Whats your favourite and least favourite state in US?

• 71 results
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Well ? :)

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts

Sticking only to States I've actually been in....

Favourite: New York

Least Favourite: Delaware

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Favorite: My home state of Michigan. There is just so much awesome contained in Michigan that those who haven't lived here just don't know about. The natural beauty is something to behold, and the ability to just drive a few minutes to find a lake to swim at is something a lot of places simply lack. Add in the Great Lakes, awesome places to camp, a great selection of sports teams, and Michigan based brands like Faygo and Koegels and you got an amazing state. Oh did I mention it is also one of the top 5 states for craft beer?

Least favorite: Florida. I say this state because of the ridiculous justice system it has there and in general the sheer amount of crazy that the state seems to produce. I see Florida as nothing more than an embarrassment to the country with the fucked up shit that goes on down there. Add in to the fact I also see nothing of value in the state (Disneyworld sucks unless you are 7 years old) besides maybe Universal Studios, and you have a state I simply can't stand.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Favorite: My home state of Nevada......northern Nevada. Got my wallpaper to remind me of it.

Least favorite: Don't know. Missouri, perhaps? Every time I passed through there, it looked dreary.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

Favorite: Massachusetts

Least:New York

byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

Favorite:Nevada as well, though, the southern half as I haven't spent much time in the north except Elko. Love how convenient Vegas is and all the outdoor stuff literally surround the city and I love the desert.

Least Favorite: Idaho. It's been a running joke with me and my friends on the attractiveness, or lack thereof, of the women of Idaho. Shallow, but considering how awesome the states are it doesn't take much to bump you down to my least favorite.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

I've never been to the US but I love the fact that it's so big that there are big differences in nature there.
My country (The Netherlands) is so small that that's not the case in our provinces. Except for Limburg, that one is probably the prettiest with it's hills in the southern part.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Favourite: New York or California
Least: One of the flyover Republican states probably

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

I don't know much about individual states, but I'd like to visit Washington and Seattle. To my surprise, Texas seems like an interesting place to visit, to experience firsthand something that is actually exclusively "American". That's of course regardless of what the state itself stands for in terms of social norms and overall values. Oh and I would LOVE to visit Alaska. Actually Alaska would be the state that I'd like to truly visit. Strange place it seems to me.

States that I wouldn't want to set foot in would include Mississippi, Florida and in general Bible thumping belt.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

I got a bone to pick with all those states in the middle of the US. You are 1000's of miles away from the ocean that is weird!

Favorite: because of laws and regulation District of Colombia. (Florida for the setting)

Least: New Jersey yeah its as bad as people make it out to be

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Can't say right now but hopefully in the next few years I can give you an answer.

TeknoBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By TeknoBug
Member since 2011 • 386 Posts

United states

but seriously,

Favorite: Montana

Least: probably Ohio.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

My home state, Atlanta GA is my favorite state. Atlanta knows how to party and Georgia is the only state that starts with a G.

Least favorite would be Virginia. Too many Mountains, not much activity to go about and it always snow up there. I have family living in Virginia but I hate going up there when it's time to go see my folks up there.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

They all seems to be pretty damn crappy. I think I would enjoy California because of the climate though.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

Ever since I played Hitman Blood Money, I've had a thing for Mississippi (The death on The Mississippi chapter....) The Last of Us has made me fall for Jackson County as well. No reason to hate any states or cities as yet.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

All are pretty bad. It's like picking your favorite rotten apple.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#17  Edited By Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

@GazaAli said:

I don't know much about individual states, but I'd like to visit Washington and Seattle. To my surprise, Texas seems like an interesting place to visit, to experience firsthand something that is actually exclusively "American". That's of course regardless of what the state itself stands for in terms of social norms and overall values. Oh and I would LOVE to visit Alaska. Actually Alaska would be the state that I'd like to truly visit. Strange place it seems to me.

States that I wouldn't want to set foot in would include Mississippi, Florida and in general Bible thumping belt.

Great choices, I have also always wanted to go to Washington and Alaska (I live in the U.S. anyway lol)

Though, because I am a (very non-Bible Thumping) Southerner, I have to say that the abundance of Bible Thumpers is not worth avoiding this place entirely. I live in Tennessee, and Nashville is actually a pretty awesome city. It's clean (well, as clean as a big city can get at least), there are some decent attractions, the people are friendlier than you might think (I recently had some visitors from California who mentioned how they discovered that 'Southern Hospitality' is a real thing). Of course, you have other great cities like Atlanta (in the state of Georgia) and the nice city of New Orleans (in the state of Louisiana) which is considered the main cultural hub of the south. Florida is also a nice state, and Miami is frequently considered to be among the nicer cities in the U.S. to visit.

But definitely avoid Mississippi. Yeah.

Maybe I'm typing too much here, but I just thought I should say something on the subject :P

TL;DR version: The Bible Thumpers are abundant here, but not nearly noticeable or annoying enough to avoid this place altogether. In general, the people are friendlier than people who haven't been here realize.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@themajormayor said:

They all seems to be pretty damn crappy. I think I would enjoy California because of the climate though.

You talk like California is a tiny place with just one climate.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jun_aka_pekto

@TheWalkingGhost said:

And where are you from again?

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#20 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

Oh my god.

I just spent half an hour typing out four paragraphs describing what I thought of each state I have been to.

And it didn't post.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16880 Posts

@playmynutz said:

I got a bone to pick with all those states in the middle of the US. You are 1000's of miles away from the ocean that is weird!

Favorite: because of laws and regulation District of Colombia. (Florida for the setting)

Least: New Jersey yeah its as bad as people make it out to be

What part of Jersey did you visit?

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheWalkingGhost

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

I see what you are doing, and where I am from doesn't matter. But since you asked, Southern California as I have stated before. Not that it matters.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

I see what you are doing, and where I am from doesn't matter. But since you asked, Southern California as I have stated before. Not that it matters.

It's a simple question with no hidden agenda behind it. If I have something more I would've mentioned it right off the bat.

Perhaps my question should have been, "You've been to all 50 states?"

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Favorite: Colorado

Lease Favorite: Washington DC

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheWalkingGhost

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

It's a simple question with no hidden agenda behind it. If I have something more I would've mentioned it right off the bat.

Perhaps my question should have been, "You've been to all 50 the state states?"

It was phrased oddly. I haven't been to all 50 states, but have enough knowledge of them and this country to know there isn't big enough difference to really matter.

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheWalkingGhost

@doozie78 said:

Favorite: Colorado

Lease Favorite: Washington DC

DC isn't a state.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@Kevlar101 said:

@GazaAli said:

Great choices, I have also always wanted to go to Washington and Alaska (I live in the U.S. anyway lol)

Though, because I am a (very non-Bible Thumping) Southerner, I have to say that the abundance of Bible Thumpers is not worth avoiding this place entirely. I live in Tennessee, and Nashville is actually a pretty awesome city. It's clean (well, as clean as a big city can get at least), there are some decent attractions, the people are friendlier than you might think (I recently had some visitors from California who mentioned how they discovered that 'Southern Hospitality' is a real thing). Of course, you have other great cities like Atlanta (in the state of Georgia) and the nice city of New Orleans (in the state of Louisiana) which is considered the main cultural hub of the south. Florida is also a nice state, and Miami is frequently considered to be among the nicer cities in the U.S. to visit.

But definitely avoid Mississippi. Yeah.

Maybe I'm typing too much here, but I just thought I should say something on the subject :P

TL;DR version: The Bible Thumpers are abundant here, but not nearly noticeable or annoying enough to avoid this place altogether. In general, the people are friendlier than people who haven't been here realize.

No by all means, this is all interesting. Well I should reiterate the fact that I really don't know that much about individual states so I'm relying on stereotypes I developed over the years and general perceptions of some states. For instance, it is rather straightforward why I wouldn't want to visit the Bible belt but your description of some parts of it and norms pertaining to it suggest otherwise. I remember watching a short documentary about southern food such as crocodiles and catfish and it seemed you guys enjoy good food and like sharing it with others. I don't know though whether a somewhat brown Arab Muslim would be welcomed there. Other than that I wouldn't mind visiting.

Most importantly, I kind of relate to what you're saying about others' perception of the south. Within the Middle East and more specifically the Palestinian territories, Gaza is considered a shithole. While that is by no means wrong, it is no where near what they make it out or believe it to be. You can say any number of defamatory and derisive remarks about the place and you'll more likely to turn out to be right than wrong; in fact you'll find me nodding along. But there are a few things that exist in this place that wouldn't be found anywhere else in the entire region. But to be fair, it is still not close to being enough to save the place so maybe that's the deal with the Bible belt too lol

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#28 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts

Texas would be my favorite. The worst? South Carolina. I lived there for 2 years. Ha Ha! No thanks. Not ever again.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 themajormayor

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@themajormayor said:

You talk like California is a tiny place with just one climate.

No I'm not.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By themajormayor

Oh Hawaii seems super nice though.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31  Edited By Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

Best: New York because NYC is great and because it's generally a nice looking and enjoyable state.

Worst: West Virginia because there's nothing there and when you are somewhere the people aren't the greatest. Also, highways in the mountains.

GamerNerdTalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 1

#32 GamerNerdTalk
Member since 2011 • 341 Posts

Texas is pretty bad, mainly because President Bush was from there, and I really don't like that guy.

Montana being my favorite

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@GamerNerdTalk said:

Texas is pretty bad, mainly because President Bush was from there, and I really don't like that guy.

Montana being my favorite

I dislike Texas, but not because someone I dislike comes from there. That's pretty silly.

My favorite state is Washington, and I dislike the previous governor Christine Gregoire.

My least favorite state has to be New Mexico.

Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

New York my favorite

South Carolina is my least favorite

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

It was phrased oddly. I haven't been to all 50 states, but have enough knowledge of them and this country to know there isn't big enough difference to really matter.

What? There's plenty of difference between states, man.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36  Edited By hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

I've only been to California and New Yurkk .... both are great .. 8/10 cali .... 8.5 NY ...lol ... not looking forward to visit other state but one day I would like to visit hawaii but no money ... boo hoo hoo

@TheFlush said:

I've never been to the US but I love the fact that it's so big that there are big differences in nature there.

My country (The Netherlands) is so small that that's not the case in our provinces. Except for Limburg, that one is probably the prettiest with it's hills in the southern part.

I've been to ur country few times ...... It's still better than US though

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheWalkingGhost

@Aljosa23 said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

What? There's plenty of difference between states, man.

Not enough to matter. Some just suck less then others. I may apply to the jet programme and move to Japan if I can.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Favorite: Texas or Wisconsin

Least: California

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#39 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

dunno what back alleys you guys hang out in, but I think Cali rocks. =P

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheWalkingGhost

@Allicrombie said:

Where rocks exactly? My area is a dump!

helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts

Favorite Washington state

Least favorite New York

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

It's like a dream for me...u know...visiting the mighty America ....i'll give u the answer MAYBE in like 5years.....guess i'd like NY the most tho and it does come at surprise to me why some ppl refer to it as the least fav

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

Favorite: California

Least: Texas

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#45 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@Allicrombie said:

West Hollywood is rather nice.

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

Favorite: Cali/Washington state

least: probably Mississippi or Kentucky

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TheWalkingGhost

@Allicrombie said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@Allicrombie said:

West Hollywood is rather nice.

I'll take your word on that.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

Least favorite: Florida. I say this state because of the ridiculous justice system it has there and in general the sheer amount of crazy that the state seems to produce. I see Florida as nothing more than an embarrassment to the country with the fucked up shit that goes on down there. Add in to the fact I also see nothing of value in the state (Disneyworld sucks unless you are 7 years old) besides maybe Universal Studios, and you have a state I simply can't stand.

**** you. I live in Florida.

Least Favorite: Florida. It's full of white trash and loud Cubans.

Favorite: North Carolina. Very pretty state with mountains and 4 seasons.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Least favorite would have to be New York.

Favorite would have to be North Dakota.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts
@mjorh said:

It's like a dream for me...u know...visiting the mighty America ....i'll give u the answer MAYBE in like 5years.....guess i'd like NY the most tho and it does come at surprise to me why some ppl refer to it as the least fav

Cost of living in NY is extremely high. Even higher if you plan on living in the city. Most of my issues with the state have to do with corruption, but that's something you wouldn't experience if you were just coming here to visit.