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19565 Posts

According to Wiki:

Woke is an adjective derived from African-American Vernacular English (AAVE) meaning "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination".

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178849 Posts

@sargentd: No. The DOJ is acting independently as it did except under Trump. He's a criminal. Admit it to yourself is no one else. You worship a corrupt, incompetent POS.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

@sargentd said:

I'm not clueless, I know exactly why your panties are in a bunch.

Who cares if someone calls me a gay jew.

I'll live

Your post reinforces that you are indeed clueless. You dont care, as you are neither gay nor Jewish...and your ability for abstract thought is low. I grant you the new nickname of: Iron Brain (d=M/V)

Trying wearing a rainbow shirt or a kippah or both for a few hours, days, or weeks in your town/city and then get back to us on how long it is before you are insulted, harrassed, or intimidated. Or in an extreme case you may not live to tell us.

Once again I refer you to your wife. You could ask her some basic questions. Like about unwanted touching. Parking in unlit areas. Having her keys in hand walking to the car. Catcalls. Crowded public transit. Girls night at the bar. And a whole host of other related questions. You might learn something from her.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 984 Posts
@gifford38 said:
@Jag85 said:

He doesn't really seem to say much about the conflict in question...

But I guess it's just general good life advice. Instead of spending so much of your time hating another group of people, focus on improving your own life.

we can't improve our life with Biden in.

US handled the Covid caused inflation better than any other G7 nation. In general, Biden's economy is literally better than Trump's and it's not even close. You would be comparing one of the worst vs one of the best in US history.

@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@gifford38 said:

@sargentd: lmao that's an awesome picture of Trump. Everyone is scared of him. Even other contries. That's what America needs right know to make it America again. 🇺🇸 make this flag mean something again.

No one is scared of trump.

Democrats are so scared of him they weaponized the DOJ

Source?

I would possibly believe you if the evidence for each indictment wasn't so vast.

Mar-a-Lago Surveillance Footage Shows Trump Aide Moving Boxes Days Before DOJ Visit - WSJ

Trump’s ‘Fake Electors’ Scheme Detailed in Newly Released Messages - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Southern District of New York | Michael Cohen Sentenced To 3 Years In Prison | United States Department of Justice

Cohen was in put in prison over this in 2018. Who was POTUS? Why is this no longer illegal lol. My brain hurts just trying to make sense of your twisted MAGA logic.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Robertos
@palasta said:
@THUMPTABLE said:

True. You have people calling electric vehicles and vaccines woke, it's the worst kind of deflection really.

But what Arnold said wasn't woke, in any negative connotation at least. Everyone should agree with him.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#57 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59016 Posts

Always liked Arnold, worts and all.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38681 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@sargentd said:
@gifford38 said:

and 2 calling something gay is a gen x thing they are not 12 they are 47 like me. has nothing to do with gay men ever.

It's a millineal thing too, don't let people fool you. I always found it funny people started getting upset about it. Remember people calling everything gay growing up. Had nothing to do with sexual orientation. I remember this gay commercial with Hillary duff and Wanda sykes trying to push to stop calling stuff gay.. the example in the commercial the kids saying it weren't using it to describe sexual orientation either lol. Was a goofy fat pizza man statue lol!

Look I don't want to blow this out of proportion but if you lack the basic sense of empathy to understand why using the term "gay" to describe something as lame or whatever is not cool, you're kind of a failure as a human being. I feel like that's a pretty basic and easy test to pass in the "Am I a decent person?" exam, and if you can't pass it....ooof.

This coming from someone who said "that's gay" a lot as a child, too. Also millennials said it a lot for the record. We were 90's kids, 90's kids said "that's gay" all the time.

But you grow out of it. Or you should. Pity the 47 year old that still says that, it's embarrassing.

when i was younger my friends and i just started saying "that's so canadian" instead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7173 Posts

@robertos said:
@palasta said:
@THUMPTABLE said:

True. You have people calling electric vehicles and vaccines woke, it's the worst kind of deflection really.

But what Arnold said wasn't woke, in any negative connotation at least. Everyone should agree with him.

yeah electric cars is not woke lol. but they are the reason why gas went from 1.88 gallon to 8 dollars first day of Biden was president. heck diesel was 10 bucks a gallon. just to sell more electric cars from china. every democrat forgets that. on top of stopping drilling.

that is when inflation stated and store shelves was empty for almost a year. no one wanted to pay the large fees for delivery.

it was arnold saying any one who refuse to take the vaccine are schmucks and calling Trump the worst president ever. when on fact Trump stands for america and patriot the very way Arnold came to america because of that freedom and was able to become one of most successful body builder and movie actors in the world. he could not do that in his country. now he is a democrat that does not stand for america. he was very patriot with his gas guzzling hummer and action movies. now he is following the woke crowd. with his electric car. lol stallone had enough and is moving to Florida.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Robertos
@gifford38 said:

but they are the reason why gas went from 1.88 gallon to 8 dollars first day of Biden was president.

You're typing fake things.

Gasoline Prices Up Due to Global Supply-Demand Issues, Russian Invasion of Ukraine - FactCheck.org

U.S. presidents have little control over the price that consumers pay for gasoline. As the Energy Information Administration explains, gasoline prices are mainly affected by the price of crude oil, a fossil fuel that is refined into gasoline. And the price of crude oil is set on the global market, based largely on worldwide supply and demand.

When economic activity declined sharply in the U.S. and other countries early in the COVID-19 pandemic, global demand for crude oil declined along with it, leading to a dramatic drop in the price of crude oil and gasoline, and, consequently, a drop in new spending and investments by oil companies. Then, as the global economy began to recover, and people began to resume their regular activities, including travel, global demand for crude oil increased rapidly while the global supply was not able to keep pace.

@gifford38 said:

on top of stopping drilling.

You're typing fake things.

U.S. oil production has hit a record under Biden, but he seldom mentions it - The Washington Post

The United States is producing about 13.2 million barrels of crude oil per day. That is millions of gallons more than is coming out of Saudi Arabia or Russia. It is more oil than was being produced even at its peak during the pro-fossil-fuels administration of former presidentDonald Trump, when production was 13 million barrels a day in November 2019.

@gifford38 said:

it was arnold saying any one who refuse to take the vaccine are schmucks and calling Trump the worst president ever. when on fact Trump stands for america and patriot the very way Arnold came to america because of that freedom and

But he's right, the vaccines worked well. But that has nothing to do with wokeness lol. Calling Trump the worst POTUS ever has nothing to do with wokeness either, many historians agree.

Presidents Day survey: Trump ranked last by historians, Biden 14th (axios.com)

Lives saved by COVID‐19 vaccines - PMC (nih.gov)

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38681 Posts
@gifford38 said:
@robertos said:
@palasta said:
@THUMPTABLE said:

yeah electric cars is not woke lol. but they are the reason why gas went from 1.88 gallon to 8 dollars first day of Biden was president. heck diesel was 10 bucks a gallon. just to sell more electric cars from china. every democrat forgets that. on top of stopping drilling.

lol what?

US produces more oil now than it ever has

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=pet&s=mcrfpus2&f=a

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1397 Posts

@SUD123456 said:
@palasta said:
@SUD123456 said:
@palasta said:
@SUD123456 said:

Please discuss the actual video and what you think of it.

The usual claptrap.

"a horrible loser ideology"

The loser ideology that emerged from the same source as todays loser ideology prevalent in the western world. Very fitting actually, "loser... ideology.

What I found interesting was the degree of empathy he has for these losers. Not what I would call the usual claptrap. Hence my comments on nurture vs nature.

Are you sure you are using the right word? No need for empathy. A rational mind and the necessary information is all i needed. I know how human works. I don't have to speculate. You do. There is no versus in "nature vs. nurture".

Nature vs nurture is a well known phrase with a well understood contextual meaning.

And i told you, it is outdated. Misinformation, scientifically unsound, really irrelevant.

As both "nature" and "nurture" factors were found to contribute substantially, often in an inextricable manner, such views were seen as naive or outdated by most scholars of human development by the 21st century.[7][8][9][10][11]

The strong dichotomy of nature versus nurture has thus been claimed to have limited relevance in some fields of research. Close feedback loops have been found in which nature and nurture influence one another constantly, as seen in self-domestication. In ecology and behavioral genetics, researchers think nurture has an essential influence on the nature of an individual.[12][13] Similarly in other fields, the dividing line between an inherited and an acquired trait becomes unclear, as in epigenetics[14] or fetal development.[15]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nature_versus_nurture

Do you want to follow with "we are more than the sum of our parts" and other phrases?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gestalt_psychology

Yes I am using the right word. He exudes empathy in the video which is abundantly clear.

A rational mind without empathy is often called a psychopath.

If you don't see empathy in that video then you have a problem.

With that cognitive disonance of yours i wouldn't make such claims.

The rest of your post was irrelevant to my comment.

No, it is very relevant. You know the well known phrase... "it's aaall connected, maaan". You're just very limited.