2 MUST READ ?'s about Shooters. Hurry! While supplies last!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Skeptomania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Skeptomania
Member since 2004 • 8104 Posts

1. I want to play a good single player FPS and don't know which to get: FEAR for $30, CoD2 for $20, HL2Ep1 for $20, Gun for $20, Prey for $20, Dark Messiah for $40(yea, I know not a shooter but I like First Person adventure too). I just want a good shooter or First Person Adventure game. What do yo reccomend?

2. What's going to be the best Shooter/FPadventure coming out this year? I'm stoked for quite a few of them.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#2 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
OUt of that list I recommend FEAR for $30, HL2:Ep 1 if you really enjoyed HL2. Best shooter out this year, Crysis probably.
User10293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 User10293
Member since 2004 • 600 Posts
1. Out of those, COD2 is probably the best. 2. There's a lot of good shooters coming out this year so it's hard to pick one, but personally I think UT3 will be the best.
Glordit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Glordit
Member since 2005 • 1525 Posts
[QUOTE="nutcrackr"]OUt of that list I recommend FEAR for $30, HL2:Ep 1 if you really enjoyed HL2. Best shooter out this year, Crysis probably.

yea rather get the half-life anthology, HF2 Ep1 or HF, HF2 and Ep1 or F.E.A.R
kodai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 kodai
Member since 2003 • 924 Posts
All of the titles you mentioned are worth playing. The only one I just cant recommend is Dark Messiah. At least no now. It's a very fun game, but there are so many bugs that (even after all the patching) it not worth the headaches you may have. I say may because a good number of people can play it without issue, but many others (far more than in most other games) have had to just give up on it. At the current rate of problems solved via patching on DM, it's going to be another many more months before they get most of the major bugs ironed out. Avoid it now and get it when it's cheaper and and running better. By then an expansion may also be ready to come out for it. A second note about your list is HL2 episode 1. Great, but short. Also episode 2 will be out and will be bringing the full version of the new havoc physics engine with it, and that's why it's taken so long for the second episode to come out. Make sure you have a decent machine to run it when it comes, because it's gonna be a resource hog. Still episode 1 is very fun, but very short. You'll do the whole thing in an evening at best. Dont know that I'd say the game play alone is worth $20, but if you wanna keep up with the story and be ready for the story in episode 2 then you pretty much dont have a choice. Preordering the episodes is worth it as you save a few bucks. My view as to bes FPS or adventure game for '07 is a complete mixed bag. I just cat pull for any of them until I play them first hand, but there are many that I cant wait to try. This is also the year for RTS to make a good comeback as well (plus the tail end of 2006 with THQ releasing both Dark Crusade and Company of Heros). Supreem Commander will add the ever so much needed STRATEGY to the term of real time strategy. Then we have C&C 3 which will be a welcome throwback. The quick burst of adventure games and RPG's sems to be dropping off and I think that '07 will really belong to the RTS scene. '08 already looks to be heading to the MMO scene with a couple of FPS titles in the works. Quake Wars will be BF2142 on horse steroids from what I've seen of it.